Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    @OP

would you feel better if you were corpsecamped by someone from your own server?

Quote Originally Posted by Necrophagist View Post
    I'm level 77 right now. I could have been 90 already. Camped from level 20 to level 77...
    There was a reason for that you couldn't transfer from the pve to pvp server earlier. Just because leveling on pvp server was harder, and trust me on vanilla's launch it was much harder than today even with CRZ.

People wished for the world pvp and got it. So just be careful what you wish for because in the end you might be getting it.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    i chose a pvp server too, because there are many good guilds and it is a crowded server. But i chose very carefully to go to a server where the faction i chose is 99% of players in that server, exactly to avoid alts being ganked. If i knew they would add CRZ, i would have chosen a pve server. Now im stuck there or have to pay to move.

It doesnt matter how many times you say 'pvp happened in a pvp server', this system IS stupid. It only makes ganking efficient. No friends, no help for quests, nothing.
    I have friends across multiple servers. I can play with them now. CRZ is great.

This system IS great. It makes my gameplay experience better. More friends, more help for quests, everything.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ sucks for more than getting ganked, we have to share rare spawns and gathering nodes. It's not like having more people around is going to be more fun. With random LFG and no group quests, it's rather pointless. If people really wanted to see more players, they could just move to a high populated server. I guess there's a lot of players that are lonely and like to gank/be ganked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    You rolled on a pvp server and knew what could happen... So don't complain that your getting ganked when its pretty common to happen
    Like everyone knew 'PvP' meant getting one-shot constantly... Hell I didn't know when I made my first char back in TBC and even then it was a lot less common than now. I'm not against WPvP, but it seems all those gankers just don't seem to have a life. When I was leveling through un'goro I have been ganked about 6-7 times by people who have no business there and everyone on the same level leaves each other alone most of the time guessing they are just chicken to attack something they might lose to. Also CRZ has it's flaws in letting the wrong people in the zone. I play on a high-pop server with a high alliance concentration, which pretty much means most of the time zones get filled with Horde, which is fine, wouldn't it be for the fact it pretty much only dumps L90s in the zone and hardly any appropriate level people.

Solution against this BS and finally have real WPvP:
    - you get scaled down to the level of the player you attacked
    - flight is disabled
    - you are locked to the realm

All the above effects should be on a 5 minute lock or something and start the moment you engage in PvP, just like flagging works.

I have been playing horde infested server since faction change came out, the PvP, the ganking etc was gone for years. CRZ is awesome, i simply smile by actually seeing an alliance player.. I never kill lowbies, or lvl 90 alliance players, unless they attack me first.

And when i get killed/ganked by alliance i still smile, because i missed it alot. If they keep killing me over and over, i either log and kill them until they stop, or i go afk/log another char. - Still smiling! (Or well, sometimes i burn thier names in my head to bring full out revenge.. but that is why its fun!)

I dont understand all the whine about CRZ. "I cant pick herbs/nods!" = Well everyone who have played on full/locked server couldnt do that since wow was released, (blame bots instead)
    And if you play on a PvP server, then get used to player vs playes combat (I know it sucks to hear, but you do play on PvP server)
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    World pvp is dead in WOTLK, only TBC and Vanilla had real ganking and corpse-camping.

Why world pvp is dead?

1)Dungeon finder exp too high = evryone leveling in dungeons instead of questing
    2)Leveling is too fast now evryone can get max lvl in few days
    3) Ghost running speed is too fast , in TBC ppl used to run in ghost form for 5mins to get resed
    4) Now evryone have tons of max level chars so he can log out if he getting camped and log another char
    5) ETC

There is tons MMORPGS with ganking and world pvp but WOW is not one of them anymore
    Last edited by Luckx; 2012-11-16 at 11:38 AM.

