Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    because of the negative press most companies are taking it out of their products, Heinz and most ketchup companies are doing it.
    Sources then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest contributor to my weight loss has been replacing coke with water and the occasional Juice (More recently energy drinks too, but I'm trying to get back into just water and Juice)

Coke might not have as much bad stuff in it as other drinks, but the issue is nothing in coke apart from the water is actually good for you. One thing I found as a good replacement for coke when I really crave it is sparkling fruit juices (My favourite is Orange and Passionfruit) they actually have real fruit juice in them which means vitamins. With coke you just get calories and it's easy to drink a lot and therefore consume a lot of calories without realizing it.

Friday nights, my favorite night

I go train hard, I come back, I spent my left over cash on a 10" pizza and a just under a liter of of coke,

I eat the entire pizza, and drink most of the coke,

Yes its "bad" for us, but no fucking worse than what most of you hypocrites probably eat in the week, not one of you I wager is in a position to lectuer anyone about whats good and whats bad for them to eat or drink,

and for the record, Monday through to friday, I drink water, maybe a blue power aid if I have a day of practicals, and eat only ham / cheese sandwhichs, and noodles / rice when I get in, except for fridays, before anyone tries throwing my own speech at me
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Sources then.
    I guess i was thinking about hunts, but here are the 2 biggest brands of ketchup in the US

http://vivienveil.files.wordpress.co...1/ketchup2.jpg

I guess i was thinking about hunts, but here are the 2 biggest brands of ketchup in the US

http://vivienveil.files.wordpress.co...1/ketchup2.jpg
    So there's Hunts, and then there's: http://www.activistpost.com/2012/09/...-fructose.html

Yogurts
    Breads
    Frozen pizzas
    Cereal bars
    Cocktail peanuts
    Boxed macaroni and cheese
    Salad Dressing
    Tonic
    Applesauce
    Canned Fruit
    That's an extremely abbreviated list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is like chosing between a rock and a hard place or between purgatory and hell, I guess. I mean..if something is already bad, saying something else is not worse but only equally bad is..well..what can I say..lost for words, here.
    well he was trying to argue that HFCS is far worse for you than table sugar which is absolutly false.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    People drink whole 2 litter bottles of coke ? wtf
    I could do 2 litres in a day easily,

I drink way more than I eat, if Im doing assignment work or gaming, I pour myself a large glass and I dont realize Im drinking it through out the day, I'm not saying I do, but I could

But I do agree with WTF when you see these people who religiously drink 2 liter bottles a day,

Oh while I remember, pull out 2 of your teeth, put one in vinegar, and one in coke for a night, and get back to me with the results
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

well he was trying to argue that HFCS is far worse for you than table sugar which is absolutly false.
    You haven't proven it false. At the very least, health officials aren't sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    You haven't proven it false. At the very least, health officials aren't sure.
    and food scientists would argue its the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I could do 2 litres in a day easily,

I drink way more than I eat, if Im doing assignment work or gaming, I pour myself a large glass and I dont realize Im drinking it through out the day, I'm not saying I do, but I could

But I do agree with WTF when you see these people who religiously drink 2 liter bottles a day,

Oh while I remember, pull out 2 of your teeth, put one in vinegar, and one in coke for a night, and get back to me with the results
    and now dip them in the cola 4/5 times in 12 hours. then let them rest for 12 hours.

because drinking. is more like dipping then letting them stay in there.

because if we must follow your logic. if someone takes a shower it has the same affect on the skin as some1 who took a both for 12 hours.

First world problems. It's just a drink. Enjoy it.

Fat, sugar, salt etc isn't bad for you. Too much is bad for you. Anything in excess is bad.
    It's just a sugary drink, it's not like it's water from a contaminated well.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So 1 bottle is the equivalent of an entire meal and you say it's not that bad?
    Also, when you compare the calories to the nutrients you get from it, it's very bad. It's the poster child of "empty calories".

Just look for a nutrient density chart like this one. It will always be near the bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no health benefit from drinking soda. It's a commodity, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Only the American version. In places where sugar cane is cheaper they use actual sugar.

Hence why I only drink Mexican Coke.
    Coke is my favorite drink. It's one of the few things I still eat that isn't healthy or as healthy as I can make it. But Mexican coke is by far my favorite, real sugar tastes better.

Im also fairly certain the OP was making a comparative observation. Yes it is bad for you, but compared to other stuff in small quantities it's not that bad. Almost anything in large quantities is bad but I think if you only have a couple here and there it's not nowhere near as bad as people who drink almost only sodas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Coke is my favorite drink. It's one of the few things I still eat that isn't healthy or as healthy as I can make it. But Mexican coke is by far my favorite, real sugar tastes better.

Im also fairly certain the OP was making a comparative observation. Yes it is bad for you, but compared to other stuff in small quantities it's not that bad. Almost anything in large quantities is bad but I think if you only have a couple here and there it's not nowhere near as bad as people who drink almost only sodas.
    Yes, but people seem to not be able to read. Hence them saying it is not healthy all the time when that goes without saying.

I agree with the OP.

Don't worry man, people in these forums are just plain stupid.

On a side note, I drink Coke pretty much every day. I have NO health problems at all. NEVER had a broken bone (people say Coke causes Ostheoporosis (spelling?). And I am NOT overweight.

Worse than drinking Coke is staying home in front of the computer doing abso-fucking-lutely nothing all day, like 90% of you do.

Yeah, blame the Coke for your health problems. Noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornias View Post
    First world problems. It's just a drink. Enjoy it.

Fat, sugar, salt etc isn't bad for you. Too much is bad for you. Anything in excess is bad.
    It's just a sugary drink, it's not like it's water from a contaminated well.
    Seconded.

Sugar is a carb whether is it sucrose (cane sugar) or fructose (HFCS) same as grains. If you eat a lot of it you will probably get fat if you don't work out and if you don't brush your teeth you will get cavities. Sugar is really the least bad thing for you in soft drinks besides water. The acids and preservatives and caffeine and carbonation and artificial sweeteners in diet drinks are what are really bad for you. Its still not a reason to not drink it at all, just not a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there's Hunts, and then there's: http://www.activistpost.com/2012/09/...-fructose.html

That's an extremely abbreviated list.
    It's pretty safe to assume that anything sweet sold here in the US uses HFCS as the primary sweetener unless it specifically states otherwise.

There's nothing horrible about HFCS in and of itself, it's just that so much sugar is just really bad for you... sugar almost becomes a fucking poison when you have too much of it, and it's in damned near everything we eat, just like salt.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Coca cola is incredibly bad for you no matter how you try to dress it up. Same goes for any other popular brand fizzy drink.

Drinking water is the way forward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    Coca cola is incredibly bad for you no matter how you try to dress it up. Same goes for any other popular brand fizzy drink.

Drinking water is the way forward.
    Oh dear....

Oh dear god....