Thread: Fear

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fear

You guys think it's likely we'd see a fear nerf incoming anytime soon?
    I mean, it just wont break. I get feared at 100%, and it breaks at close to 30%. How is this anywhere near balanced? Oh yeah, and it's instant.

Then what do you think about 8 second kidney.

fear just isn't working right. there has to be a bug where it's not breaking at the right threshold because it feels like vanilla half the time. losing 100k hp during fear then another 200k during mortal coil just can't be intended.

pvp hasn't been this bad since vanilla. bugs and poor balancing have really fucked it up

i think it's interacting with absorbs in a fucked up way

Fear, blind, disorient, incapacitate, root can and will break on damage. Stuns do not. Nerf stuns instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Fear, blind, disorient, incapacitate, root can and will break on damage. Stuns do not. Nerf stuns instead.
    stun's DR is something you'll run into more than anything, even before fear.

Atleast stuns keeps you at the same spot. Fears usually drags you into a worse spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavidaloca View Post
    Atleast stuns keeps you at the same spot. Fears usually drags you into a worse spot.
    This is so true! You brought up some memories! I giggled!

I think we will see a nerf to fear where it acually breaks on any damage like polymorph does!

fear breaking on damage is a lie.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    Right cuz Ive never had pyschic scream break on the first tick of swp

Quote Originally Posted by Areox View Post
    Are we playing the same exp? MoP that is. Dont you dare say that fear breaks of one tick of SWP

Like the previous poster said, this hasn't happened since MoP launch. I've repeatedly been fear locked until my berserker rage came off cd against locks (that's a full 18 seconds with mortal coil or psychic horror thrown into the mix).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Then what do you think about 8 second kidney.
    Very op. Thats why it does not exist

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny because everytime I fight wls the lock blood fears me and the warrior and lock are both pounding on me and It doesn't break until a significant amount of damage. Usually 100k+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    Not with warrior's fear (coming from a druid who symbiosis).

Deleted
    i hate that.
    fear - 5 dots - 2 instands - chaosbolt finally breaks fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    Very op. Thats why it does not exist
    It does for combat.
    But when was the last time you saw a combat rogue in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Lavidaloca View Post
    Not to mention fear taking you to places you didn't think even existed, Porting your through the earth.

dumbest CC in the game.

because you've never had fear not break through 2 50k+ SW's?
    or a dragon roar, or a 100k heroic strike, or a chaos bolt....
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    fear just isn't working right. there has to be a bug where it's not breaking at the right threshold because it feels like vanilla half the time. losing 100k hp during fear then another 200k during mortal coil just can't be intended.

pvp hasn't been this bad since vanilla. bugs and poor balancing have really fucked it up

i think it's interacting with absorbs in a fucked up way
    the fear threshold is fine, and mortal coil is a horror which doesn't break on damage which is why it's 3 sec duration
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    the fear threshold is fine, and mortal coil is a horror which doesn't break on damage which is why it's 3 sec duration
    for the fear threshold to be balanced it would require a blanket increase on the cd for all fears in the game...