Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Calories schmalories. It's the source of calories that matters, not the intake.
    I'm just saying, you don't need to drink the whole bottle to reach 400 calories. (Like some people claim)

All it takes is two cans per day...
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-15 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    If you care even a little about your future health when you're in your 40 or 50s you'd never touch the stuff... Or if you did, use it a a once in a while treat, not a daily drink.

It's like the golden ticket to diabetes.
    Well, I don't particularly. I'll cross that hurdle when I come to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Both coffee and alcohol have been shown in numerous studies to have benefits if used moderately. A cup of joe in the morning and a glass of red in the evening iss actually good for you.
    And studies performed by me, myself, and this other guy in my brain, have shown that Coke, coffee, smoking, alcohol and snus all have one common benefit...

Doing all those things that you know are bad for you, feels f*ckin good.

Live until 100 if you want ya hipsters, I'll be dying happily at 40 knowing that I lived my life
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Go you! I don't mind if you ruin your body with the things you consume. I only draw the line if you try and ruin mine in the process.
    I haven't tried to ruin your body and I have not ruined mine.

Do not be a health freak please, it's not bad if you drink it once in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caffeine, nicotine and Jim Beam. Everything I love is killing me.

Sad my life is actually a country song.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Deleted
    I'm sorry I did not read the entire 5 pages, but I am quite curious. I never liked regular coke or pepsi, but I am hooked on EU version of Diet coke and most of all recently pepsi max. People tell me it's worse, because it contains artificial sweeteners. I drink quite a lot of it, like a liter/day. Since I don't know any of you, could you give me unbiased opinion based on facts, why it is bad, what can go wrong with my body etc? I usually dismiss all my colleagues or family when they tell me not to drink coke or pepsi, that I will stop if they stop smoking and drinking alcohol(I don't do either) which kills the argument always. So please, let me know, if I can end up like Fry glowing green after too much slurm or something equally bad.
    Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matej View Post
    I'm sorry I did not read the entire 5 pages, but I am quite curious. I never liked regular coke or pepsi, but I am hooked on EU version of Diet coke and most of all recently pepsi max. People tell me it's worse, because it contains artificial sweeteners. I drink quite a lot of it, like a liter/day. Since I don't know any of you, could you give me unbiased opinion based on facts, why it is bad, what can go wrong with my body etc? I usually dismiss all my colleagues or family when they tell me not to drink coke or pepsi, that I will stop if they stop smoking and drinking alcohol(I don't do either) which kills the argument always. So please, let me know, if I can end up like Fry glowing green after too much slurm or something equally bad.
    Thanks
    Ingesting too much aspartame can give you diarrhea.

A liter a day isn't "a lot".
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Cola is bad for you! It will give you diabetes, INSTANTLY! The government sell this toxic waste product on bottle with malicious intent.
    The insulin market is a profitable one, something the government and Coca cola has worked hard to ensure. Illuminati, need I say more?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I don't know who told you it was okay. Or even where you got the notion that any of those ingredients are okay. They're not though. You also didn't include the High Fructose Corn Syrup. You also didn't include how much each ingredient has in the bottle. Sugar is not THAT bad, but in high amounts it can be. The same can be told for all the other ingredients you listed.
    It doesn't contain HFCS, only in the USA.
    Those ingredients are pretty okay CONSIDERING IT'S A SOFT DRINK.
    I did include how much ingredients, as pretty much the only ingredient of which the amount is listed on is the sugar and otherwise you can look at the added picture.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Awesome, never felt fitter in my entire life. I would recommend this diet to anyone.
    You wont catch anybody that cares about their health doing Keto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You wont catch anybody that cares about their health doing Keto.
    Bullshit. The people that "care about their health" are essentially slaves to the propaganda injected by the food industry.

You literally feel so much healthier when you stay away from fizzy drinks. Lucozade, big cans of 'energy' drinks... it's all just colours, sugar and pish.

It's a shame I still drink alcohol though. Cider, that's one of the more sugary ones too. 300 per pint, iirc.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    If you care even a little about your future health when you're in your 40 or 50s you'd never touch the stuff... Or if you did, use it as a once in a while treat, not a daily drink.

It's like the golden ticket to diabetes.
    Exaggeration to the max.

I can do that too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I haven't tried to ruin your body and I have not ruined mine.

Do not be a health freak please, it's not bad if you drink it once in a while.
    Sorry I'm one of those crazy people that likes to look after the only body they've been given.

Deleted
    Sorry I'm one of those crazy people that likes to look after the only body they've been given.
    Oh, sorry for enjoying a little. You are making the stuff out to be far worse for you then it actually is.

And PLEASE don't take this and put it into more extremes, as I did NOT say it was healthy, it is unhealthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet no matter how well you look after it, you have an expiration date.

Might as well enjoy your allottment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Caffeine, nicotine and Jim Beam. Everything I love is killing me.

Sad my life is actually a country song.
    Two of those three (caffeine and alcohol) aren't really bad for you, in fact that both have some good traits if used in moderation. Nicotine (cigs) have pretty much nothing redeeming though.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    And yet no matter how well you look after it, you have an expiration date.

Might as well enjoy your allottment.
    Eh, I'd like to make sure I at least live long enough to become disabled (by age). Right after that I can die though.

It's fine to have a cheat meal once a week or so but the amount of sugar in Coca Cola is horrible, sure it may be one of the "Better" soft-drinks but they are all bad for you.

Personally if I were to have empty calories I would rather it be in my food than drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I only drink one can a week anyway :P
    Replace that with DR pepper and same. I can't really handle more than that.
    I have one Alcoholic drink and 1 soda a week. The rest is coffee/tea/juice/water.

I hasn't presented and evident weight or health problems my end. But I did notice on my trip the US the soda tasted a little bit more...
    I dunno sweeter? Not really, but it was a bit more moreish, where here in the UK I think they use Root Sugar quite commonly, it's a bit more bitter but I don't feel the need to drink any more than 1 can every so often.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.