It is annoying how reflexive 'you got pvped on a pvp server derp' has become as a response to this. The truth is that this shouldn't justify highly obnoxious behavior. Personally I don't feel like the majority of players have any interest in playing with those who attempt to be the biggest trolls possible. Maybe Blizzard should implement an anti-trolling policy where characters engaging in obnoxious behavior are 'deported' to a server that has been designated for such players. When you get deported you are stuck there for a month, after which you can pay for your own server transfer back if you so desire.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Get on your main and kill him? Generally gankers aren't that skilled and don't know what to do while being pressured. Or you could ask them nicely to stop ganking you. Though that doesn't always work...

Something I might suggest is getting the addon called "Spy" it's a bit outdated (4.2 :S) but it still works fine. It alerts you when there is an enemy player near you. You can even blacklist people so that the addon will alert you extra for those players.

Edit: Oh and if you're being corpse ganked you could always try to CC the ganker. While there is a high chance he/she will either trinket or simply dodge your CC it has actually helped me quite some time as lowbie ^^

To be fair, most people on PvP servers did not pick a PvP server with CRZ in mind.

PvP servers pre CRZ =/ PvP servers post CRZ

Welcome to the lively open world play of WoW, where empty worlds are a thing of the absolute past.

It is a revolution in MMO land: no longer complete empty worlds after 4 months playing

WOW !!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Get on your main and kill him? Generally gankers aren't that skilled and don't know what to do while being pressured. Or you could ask them nicely to stop ganking you. Though that doesn't always work...

Something I might suggest is getting the addon called "Spy" it's a bit outdated (4.2 :S) but it still works fine. It alerts you when there is an enemy player near you. You can even blacklist people so that the addon will alert you extra for those players.

Edit: Oh and if you're being corpse ganked you could always try to CC the ganker. While there is a high chance he/she will either trinket or simply dodge your CC it has actually helped me quite some time as lowbie ^^
    you didnt even read the thread

none of these morons want to fight against other 90s
    they will pillage lowbie areas, killing all,
    when any lvl 90s show up for retaliation, the "world pvpers" change realm thru boundaries

this is pvp right?
    its a complete mess, and until changes to accommodate the red is dead camping tards are made,
    there will continue to be complaints , and crz will continue to be abused by the asbo generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    without knowing blizzard would do this in the future...
    Because that same rogue couldn't have possibly been from his server if they didn't implement CRZ?

Your fault entirely OP.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    i chose a pvp server too, because there are many good guilds and it is a crowded server. But i chose very carefully to go to a server where the faction i chose is 99% of players in that server, exactly to avoid alts being ganked. If i knew they would add CRZ, i would have chosen a pve server. Now im stuck there or have to pay to move.

It doesnt matter how many times you say 'pvp happened in a pvp server', this system IS stupid. It only makes ganking efficient. No friends, no help for quests, nothing.
    oh im sorry i didnt know pvp servers on an mmorpg means that you should be all alone and have no interaction what so ever with anybody that plays the game. Also you can level a new char on another realm if you dont want to shell out money so your not stuck you have option on how to deal with it. If you choose to play on a pvp server you knew going on there that you could and most likely be ganked or camped at some point in time, you have plenty of options to get your self away from it and if you choose none of the options, you cant complain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Welcome to the lively open world play of WoW, where empty worlds are a thing of the absolute past.

It is a revolution in MMO land: no longer complete empty worlds after 4 months playing

WOW !!!
    No one is complaining that there are other players out in the world. That is not the issue. The issue is the fact that high level players are continually disrupting the play of low levels without any fear of repercussions. I agree that it's wonderful to have a populated world, but getting repeatedly ganked by level 90's who can't PvP at their own level (or anything below it that grants honor)? Not wonderful at all.

