10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

How long will dailies last us?

Don't worry, this is not a thread about being burned out from doing dailies, do them whenever you feel like it.

Rather, I'm wondering about how long the current rewards, i.e valor gear, will remain attractive to us? They're still "just" a nice upgrade here and there, but inevitably we'll be getting better and better "starter" gear as the tiers are released.

Have Blizzard mentioned anything about this? I'd imagine a newly dinged 90 in 5.2 or beyond has little to no incentive to do the dailies, unless they want the profession stuff? The non-wind serpent mounts might be a incentive, but I doubt it.

My only guess so far is that the quartermasters valor gear will be upgraded as tiers are released, but at the same time it seems like Blizzard are more focused on keeping more than one tier relevant, more so than can be said about Cataclysm.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Starting in 5.1, VP can be used to upgrade the stats of raid gear. Each item will be upgradable twice, for a total of 8 ilvl increase. To fully upgrade 16 slots will require 24,000 VP.

You will not stop grinding VP, ever, and dailies deliver VP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

How long did the 359 epics last in Cata?

I think each patch the devs are going to release a new daily hub and faction which you can earn some higher ilvl epics for. There will also gradually be more LFRs which will have high ilevels.

In 5.2.... a newly dinged 90 will not have the ilvl to get into the newest LFR. they will have to do some reps. But really, it depends on what type of new ´90´ it is. if it is an alt, then that player will be getting double rep starting in 5.1 and also there are enough BOEs floating around that getting an alt caught up won´t be much of a problem. If it is a new character that dinged 90.. then yeah, they will probably have to at least get a few of the factions to honored and buy some rep gear before they can get into the latest LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    How long did the 359 epics last in Cata?

I think each patch the devs are going to release a new daily hub and faction which you can earn some higher ilvl epics for. There will also gradually be more LFRs which will have high ilevels.

In 5.2.... a newly dinged 90 will not have the ilvl to get into the newest LFR. they will have to do some reps. But really, it depends on what type of new ´90´ it is. if it is an alt, then that player will be getting double rep starting in 5.1 and also there are enough BOEs floating around that getting an alt caught up won´t be much of a problem. If it is a new character that dinged 90.. then yeah, they will probably have to at least get a few of the factions to honored and buy some rep gear before they can get into the latest LFR.
    The thing you're forgetting is you can expect new heroics to come out with higher ilvl gear as well as the crafted pvp gear/honor gear being increased with each season, as was the case last expansion.

There will be no reason to do the current dailies for your alts other than professions unless they continue to gate the reputations/dailies with newly introduced factions or completely change their model of gear progression.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-11-15 at 07:37 PM.

dailies stopped being attracktive the second you digned exalted.. wich was weeks ago if you did them everyday.. (and even earlier if you farmed scritch nd stuffs like i did).
    vp stopped being an upgrade about 2 weeks ago for me.. and as of today im stuck at this stupid 3k vp cap.. i can only hope 5.1 comes out next week else ive capped vp every week for nothing..

however once 5.1 comes out vp will matter again for some time.. im not sure if every single item can be upgraded but for every item there is 1500vp to spend upgrading it

Actually, in Cata the T11 359-372 gear lasted until 4.2 (Firelands), as 4.1 only brought 353 epics.

I saw the 5.1 Dailies/rep has 496 VP gear, up from 489 from the other factions. + VP upgrade, so we will see a small ilvl bump.