Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    P4???
    Every runs in before outer ring appears
    Heroisme gets popped I pop my shield on my self and vampiric embrace
    What usually happens is that before hero runs out at least 1 person is dead.
    wipe at 11-17% not from berserk even though its 10-20sec away but from death.

TBH don't know when the others is resetting their stacks in last Part but I do it at 5-6
    Your tactics are perfectly fine. Looking at the log, on some attempts you have problems with the Spark adds, you can try to kite them a bit more while AoEing (slow them and have everyone run into the middle to the boss).
    One thing that might help: Don't go for the fifth orb in the second transition. Instead, use the time the 5th orb travels to dps the boss. How much HP does he have when the last phase starts? It shouldn't be more than 35%.

As for why people die in the last phase, I would say your healers suck. During the last phase they should be able to do 300k HPS together (including CDs), which they are not delivering. I don't know much about Paladins, but the Druid could definitely do better. TBH I don't know what he's doing in the last phase, he should be using the heck out of Rejuv, but only had 40 ticks (I had 171 in the same time). Does he have mana problems? You healers should enter the last phase with near 100% mana, or they're doing something wrong.

Compare the healing in the last minute of your best try with the last minute of our kill yesterday. We used Healing Tide during the Transition, and Tranquility during Bloodlust. I did 170k HPS in that minute, our off-spec healing Shaman did 125k. Your healers need to step up their performance. And yes, don't use Priest Tranq, it's a waste of dps. Your shaman should use Healing Tide / Ascendance though.

10+ Year Old Account
    first of all make the warlock go destruction because its WAY better than affliction for that fight(i do 120k and i only have a 481 ilvl)
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Going for 4 and burning boss on the 5th will increase your damage done to the boss dramatically. Even burning 3 and dpsing on the 4th isn't all that bad but having 8 stacks over 6 on the boss is ideal in p4.

Your paladins are also pretty terrible. Having 2 holy paladins isn't ideal, but should be completely doable.
    Neither of them are using light's hammer correctly.
    They should also be using divine purpose over holy avenger unless they are extremely pro at cd usage (which they aren't). Even then divine purpose is better imo.

When you are using a druid and paladin earlier lights hammer isn't doing anything and he never uses goatk or divine favor.
    I am going to use your last wipe as an example.

The most important part is that your healers conserve mana by healing smart by beacon switching and proper cd usage early on.
    Going into p4 with 90%+ mana is ideal. Your paladins should be melee'ing the pillars to get mana back via SoI.

One of your paladins should go into the transition into p4 with goatk thrown up and big heals all around to bring everyone back up.
    Other paladin should wings setting up a lights hammer where you guys stack.

There are two ways you guys can stack:
    1. everyone in melee + don't reset stacks just burn (only recomended with high dps)
    2. range and heals in range everyone reset stacks at 6-7.

Your raid has so many defensive cds I would almost say to use strat 1 but use what you are comfortable with.

You can have your first paladin wings.
    First paladin drops lights hammer with wings up.
    Your warrior can drop a demo banner.
    Your shaman can ancestral guidance.
    Your priest can Vamp Embrace.
    All 3 paladins have devo aura which you can chain for 18 seconds of 20% reduced raid damage at any time (I would do this at sub 10%)
    Both dks can then amz.
    Second paladin goatk.
    First paladin wings.
    Warrior rallying cry.
    Second paladin's lights hammer should be up.
    First paladin divine favor.
    Shaman healing tide.
    Second paladin divine favor.
    First paladin lights hammer again.

You get the point.
    If you get a druid dps thats nature's vigil and heart of the wild tranq.
    Druid heals same but also tree form.
    Healing priest brings divine hymn or spirit shell + barrier.
    Monk heals brings revival and xuen.
    Shaman heals brings ascendance and slt.
    Every additional warrior brings another demo banner and rallying.
    Every additional shaman brings another ancestral guidance and healing tide.
    Every additional ret paladin brings divine purpose and a lay on hands.
    Every additional spriest a vamp embrace.
    A warlock brings healthstones which is 3x 2min cd 20% hp healed (if called out on vent and everyone uses it). (40% over 10 seconds if glyphed which is ideal for elegon p4)

I am not even going into the personal defensive cds that every class has.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    first of all make the warlock go destruction because its WAY better than affliction for that fight(i do 120k and i only have a 481 ilvl)
    Affliction is better.
    Last edited by silverhatred; 2012-11-16 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Going for 4 and burning boss on the 5th will increase your damage done to the boss dramatically. Even burning 3 and dpsing on the 4th isn't all that bad but having 8 stacks over 6 on the boss is ideal in p4.

