Dailies and alts

Dailies, dailies, dailies... the topic on everyone's shit list right now. Doing them is tedious, boring, and feels like an obligation for progression. Sure, we can skip over them, but not all of us have access to 10/25 man guilds that down bosses easier, so rep is our means of getting gear.

I agree with the portion of the community who says they are repetitive and boring. I've gotten revered with most of the reps and I've gotten burnt out doing them, however, I think if Blizzard made the tabards at exalted status give rep and account bound for your other characters, it would give more incentive for me to get to exalted.

This is positive for three reasons: 1) You would have to at least get exalted on one character through the traditional method of grinding through quests (which is what Blizzard intended). 2) I think with an incentive to make the tabards give rep and allow them to be account bound, would show an increase in players doing dungeon runs for rep on alts. 3) This would also allow for a less grindy way of reaching certain rep statuses on other characters. Yes, dungeon grinding is a grind in itself, but with this addition, it would give you choices to either do daily quests or instance runs.

Thoughts?
    This is for you, the beta-less: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWDDma9KvAA

This. Getting rep on my main is hard enough, currently the only way I can reasonably gear my alt is by getting lucky in LFR, because grinding dailies for rep on alts is absolutely out of the question.

Tabards for rep (make it only give a little, doesnt have to be the waterfall of rep that cataclysm was!) would motivate me to finish the reps on my main, and allow me to actually get the rep at all on my alts.

Rep isn't the long term problem. The VP grind is the long term problem.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Come 5.1 your alts will get double rep if you already have a character that is revered with that faction.

I honestly think you guys are just unable to do the math involving dailies and you are doing way more than you have to do. After what.. 6 weeks? I am Revered with GL and just got Revered with AC this week. The other two I only have the rep from questing through the zones. I also did the Tillers.

Without ever setting foot in a real raid.. my ilvl is something like 485. Buy the epics that require honored and GL revered... use your lucky charms on bosses that drop gear in the other slots. Do one faction at a time.

I think the only mistake the devs made was thinking the players would be smart enough to be efficient with this new system. Anyone who was doing all 4 of the factions at the same time just needs to learn some math... 1000VP per week.. items cost 1750 or 2400 VP.. yeah.. guess what.. you are going to be waiting on VP no matter how many daily quests you do per day.

sloooow down.. VP is what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This is correct. But, what good is VP if I have no desire to get the required rep to use that VP on 2+ characters?
    This is for you, the beta-less: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWDDma9KvAA

This and VP weekly limit.

If you don't like doing dailies, then don't do them. They aren't required.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    This and VP weekly limit.
    The biggest issue with the current rep and VP grinds are the fact that Blizzard took a game that was very alt friendly and changed to something that no longer is. Tons of people enjoyed being able to play and gear multiple characters without too much time commitment, but Blizzard decided they didn't want the game to play that way anymore. Even though I personally don't play my alts a lot, I think it's a bad design change, if only because it is making the game less fun for a large portion of the player base.

Not that dissimilar to the Cata heroic change. Once people get used to playing the game a certain way, they don't want a major change in game design. They want to be able to log in and follow the same progression routine they previously enjoyed. The other similarity is the stubborn refusal by Blizzard to admit they have made a mistake. The change will come when subs take another hit, but I can't believe Blizzard can't see that coming.

In a strange way, it's been a good change for me, because I can only manage one character now, so I'm playing less. I do what I have to to keep up my main, so I leveled a gatherer and a couple of profession alts to 90, but the rest can languish at 85 and I'll be online less. I have no interest in doing the daily grind again on my alts, so will spend less time online

As for the OP's suggestion of the exalted tabard providing rep, I think that is the best fix they could come up with now. In the future, it'd be nice if they truly provided options of how you get rep. I'm fine with no tabards, but dungeons could still provide rep for associated factions. Scenarios would have been a great way to give another rep option, and probably would have greatly increased the amount people used the feature. I'm all for the idea of weekly rep caps, but providing many ways to get there. Funneling everyone through a grind of dailies was just poor game design, and the insistence of Blizzard that they are 'optional' is denial at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by hmc View Post
    This is correct. But, what good is VP if I have no desire to get the required rep to use that VP on 2+ characters?
    The long term VP grind is for upgrading raid items, not buying VP gear. Rep is not required.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"