Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    OP here.

The MOD has a point, but you also touched on something else...
    I guess, games that are so bad they are just a joy to play through badness, like certain films (coming to mind; Troll 2).

I think what the mod meant was blankly saying, like a poster did "LOL SKYRIM WAS FUNNY COZ IT WAS SO BAD" when it was one of the most well received games of recent history, etc.

For example;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_sSjMr3AME

Undeniably a terrible game, but hilarious all the same.
    (but I wasn't really talking about games like that anyway. :P)
    Yeah, obviously there's a lot of games that some just hate for no reason and feel the urge to bash.

Basically anything by EA, Blizzard or Microsoft has a lot of unwarranted (as determined by professional reviewers...) hate just because of the publisher's logo on the side of the box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't really played very funny games, but I'd have to say Mass Effect series has some pretty hilarious moments. Resident Evil 4 had a good wise crack here and there too.

Deleted
    WoW, no competition even. Some people on there are just too random.

Deleted
    Giants: Citizen Kabuto is perhaps the funniest game I've ever played. Honorable mentions to Ratchet & Clank and The Curse of Monkey Island.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Age Origins probably. Alistair was pretty funny some times.

Phoenix Wright gave me some good laughs, especially the Act with the gay chef. MY EYES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Hearts 1, 2 and 3. First one had the ever fun boss fight in the women's bathroom. Joachim in the second one was probably the most consistently amusing, frozen tuna was my favorite. Frank in the 3rd one, attaching a sword hilt to a sword hilt then using it...pure win. Oh yeah DAO is always funny when talking to people while you're covered in blood not to mention "Enchanting? Enchanting!".

Quest names in WoW also do it, sometimes the actual content is very amusing as well. Hitchhiker's Guide reference in twilight highlands is one of my favorites so far. I know there are a lot more that I've missed in WoW simply because I don't even get all of the references.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    The warning was to not say it's funny because it was bad.
    Everyone has their own opinion but blatantly bashing isn't being constructive.
    Give reason to why it's funny, not why it's bad.
    Now back to the topic.

As for me, it'd be Portal 1 / 2 and Borderlands 2.
    GLADoS is just awesome and Handsome Jack is a complete random nutjob.

Edit - Now that I think about it, both of em are weird murderous nutjobs with random lines.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-11-16 at 05:29 AM.

A Bards Tale made me laugh hysterically. It was so long ago I can't even remember why. The whole game in itself was an adventure/fantasy comedy. Was for the regular Xbox, I believe.

A lot of moments in FF9 made me laugh, which is probably why it's my favorite final fantasy next to 10.

Zidane to Quina: "Is all you think about food...?"
    Garnet to Zidane: "Well all you think about is women..."
    Zidane to Garnet: "Yeah...My mind is filled with thoughts...of...you."

Deleted
    Earthbound and Mother 3 were both pretty funny. Lots of very good moments ... a shame those games are too short.

portals ending song, berret and cid cussing in FF7

10+ Year Old Account
    Skate 3. This collection of clips is just... magical... I could not stop laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaUR6u8nHoM
    Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Anyway, their egos, or "epeens" (electronic penises) aside, here are a few links that may help:

Every Mario RPG game except for perhaps Paper Mario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's blasphemy, but I've never played Portal and Portal 2, which is where a ton of popular quotes and stuff come from. Nor have I played Borderlands, but I've watched a bit, and I can see that game being hilarious.

But, personally, Grandia 2. Ryudo mostly, but there's a ton of one-liners that are just awesome.

(reading a book): "Does not Ryudo tire of this? Does not he want to put his fist through this book? May his suffering end quickly"

Millenia: "It's so..so..what's the opposite of chaotic?"

Elena: You cold, unfeeling brute!
    Ryudo: (no emotion) Geohound. Cold, unfeeling Geohound.

Elena: "Are you making fun of me?!"
    Ryudo: "No, I've been making fun of you for the past half-hour. Aren't we a little slow to notice?"

A lot of the others requires some kind of context, but it's one game that kind of rewards you for talking to random townsfolk.

Deleted
    Dragon age : origins and dragone age 2 had some good lines that could give a good laugh.

redneck rampage... because of the one liners

day of the tentacle... yes! deep in your hearth you now feel a warm glowth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Threads of Fate

*stomp* [expletive]
    *internet bro fist* and you beat me to it.

Portal games
    Borderlands
    Some MGS dialogue is pretty funny to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Team Fortress 2 cracks me up sometimes. The lines the different classes will say to each other for domination kills or other such things can be really funny. The comics on the website are also pretty great.

Orks in Warhammer: 40k make me laugh. "Dey sent a whole tank after me!"

Oh, Orks. I can hardly keep a straight face playing them.

Deleted
    For the story i'd say Hyperdimension Neptunia and Mugen Souls gave me a good laugh. Some games also give me a good laugh when it comes to gameplay, beating a data replay in KH2 Final Mix on lvl 1 critical mode is a great way to laugh for me since the fight's are hard as hell if you don't abuse loops and despite dying atleast 100 times on 1 boss i can still laugh when i take him/her down

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Shadow Hearts 1, 2 and 3. First one had the ever fun boss fight in the women's bathroom. Joachim in the second one was probably the most consistently amusing, frozen tuna was my favorite. Frank in the 3rd one, attaching a sword hilt to a sword hilt then using it...pure win.
    The running "interrogation" jokes amused me the most. Compelling Alice to mercilessly hit on Dehuai while he's torturing her, having to choose Veronica the dominatrix's victim in #2, and being strapped into a barrel by a three-foot pirate girl in #3 and pissing her off enough to eject you into the sea (and getting Frank's new weapon for it, lawl)...

Portal 2 too. Steve Merch is such a boss.