Your paladins are also pretty terrible. Having 2 holy paladins isn't ideal, but should be completely doable.
    Neither of them are using light's hammer correctly.
    They should also be using divine purpose over holy avenger unless they are extremely pro at cd usage (which they aren't). Even then divine purpose is better imo.

When you are using a druid and paladin earlier lights hammer isn't doing anything and he never uses goatk or divine favor.
    I am going to use your last wipe as an example.

The most important part is that your healers conserve mana by healing smart by beacon switching and proper cd usage early on.
    Going into p4 with 90%+ mana is ideal. Your paladins should be melee'ing the pillars to get mana back via SoI.

One of your paladins should go into the transition into p4 with goatk thrown up and big heals all around to bring everyone back up.
    Other paladin should wings setting up a lights hammer where you guys stack.

There are two ways you guys can stack:
    1. everyone in melee + don't reset stacks just burn (only recomended with high dps)
    2. range and heals in range everyone reset stacks at 6-7.

Your raid has so many defensive cds I would almost say to use strat 1 but use what you are comfortable with.

You can have your first paladin wings.
    First paladin drops lights hammer with wings up.
    Your warrior can drop a demo banner.
    Your shaman can ancestral guidance.
    Your priest can Vamp Embrace.
    All 3 paladins have devo aura which you can chain for 18 seconds of 20% reduced raid damage at any time (I would do this at sub 10%)
    Both dks can then amz.
    Second paladin goatk.
    First paladin wings.
    Warrior rallying cry.
    Second paladin's lights hammer should be up.
    First paladin divine favor.
    Shaman healing tide.
    Second paladin divine favor.
    First paladin lights hammer again.

You get the point.
    If you get a druid dps thats nature's vigil and heart of the wild tranq.
    Druid heals same but also tree form.
    Healing priest brings divine hymn or spirit shell + barrier.
    Monk heals brings revival and xuen.
    Shaman heals brings ascendance and slt.
    Every additional warrior brings another demo banner and rallying.
    Every additional shaman brings another ancestral guidance and healing tide.
    Every additional ret paladin brings divine purpose and a lay on hands.
    Every additional spriest a vamp embrace.
    A warlock brings healthstones which is 3x 2min cd 20% hp healed (if called out on vent and everyone uses it). (40% over 10 seconds if glyphed which is ideal for elegon p4)

I am not even going into the personal defensive cds that every class has.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 09:20 AM ----------

Affliction is better.
    Wow that was quite a mouhtfull really thanks for the feedback.

Tonight we will raid again. sadly due to replacement as written earlier the team comp will be this:
    Blood DK
    Protection Warrior
    Resto Druid
    Holy Paladin
    Shadow Priest
    Destruction Warlock
    Elemental Shaman
    Frost Mage
    Frost DK
    Random PUG (Server is quite dead so havent found one yet)

After reading though all the helpful feedback from this post we will use this tactic.

P1
    Both DK's Uses Army Rest uses prepot (hopefully)
    Blood DK pulls boss
    Add spawn Blood DK takes it and Prot Warrior Takes boss
    If random pug=Ranged then he, Ele sham and Frost mage goes on add, if no lock helps instead of pug.
    Rest on boss
    Aim to get only 2 adds During this phase but 3 should also be fine.
    P2
    Blood DK, Resto Druid, Frost Mage, Frost DK and Shadow priest Takes left side. 1 on each piller with dk helping where he is needed
    Rest on right side
    Aim for 4 ball kills Nuke boss during 5th.
    P3
    Each dps takes the piller he is assigned to Tank healer in middle to pick up adds/heal everyone to full
    Run to middle Stack up cc and aoe down
    Floor appear Again warrior leap in to tank boss melee runs to boss and ranged dps adds to 0HP
    P1.1
    Same tactic as P1 aim to get boss to 50% health in 5-6 add kills at the most
    P2.1
    Same tactic in P2
    P3.1
    Almost Same tactic in P3
    When floor appear Shadow Priest pops Vamp Embrace and multi dot+mind sear the adds down wheen floor appear to get everyone to full health while killing the adds faster
    P4
    Adds Dead pop Hero
    Paladin+Warrior pop Devotion Aura+Rallying Cry
    When rallying Cry is over shaman pop healing tide totem
    When devotion Aura is over druid pop tranq
    When healing tide totem is gone DK's pop AMZ
    Hopefully before hero is gone boss is dead.

Anyone see anything bad in this tactic?
    We are starting to raid in 1½ hour so would like feedback before we go.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Looks good. GL bro.