If this carries on as it is, any possible influx of new blood on PvP servers is doubtful. Take a look at the server status page and you will realize that the only low population realms are PvP. It's a sad state of affairs when players don't see what they are doing and drive others away from playing on PvP servers without realizing that that will lead to their own realms dying a slow death.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    It doesn't matter what Blizzard planned in the future. You rolled on a PvP server, you get what you get.
    Well, though I agree with this, obviously (being on a PvP realm myself, PvP, getting ganked, camped, etc., is exactly what I expect), the problem (that I have found so far) is that there's no repercussions for gankers. Before, notable gankers and campers would get infamous and as a result kos for many people - it was a selfregulating thing. Now, the chances that I ever meet said ganker or camper again is next to zero. This leads to completely uncontrolled behaviour, much like xrealm LFD affected looting behaviour - there's no repercussions, ever.

That's my main issue with it, other than that I'm completely fine with crzs, to be honest (and yes, I leveled quite some alts since).

10+ Year Old Account
    Crz is an easily abused technology, and it is lowering the quality of the game. It should be fixed to protect lower level players from the top level players. I encountered some 90 people that only killed quest npcs and low level players, and evade if opposing 90 players come in the frame. Some people claim that you should change the questing location, but if you are a level 58-60 there is no where else to go but hellfire peninsula. What to do then, stop playing? Why should people stop playing their characters and their payed play time for Blizzard put some ridiculous technology? This is retarded to demand. There are many easy fixes to that situation. Blizzard can implement one to protect low level players. It is not about world pvp or pvp server. This is an obvious abuse. And let me tell you one more thing guys, especially to those talk about it being a pvp server and shit, pvp/pve/rp server difference belongs to 8 years old design basis of vanilla wow, where you would not have flying mounts and alternativeless leveling hubs. It was a long time ago and stuff changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Now, the chances that I ever meet said ganker or camper again is next to zero.
    Not entirely true. Cross-Realm Zones work on Battlegroups. You're likely to meet them again, but far less likely then if you were on the same realm. I do agree this might be a small issue, but that is just the way the game is now.

If you can't handle it (Not specifically you, in general) then move realm. You started on a server designed for PvP, and then complain about PvP.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    And let me tell you one more thing guys, especially to those talk about it being a pvp server and shit, pvp/pve/rp server difference belongs to 8 years old design basis of vanilla wow, where you would not have flying mounts and alternativeless leveling hubs. It was a long time ago and stuff changed.
    Fail to see why this matters. The reason this system feels out-dated is because we've not been using it for 5 - 6 years. The system works fine, and having servers defined for PvP, RP, PvE or RPPvP still work fine. What has happened though is for the first time in years, it actually matters what server you're one.

As long as Blizzard keeps up with the Cross-Realm Zones, and more PvP incentives then that is all fine.

Also, we have a lot more leveling processes then ever before. Dungeon Finder, Battlegrounds & Questing are all very different leveling processes that allow you to bypass parts of the game you don't want to interact with.
    Last edited by Hyve; 2012-11-16 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    Crz is an easily abused technology, and it is lowering the quality of the game. It should be fixed to protect lower level players from the top level players. I encountered some 90 people that only killed quest npcs and low level players, and evade if opposing 90 players come in the frame. Some people claim that you should change the questing location, but if you are a level 58-60 there is no where else to go but hellfire peninsula. What to do then, stop playing? Why should people stop playing their characters and their payed play time for Blizzard put some ridiculous technology? This is retarded to demand. There are many easy fixes to that situation. Blizzard can implement one to protect low level players. It is not about world pvp or pvp server. This is an obvious abuse. And let me tell you one more thing guys, especially to those talk about it being a pvp server and shit, pvp/pve/rp server difference belongs to 8 years old design basis of vanilla wow, where you would not have flying mounts and alternativeless leveling hubs. It was a long time ago and stuff changed.
    o.0.. I've bolded out the part that stood out, to me.

So, uhm.. What's stopping the player from doing dungeons? Dungeons are GREAT exp. And DPS queues are right around 7 to 10 minutes. (Maybe this'll make the player think, "hmm, maybe I should try a healer/tank?". The game does not end because of forced PVP.. If anything, the "Forced" PVP makes the scrub-players quit because it's "too hard" Good, we don't need players like that.

All in all, this is very avoidable. Do not roll on a PVP realm.