10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly

[BM] help with Blade Lord

I'm getting my ass kicked at Blade Lord, could you guys give me any tips for this guy please? The second round of tank switches kill me.

The biggest problem I have with this fight now is how DBM timers don't seem to function perfectly - they're usually 5-10 seconds off. But if you know that, you can usually guestimate when to pop things.

For me at least, I popped Guard or Dampen Harm before the Overwhelming Assault as best as I could, and always purged Stagger with a Purifying Brew as fast as possible after no matter how high it was. If I mistimed it, I would pop cooldowns immediately after to make up for the extra amount of damage I took. Make sure you and the other tank are swapping as soon as the debuff falls off at either 1 or 2 stacks - generally mine was just about to fall off as the other tank took their 2nd stack and I would take it afterward. I paired Avert Harm and Zen Meditation (with the ZM glyph) for the first Unseen Strike as well as during the end tornado phase.

Your other tank should taunt off right when you get the 2nd stack, DBM should alter him, or just yell on vent. I sometimes roll backwards as well to buy some time when I get the second stack, but to be honest I've never had an issue with Blade Lord at all. Are you making sure to keep your shuffle up at all times? You can also dampen harm a little after you get the first stack, his normal hits shouldn't really take a stack of it off, so you have a bit of a safety net for when you get the 2nd stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    What stats priority are you guys using? I think I have the hang of it now.

I'm def gonna be rolling now. Didn't think of using that. What would happen if I rolled back a few seconds before he does his stacking debuff? Will I buy myself time to be topped off, or will it apply even if I'm out of range?

15+ Year Old Account
    If the other tank is 2nd on threat, you can glyph Roll to drop yours immediately.

Take Strike, Roll backwards, boss turns to 2nd tank.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    If the other tank is 2nd on threat, you can glyph Roll to drop yours immediately.

Take Strike, Roll backwards, boss turns to 2nd tank.
    I actaully have to glyph roll and take the 3 Roll Charge talent in order to be able to do any damage to him when I'm offtanking anyway, or I just end up taking aggro back :P

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    I actaully have to glyph roll and take the 3 Roll Charge talent in order to be able to do any damage to him when I'm offtanking anyway, or I just end up taking aggro back :P
    Ha, good idea. And i definitely feel your pain on this.

Can you elaborate on what is killing you? Have Dampen harm up + guard as the second Overwhelming Assault lands and your health bar won't even budge - bladelord is actually a very good fight for brewmasters. Bigwigs has accurate timers for the OA if that's a problem for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    Can you elaborate on what is killing you? Have Dampen harm up + guard as the second Overwhelming Assault lands and your health bar won't even budge - bladelord is actually a very good fight for brewmasters. Bigwigs has accurate timers for the OA if that's a problem for you.
    When he has 4 stacks of Intensify and I'm about to get my 2nd Overwhelming Assault and the healers just got blown back by an Unseen Strike. It's like right after the 2nd application, I'm at 2% health or dead.

There is another thread on this. Try to avoid taking 2 stacks.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    There is another thread on this. Try to avoid taking 2 stacks.
    Wait what? You can avoid taking a 2nd stack? I did not know that. I'll have to check into that.

Another tip for that fight: on phase 2, Brewmasters can help out the healers before the gauntlet run. When everyone is stacked up before the run, pop Chi Torpedo (paired with celerity) and roll thru the group 3 times for some awesome heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Baristan View Post
    Wait what? You can avoid taking a 2nd stack? I did not know that. I'll have to check into that.

Another tip for that fight: on phase 2, Brewmasters can help out the healers before the gauntlet run. When everyone is stacked up before the run, pop Chi Torpedo (paired with celerity) and roll thru the group 3 times for some awesome heals.
    In Normal you may avoid another stack but is not guaranteed. In heroic it is. We found that out today by going over quite a few logs.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    When he has 4 stacks of Intensify and I'm about to get my 2nd Overwhelming Assault and the healers just got blown back by an Unseen Strike. It's like right after the 2nd application, I'm at 2% health or dead.
    If you're topped off and have Dampen Harm, a fresh Guard, Fortifying Brew, a PERFECTLY timed Zen Meditation, or a healer CD on you, and make sure you have 1 chi available for instant Purifying Brew, you should be fine. It's not like you need your cooldowns any other time anyway.