I would say in phase 3.1 have the shadow priest pop Vampiric Embrace as soon as the floor is up and just focus DPS on the boss. The healing output from the damage bonus on Elegon will be enough to help through the adds. They will die so fast with the frost DK and mage that the spriest is wasting VE by dpsing the adds with it up. Other than that, good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    I would say in phase 3.1 have the shadow priest pop Vampiric Embrace as soon as the floor is up and just focus DPS on the boss. The healing output from the damage bonus on Elegon will be enough to help through the adds. They will die so fast with the frost DK and mage that the spriest is wasting VE by dpsing the adds with it up. Other than that, good luck!
    okay thank you. the last pug we got was another spriest so we will do both first and see what happens ellse i will include both priest vamp in the rotation
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2012-11-17 at 07:31 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news everyone we one shot it

world of log

we actually failed on the 4th ball in first 2 phase so we barely made berserk.

and then we one shotted the last boss afterwards

I really want to thank everyone who has given me great feedback and helped us get him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    gratz sir and good luck in progression

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you thank you, you are far too kind.

Well lets see if we can get heart of fear down tomorrow night.

This boss is another one of those dumb mechanics. Basically if you have enough DPS to kill the boss under the enrage timer, you get a buff that increases your DPS. If you don't have enough DPS to kill the boss under the enrage timer (IE, you can't kill the sparks before they reach the columns) then you don't get a buff that increases your DPS.

I'm not sure what the purpose is of giving people a buff that they don't need in the first place. So you end up with this disparity of groups who blow him away and groups who will wipe on him until the next raid tier comes out with gear so they can go back and beat it.

Good news everyone we one shot it
    Good job man! The first 2 bosses are easier than elegon now that they normalized some of the abilities. Some will call it a nerf but I think it's an appropriate change. Have fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jfragment View Post
    Good job man! The first 2 bosses are easier than elegon now that they normalized some of the abilities. Some will call it a nerf but I think it's an appropriate change. Have fun!

Thank you for the tip forgot to tell that after we downed will of emperor. we downed first boss in heart of fear approximately 2 hours later with 9-10 wipes.

Tomorrow we will try see if we can get 2nd and at least 3rd boss down. After doing it on lfr with fail groups I must admit I am not looking forward to hit another brick wall.

Hi chaosjones,

since I play a prot warrior myself might I give yours a few tips for taking far less damage?
    I looked at your Elegon tries and he is taking far too much damage and therefore makes your healers life unnecessary hard. He seems to be using Devastate far too often and Shield Slam far too less. In a kill try I am blocking around 40-50 of his melee attacks absorbing 2.5-3m of his damage. Your tank is only blocking 13 melee hits resulting in a lot more damage taken then necessary. Blocking his melee hits is mandatory for a prot warrior. If you have excess rage use Barrier on Breaths, but try to block as much as you can.

In general he is taking far to many hits without actively mitigating them looking at the other logs posted. That is what tanking has become in MoP and you warrior still seem to do the transition.

Anyways, congrats to the progress your group is making. Keep it up.

Howgie

10+ Year Old Account
    People are still fights elegon normal?

Post constructively or resist the temptation to press the post button -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-11-19 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    People still make useless posts because the think everyone is spending their time the same way they do?

Just go away and stop trolling in really useful threads...

Quote Originally Posted by jfragment View Post
    I could not find any sources on the nerfs.. Could you provide a link please? Also if its true, it makes me kinda sad they nerfed 2 already easymode bosses :-/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Wow that was quite a mouhtfull really thanks for the feedback.

P1
    Both DK's Uses Army Rest uses prepot (hopefully)
    Blood DK pulls boss
    Add spawn Blood DK takes it and Prot Warrior Takes boss
    If random pug=Ranged then he, Ele sham and Frost mage goes on add, if no lock helps instead of pug.
    Rest on boss
    Aim to get only 2 adds During this phase but 3 should also be fine.

We are starting to raid in 1½ hour so would like feedback before we go.
    Pop army at the last phase, it is a difference between 1 million damage (if you do it on p1) and ~3 million damage (if you do it on the last phase). This is to take full advantages of damage taken debuff on boss and DK tank vengeance. Besides, your dk tank can use it as a mini defensive CD.
    Last edited by mmocdfa8a7ceef; 2012-11-19 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post

Post constructively or resist the temptation to press the post button -Azshira
    wern ta sprek engrish prease!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascetina View Post
    Pop army at the last phase, it is a difference between 1 million damage (if you do it on p1) and ~3 million damage (if you do it on the last phase). This is to take full advantages of damage taken debuff on boss and DK tank vengeance. Besides, your dk tank can use it as a mini defensive CD.
    good idea thank you very much.