Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Sugar makes your brain.. hm.. lag.
    no it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I am going to play devil's advocate here a little and you will read:

Let's disregard the acidic aspect of Coca Cola, we know it is bad for your teeth.

Now let's look at the ingredients in a 1 liter bottle:

We got:

Sugar 10,6 gram per 100ml so the entire bottle contains 106 grams of sugar
    Sparkling water
    Color add: number e150d (caramel product)
    Acidic ingredients for consumption
    E338 (phosporic acid)
    Plant extracts (which include caffeine)

Now if you compare Coca Cola to some other shit out there which contain about 10 more ingredients or High Fructose Corn Syrup instead of sugar....

It really isn't that bad. The entire bottle is 420 kcal btw.

I am not denying that it is unhealthy, but I am merely saying that there is some worse stuff out there and I would choose plain old
    Coca Cola over them.
    Since when did Coca Cola not contain High Fructose Corn Syrup? [Edit: nevemind DAMN INTERNATIONAL PEOPLE =P] I know there is a real sugar variety, but it is not the mainstream product [Edit: Read more posts] . Ignoring that...Nothing you listed is well all that good.
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2012-11-15 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    To the people saying coke in the US uses high fructose corn syrup, you can get it with sugar at Costco.
    Yeah at 24 bucks for a case. :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So 1 bottle is the equivalent of an entire meal and you say it's not that bad?
    You aren't supposed to drink the whole bottle...

The think with coke is that its empty calories. There are little to no health benefits from it. While coke gives you needed calories to burn over the 0 calories in water, your body can do a lot more with pure water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    To the people saying coke in the US uses high fructose corn syrup, you can get it with sugar at Costco.
    but most soda in the US uses HFCS because it is cheaper, and you can put less of it by weight than cane sugar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Since when did Coca Cola not contain High Fructose Corn Syrup? I know there is a real sugar variety, but it is not the mainstream product. Ignoring that...Nothing you listed is well all that good.
    The vast majority of Coca Cola outside the US uses actual sugar.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Since when did Coca Cola not contain High Fructose Corn Syrup? I know there is a real sugar variety, but it is not the mainstream product. Ignoring that...Nothing you listed is well all that good.
    I added a picture from my current bottle.

In the USA it apparently does use HFCS.

News for you bro, most people do drink the entire bottle.

Now if you compare Coca Cola to some other shit out there which contain about 10 more ingredients or High Fructose Corn Syrup instead of sugar....
    Unfortunately that's not the case here in the states. They do use HFCS in their products here which sucks because I much prefer the taste of Cane/Beet Sugar.

http://productnutrition.thecoca-cola...la#ingredients

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yeah at 24 bucks for a case. :|
    That's because it's most likely imported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You aren't supposed to drink the whole bottle...

The think with coke is that its empty calories. There are little to no health benefits from it. While coke gives you needed calories to burn over the 0 calories in water, your body can do a lot more with pure water.
    I don't think I've had a drink of pure water in about four years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only the American version. In places where sugar cane is cheaper they use actual sugar.

Hence why I only drink Mexican Coke.
    Ah.. I'm not a fan of sodas so I never bothered to look.

In comparison with other products, I would say that it is relatively safe in terms of its ingredients. Even if you include acidity (which I think is a more important factor than the OP implied), Mountain Dew is far more notorious for its negative influence on teeth. Despite this, though, its still much less healthy than many non soda products, and ultimately being a relatively safe soda does not really imply that it isn't bad for you.

Deleted
    As usual people are missing the point.

I am not saying it is healthy but it isn't so bad in comparison to other things.
    Compared to what? Cyanide? Toxic waste? Coke is not as bad as those obviously, but you wont catch anybody that cares about their health drinking any of them. Its like saying petrol is less dangerous to drink than bleach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post

In comparison with other products, I would say that it is relatively safe in terms of its ingredients. Even if you include acidity (which I think is a more important factor than the OP implied), Mountain Dew is far more notorious for its negative influence on teeth. Despite this, though, its still much less healthy than many non soda products, and ultimately being a relatively safe soda does not really imply that it isn't bad for you.
    Personally, I don't give a shit. I'm on the planet for less than a century and by god I will enjoy myself.

10+ Year Old Account

but MtnDew is made with actual fruit juices so its got to be good right?

One of the big problems is some people drink multiple cans a day, and long term studies have shown that that can have very negative effects on your bones, not just your teeth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Compared to what? Cyanide? Toxic waste? Coke is not as bad as those obviously, but you wont catch anybody that cares about their health drinking any of them. Its like saying petrol is less dangerous to drink than bleach.
    Mountain Dew I heard last time.

And some of the chocolate chip cookie products we have laying around here...sec...

How is your Keto going anyway?

And cares about their health..good lord, you won't die from occasionally drinking it, don't make it out to be a sin.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-11-15 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I don't give a shit. I'm on the planet for less than a century and by god I will enjoy myself.
    I was mostly using my second paragraph in general, not specifically addressing you. Whatever people want to take into their bodies is their own business, as long as they're informed of the consequences beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    but MtnDew is made with actual fruit juices so its got to be good right?
    One of my favorite jokes growing up was that Mountain Dew is a mix of water, sugar, and radioactive waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was mostly using my second paragraph in general, not specifically addressing you. Whatever people want to take into their bodies is their own business, as long as they're informed of the consequences beforehand.
    Naturally. As I said, I haven't actually drunk plain water in about four years. It's either soda, mixed drinks, juice, or that Crystal Light stuff.

Deleted
    Mountain Dew I heard last time.

And some of the chocolate chip cookie products we have laying around here...sec...

How is your Keto going anyway?
    Awesome, never felt fitter in my entire life. I would recommend this diet to anyone.