Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

What games have made you laugh the most and why?

Doing a little study, and wanted to know what video games made you all laugh. What parts, why...

For example, I have been playing a lot of the BLOPs 2 campaign recently, and while it's a (decent) game, it's not really very... light? But perhaps that is just me.

Where as, in stark contrast, some of the dialogue in Metal Gear Solid makes me laugh.
    Games don't have to be funny, but when they are, I find it makes for a more enjoyable experience.

So as odd a question as it is, what games make you laugh and why?
    Is it the pop culture references, the witty dialogue, Nathan Drake's one liners, or just generally playing any Grand Theft Auto game. (All you had to do was follow the goddamn train, CJ!)

Blood (1997 1st Person Shooter).

Lots of funny one liners (like "HEREEEEEEEEES CALEB!")

There isn't really a game that really made me laugh hard in itself.

GTA in a nut shell,

Plowing down hookers with a monster truck ^_^

The stories are usually pretty funny too

Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    Doing a little study, and wanted to know what video games made you all laugh. What parts, why...

For example, I have been playing a lot of the BLOPs 2 campaign recently, and while it's a (decent) game, it's not really very... light? But perhaps that is just me.

Where as, in stark contrast, some of the dialogue in Metal Gear Solid makes me laugh.
    Games don't have to be funny, but when they are, I find it makes for a more enjoyable experience.

So as odd a question as it is, what games make you laugh and why?
    Is it the pop culture references, the witty dialogue, Nathan Drake's one liners, or just generally playing any Grand Theft Auto game. (All you had to do was follow the goddamn train, CJ!)
    I thoroughly enjoyed SR3

I am starting The Bard's Tale on my Galaxy S3 (It is also a pc game) and so far it is entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints Row: The Third had some pretty great moments. There was a whole lot of randomness that made you turn your head and go what?? and giggle a little.

Errr Adynos beat me to it >.<
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Probably the Phoenix Wright and Metal Gear Solid games due to the dialog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steven Merchant's brilliant performance in Portal 2 lead to a good amount of laughs, I'll admit. Glados's indifferent kind of evil was awesome too.

Then Diablo 3 was a gigantic laugh/troll-fest in co-op mode. Playing late night with 3 close friends and a drop or two too much in your bloodstream when you're so undergeared you die in a few hits coupled with some epic griefing was cramp-evoking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Deleted
    Portal 1 and Portal 2, the entire game, everything's funny.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Big Rigs - Not because it's funny but because it's so hilariously bad.

WoW - all the NPCs, I have a good chuckle when I come across all the pop culture references (Klam Master Kay always sticks out in my mind, but there's plenty of others).

And as Majad said, Portal is good fun too.

Whole of the Monkey Island series is good for it, as are several Double Fine games (don't judge them just on what the ysound like btw, the Trick or Treat game is actually surprisingly fun and funny).

Portal series.

Grim Fandango.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Saints Row: The Third had some pretty great moments. There was a whole lot of randomness that made you turn your head and go what?? and giggle a little.

Errr Adynos beat me to it >.<

It is one of the few games I can actually recall that have made me laugh. The only other time I can really think of where I have laughed while gaming was due to the people I was playing with and just having a good time with them.

Edit:

I take that back, Borderlands 1 and 2 both have their funny moments where I have laughed. It is not an entire game set on the absurd such as SR3 or GTA, but it does have some good humor scattered throughout the game!

Bard's Tale
    Portal games
    Book of Unwritten Tales (seriously, check that shit out)
    Sam & Max series
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Super Mario RPG
    English translations for games like Tales of Phantasia.

They're just silly. ❤

Threads of Fate

*stomp* [expletive]

Quote Originally Posted by BoysBoysBoys View Post
    English translations for games like Tales of Phantasia.
    yeah... especially that scene on the boat to Alvanista with Arche talking in her drunken sleep xD
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Portal 1 and 2 - Dialogue is hilarious, and the characters have a lot of personality.

WoW - Recently did the quest where Riko was talking about Kiryn and Shokia going to do "girl stuff." First time WoW's made me laugh on purpose in a looooong time.
    Things was goin' good, so we decided to split up for a bit.
    Shokia an' Kiryn went off to do some girl stuff.

Shokia says: Come on, Kiryn. Let's go do girl stuff.
    The Secret World - Between the dialogue and getting scared shitless, I've done a lot of laughing.

Disgaea - The story and dialogue are really funny, and the voice acting just makes it all the better.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Threads of Fate

*stomp* [expletive]
    Haha I forgot about that game!

Probally Portal 2.

Or Team Fortress 2.

Dialogue is witty and really well done.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play a lot of comedic games, so I'll go with Mass Effect 2 just because when Mordin started singing "I am the very model of a scientist salarian" I started cracking up.
    Putin khuliyo