Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Water is bad for you in excessive amounts too. Coca-Cola is delicious. Stop hating everyone who says 400cal is bad in 1 bottle. Who drinks the entire bottle in either A. 1 sitting or B. 1 day? Crazy people who can't control moderation

Deleted
    Yeah I suppose if you place something in a context with worse things - it's not as bad as those things, but that hardly makes it alright for you to consume.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    This is the truth. If you care about your body, you care about what you put into it. Coke is chemicals. It's really not good for you. Everything in moderation and all that but there is nothing positive about it so stop trying to see it from a health perspective because the angle simply isn't there. I used to work at Coca Cola and there was a testing department and guess what.. I saw the ambulance a few times taking people out. I'm not kidding.
    Better watch out for that one chemical, dihydrogen monoxide. It's really bad; breathing it results in death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Hey me too, the only thing that bothers me is that im constantly hungry.
    I just eat Chipotle for an early lunch. It gets burned off on the bike commute home anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    Water is bad for you in excessive amounts too. Coca-Cola is delicious. Stop hating everyone who says 400cal is bad in 1 bottle. Who drinks the entire bottle in either A. 1 sitting or B. 1 day? Crazy people who can't control moderation
    You know, for water to be bad for you, you have to consume a ridiculous amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I just eat Chipotle for lunch.
    Gross! Eh, I can't cast stones. I put chocolate syrup on my french fries occasionally.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Better watch out for that one chemical, dihydrogen monoxide. It's really bad; breathing it results in death.
    yes we should all know the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    This is the truth. If you care about your body, you care about what you put into it. Coke is chemicals. It's really not good for you. Everything in moderation and all that but there is nothing positive about it so stop trying to see it from a health perspective because the angle simply isn't there. I used to work at Coca Cola and there was a testing department and guess what.. I saw the ambulance a few times taking people out. I'm not kidding.
    You are just making it out to be the devil now.

Moderation in everything is required, that's why I have only a glass once in a while.

But come your 'stories' don't mean jack all, I mean really? It is called testing for a reason. Those people signed up for it, we enjoy the final safe product.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, I drink a TON of Coke

But

In the Military we ran an experiment. We'd heard that you could take Coca Cola syrup, as in not yet carbonated, and strip off coats of wax on a floor.

It worked

To me, that says something about the product...

I still drink it though, it's delicious
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Yeah I suppose if you place something in a context with worse things - it's not as bad as those things, but that hardly makes it alright for you to consume.
    Oh I will consume and there is nothing to make right.

It is made for consumption.
    Yes, in moderation, I don't have anything to prove or be responsible for, I am merely pointing something positive out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    For the record, I drink a TON of Coke

But

In the Military we ran an experiment. We'd heard that you could take Coca Cola syrup, as in not yet carbonated, and strip off coats of wax on a floor.

It worked

To me, that says something about the product...

I still drink it though, it's delicious
    That's because it contains phosphoric acid. Kind of like how lemons contain citric acid.

Gross! Eh, I can't cast stones. I put chocolate syrup on my french fries occasionally.
    DUDE! Burrito with White Rice, Chicken, Hot Salsa and Cheese. Shit is baller and still has less calories than a Subway footlong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    DUDE! Burrito with White Rice, Chicken, Hot Salsa and Cheese. Shit is baller and still has less calories than a Subway footlong.
    I despise Mexican food. It always gives me indigestion for some reason; and this coming from a person that lived in India for four years.

There are 240 calories in a 20 Oz Coke. So that's only 2 cans of coke, and I know people drink that much in a day...
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-15 at 08:22 PM.

I despise Mexican food. It always gives me indigestion for some reason; and this coming from a person that lived in India for four years.
    It's not *that* Mexican.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Oh I will consume and there is nothing to make right.

It is made for consumption.
    Yes, in moderation, I don't have anything to prove, I am merely pointing something positive out.
    Go you! I don't mind if you ruin your body with the things you consume. I only draw the line if you try and ruin mine in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    There are 275 calories in a 20 Oz Coke. So that's only 2 cans of coke, and I know people drink that much in a day...
    Calories schmalories. It's the source of calories that matters, not the intake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck if i drink 1l of cola i will be jumping on wc every 5 min. (no idea what they put in my contry cola)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you care even a little about your future health when you're in your 40 or 50s you'd never touch the stuff... Or if you did, use it as a once in a while treat, not a daily drink.

It's like the golden ticket to diabetes.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

As with everything, it depends on how much you consume.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10800055