Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Awesome, never felt fitter in my entire life. I would recommend this diet to anyone.
    If I live on my own I will try it, but my parents buy a lot of carbs,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Sugar is not good for you. At all.
    Neither is coffee, smoking, alcohol or snus. I don't consume any of those, but I do drink cola on the weekends. Whilst I don't think you should drink any excessive amounts of it, you also have to try and enjoy life to the best you can while you still live... That said I still have no plans on trying smoking/snus, and keep alcohol to an extreme minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Nope, that is completely missing the point here and being a party pooper. You can't compare apple's with pears. (Dutch saying)

I am saying Coca Cola isn't that bad in comparison to other soda's or candy.
    Of course not, just like how Marlboro isn't that bad for you in comparison to Winston Lights. Doesn't mean it's not bad.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

The majority of Coke contains HFCS.

Also, the caloric content and acidity is harsh on your teeth, plus the calories are just unnecessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Naturally. As I said, I haven't actually drunk plain water in about four years. It's either soda, mixed drinks, juice, or that Crystal Light stuff.
    Do it then! NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Neither is coffee, smoking, alcohol or snus. I don't consume any of those, but I do drink cola on the weekends. Whilst I don't think you should drink any excessive amounts of it, you also have to try and enjoy life to the best you can while you still live... That said I still have no plans on trying smoking/snus, and keep alcohol to an extreme minimum.
    Coffee isn't that bad for you.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/fe...ew-health-food

What are you comparing it to?

Compare soda to other drinks, not soda to food...

Soda vs Ice tea
    Soda vs Water
    Soda vs Juice

And so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Of course not, just like how Marlboro isn't as bad for you as Winston Lights. Doesn't mean it's not bad.
    And if you actually read the OP then you knew I had said that already and that there was no need for repeating this part. :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it then! NOW!
    Never. Water is boring.

Drinking it postpones death but does not avert it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naturally. As I said, I haven't actually drunk plain water in about four years. It's either soda, mixed drinks, juice, or that Crystal Light stuff.
    I generally only drink water when I don't have the time to make tea and my budget limits other things. American water tastes.. strange.

Never. Water is boring.

Drinking it postpones death but does not avert it.
    I heard that drinking from the Dead Sea will increase your life expectancy by 5 years.

Deleted
    Surely you don't drink an entire bottle.
    I have drinked four 2L bottles of Coca-Cola at once. Don't ask why....

10+ Year Old Account
    Not true at all, natural fruit sugars are fine, also the natural sugar found in milk, in fact, certain sugars are essential for well being, but I agree there are bad sugars and it's in most of what we consume.

OT coke is bad no matter what, I used to be addicted to the stuff, drinking more than the average person... I no longer drink it anymore because of how it made my body feel (and look), think of it this way - A can of Coke has the equivalent of 10 tsp. of sugar.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

It's not the calories, but the insane amounts of sugar in sodas and soft drinks. Plus the corn syrup makes you so thirsty. I don't know why anyone would want a soda on a hot day. It just makes you more thirsty and is not refreshing at all. They do have Pepsi I believe with real sugar, as well as Mountain Dew etc. I've had them and they're actually pretty good. It's not syrupy at all, it goes down more smooth and it's less carbonated. Still a hell of a lot of sugar, but you can taste the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    but MtnDew is made with actual fruit juices so its got to be good right?
    But Mountain Dew kills sperm!!!! LOL

In all seriousness though, in my book it's just as bad as any other soft drink. Last I checked a can of Coke is something like 40 grams of sugar (I'm pretty sure the coke here in Canada uses HFCS as well but I could be wrong) and 43 grams of carbs alone... That's just plain nasty! I'll stick to my tap water with lemon and iced tea thank you very much
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Not true at all, natural fruit sugars are fine, also the natural sugar found in milk, in fact, certain sugars are essential for well being, but I agree there are bad sugars and it's in most of what we consume.

OT coke is bad no matter what, I used to be addicted to the stuff, drinking more than the average person... I no longer drink it anymore because of how it made my body feel (and look), think of it this way - A can of Coke has the equivalent of 10 tsp. of sugar.
    There is chemically little difference between "natural sugars" i.e. fructose and "refined sugars" i.e. sucrose. It's largely a myth that natural sugars are any better than refined sugar. Both are just as bad for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    But it's not all that great either, especially not in the amount people around here drink it... (Sweden)

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    A can of Coke has the equivalent of 10 tsp. of sugar.
    I remember making homemade pop in Chemistry class. Step 1 was:

Dissolve as much sugar into the water as you can.

Deleted
    Better than Aspartame

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Both coffee and alcohol have been shown in numerous studies to have benefits if used moderately. A cup of joe in the morning and a glass of red in the evening iss actually good for you.

You might want to specify as the body cannot survive without sugar in some form.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn