Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamgar View Post
    Really? Are you that thick? You pay for a service you have all the right to complain about. Blizzard could remove pvp alltogether tomorrow without prior notice. Would you say the same? What if they removed raids. Would you not complain? I mean after all, it's silly to complain about changes? I mean you did agree to it 1-8 years ago?

No I wouldn't complain at all. I am not a fan of PvP in the first place. And again you roll on a PvP server you know you stand the chance of getting ganked and corpse camped. It is no different if it people on you own realm. If they removed raiding I would stop paying since that is what I like to do. All in all this is a game that I pay to waste my time. If it no longer is fun I will move on. I feel no loyalty to continue paying for something I no longer enjoy even if I have paid for 8 straight years of it.

I didn't word my previous comment correctly though. I meant complaining about any type of PvP happening on a PvP server is silly. If you feel you are being griefed then you need to report those players for harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Its hilarious reading these threads, because you realize just how many wannabe tough guys rolled on a pvp server only to realize that they're too weak and puny to handle real pvp.

Real pvp is unfair fighting, corpse camping, and griefing all day long. If you can't handle it, QQ and go back to battlegrounds and arenas.

And Dark Portal is uber camped, true, but it takes at most 5 corpse runs to make it through the portal to outland.
    And apparently "real pvp" is ganking people 40 levels below you? Does it make you feel strong, tough guy? After all, those level 40's are too weak and puny to survive your level 90 might?

Deleted
    im leveling my monk on a pvp server, level 56 right now, and ive been ganked once. doesn't seem so bad to me so far. i deserve it, i gank all the time on my main. if i get ganked more than once i just log out to a different char for a few mins, the ganker usually gets bored then and moves on.

Everyone in this thread who's saying "you rolled on a pvp server, deal with it." Has either never had the liberty of experience players from Mal'ganis or they already play on Mal'ganis.

I can guarantee you that once you've had to interact with the 10's of thousands of shitheads who reside on Mal'ganis, you'll quickly change your stance about CRZ.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Everyone in this thread who's saying "you rolled on a pvp server, deal with it." Has either never had the liberty of experience players from Mal'ganis or they already play on Mal'ganis.

I can guarantee you that once you've had to interact with the 10's of thousands of shitheads who reside on Mal'ganis, you'll quickly change your stance about CRZ.
    It doesn't change the fact lol It's not a very hard concept here, You did roll on a PVP server REGARDLESS of what server it is. You are doomed to experience any type of griefing / Ganking for that matter.

Don't go crying about it like 2040240 threads about it already

my solution: Make old zones Cross realm only for the appropriate level bracket. (similiar to bg). So in hellfire. all 57-64 gets into cross realm zones (and not as overly populated as it is now please).
    Rest gets onto the normal "empty" home realm zone only. problem solved.

or make all zoned bracketed like that. so level 90 got a hellfire for themselfs

Deleted
    I think the point that people are missing with this is the frequence with which this now happens. Each zone now has a magic number of people that Blizzard want in at one time. So, even on a full to the brim population PvP server, such as Outland EU, if you're in Feralas, the chances of you getting ganked were slim, because 99% of people are in the level cap zones.

With CRZ, Blizzard are saying, okay we want 80 (example) people in Feralas, so we'll bung people in from all over into the same zone. Now the chances of you getting ganked are WAY higher. The prime example of this is the Blasted Lands at the Dark Portal.

Blizzard says "Blasted Lands should have 100 (example again) people in it", so now you get entire Horde guilds camping, on a fully Alliance dominated server. And there's not really much you can do about it, because if you were to go back and organise some sort of raid to take them down, there's no guarantee that when you relog to your main, you'll end up in the same version of Blasted Lands. It has royally screwed up world pvp, by making it far too constant and frequent, and level 90 dominant. Previously you would have good fun in world pvp fighting people of the same level, but now it is almost always level 90s.

If it only merged level appropriate characters, the whole system would be fine.

There's more than enough world PVP in Pandaria, even on low pop realms like Xavius, and CRZ isn't enabled for Panda zones yet.

Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    my solution: Make old zones Cross realm only for the appropriate level bracket. (similiar to bg). So in hellfire. all 57-64 gets into cross realm zones (and not as overly populated as it is now please).
    Rest gets onto the normal "empty" home realm zone only. problem solved.
    I wouldn't mind seeing the DHKs come back for players 10+ levels under you. Inverse the honor reduction so the bigger the gap the more honor you lose and if it is 25+ levels you start losing conquest. How does that sound for a solution?

Just look at CRZ for what it actually is,another half ass implemented feature, that to get away from will you guessed it "COST YOU MONEY" aka server transfer...

Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    Just look at CRZ for what it actually is,another half ass implemented feature, that to get away from will you guessed it "COST YOU MONEY" aka server transfer...
    How will transferring servers get you away from CRZs? Sounds like a half assed post.

I can't help but finding it hilarious that people complain about other people in a MMORPG. I agree spawn camping is no fun, but seriously all the whine about crz is ridiculous.

I'm torn on the subject.

On one hand, you have bads who try to justify their ganking / camping habits by throwing the "working as intended" excuse, when they and everyone else know the actual truth of things.

On the other hand, you have folks who, upon death, lose no gold, items or experience, yet still seem inclined to view the pvp in this game as something more than a minor inconvenience.

Eh, whatever. One thing is certain... if (and this is a big if) level scaling is ever brought into this game, not only would it solve a lot of problems including world gankfest, but the poutrage on the forums from folks who can no longer get away with it will be glorious to read.

Jesus, I use CRZ (real ID) to go onto PvP servers just to have fun whilst levelling. If you don't like getting killed then move server, it's not hard to use your brain instead of ruining the game for others.

Deleted
    To anyone who says "should have rolled on a PvE server then", you are idiots. That argument is completely invalid in the context of CRZ.
    I rolled on a PvP server. Having already rolled on a PvP server before my current one, knowing the drawbacks of doing so I still stayed on a PvP server.

However, I chose ONE server. I didn't roll on Kazzak, or Tarren Mill, or Blade's Edge. I rolled on Auchindoun.
    Had CRZ been available at the time when I changed servers I might have actually decided to roll on a PvE server after all, but that was not a factor that existed at the time, just like it didn't exist for other people. CRZ promotes being a douche.

I like playing on a PvP server, it has it's drawbacks at time and that can suck, but it's something you have to learn to live with and move on with your life. However, CRZ is a COMPLETELY different story to just rolling on a PvP server. Other servers have their own shit going on, why should I be forced into whatever bullshit is happening else where? It's not my problem.
    I just don't see how it's anyone's right but my own to decide how I spend my time playing a game that I pay for. Getting ganked by level 90s flying around one shotting people all the way up to level 85 is not PvP, it's not fun and I don't see why people should be allowed to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm experiencing this also on my alts. And no, I'm not willing to transfer all 8 of them into a PVE realm. Funnily enough, every corpse camper is from a different realm. Why can't they just make CRZ optional? Click of a button and you only see people from your realm and won't get phased into other realms.

I have no problems with equal level players, or even 5 levels higher. But a level 90 player one shotting me is not world pvp. It's simply grief playing.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Jesus, I use CRZ (real ID) to go onto PvP servers just to have fun whilst levelling. If you don't like getting killed then move server, it's not hard to use your brain instead of ruining the game for others.
    If your idea of fun is attacking Thrallmar and Hellfire for four to five hours at a time on level 90's in order to stop people from leveling or camping the Dark Portal for hours, I pity you. Why should anyone be able to ruin the game for others? You think complaints will ruin your game? What about the players who are being camped for hours on end? Is their fun any less important than yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why people here in this topic defend killing low level players. There is absolutely nothing good about it, if you are not a retard. I assume whoever says here "if you cant take it reroll" etc. kills low level players for griefing. %99 percent of the time i brought my main and sometimes a friend or two along, ganker just vanished. Ok, i recieved their challange, i can take it to play in a pvp server and get ganked, so i brought my character so we can world pvp or pvp or whatever shit, so why do they run? Why do they hide? Why do they fly away on their flying mounts? Somebody here that defends pvp realms being all about pvp decribe me this please. Why do you run when you see a challange? Is not pvp all about fighting with other people? Is it not red=dead? Is my main not red to you?

Or is it the obvious fact that %90 percent of the griefers are actually not pvp players, they don't (and most probably can't because of their low skill treshold) participate in normal bgs, rated bgs or arenas at all, they can't even use half their pvp related skills when confronted by a red 90, so all in all just griefing kids trying to ruin other people's gaming experiences? (They would not be out there griefing people if they would and could enjoy real fair pvp in bgs and arenas after all)

Let me make it clear for you again: I'm all on for PVP realms. I play in one for 7 years now. I have even been corpse camped for 3 ours from 2 am to 5 am once. I know what it means to be on a pvp server and what i should expect. But i have never killed quest npcs or low level players for the sake of 'fun'. I know many veteran players think like me. I also encourage low level random pvp in questing zones. A level 40 can be killed by level 42-43 enemy. That is all fine. But when you get one shotted, without any possibility to fight back, nowhere to res, nowhere else to go, that is a problem.

Someone suggested to take dungeons as a detour. I must tell you, questing is far faster if you do it right, and take dungeons only for once for their quests, between your quest hubs. That is the fastest way of leveling. And it is fucking boring as a mage to wait 15-20 mins for a hellfire ramparts just to finish it in 5 or 8 mins or so and then wait again for another half an hour. Dont play the smart ass, this is obviously a problem. As a side note, i leveled my new monk from 1 to 85 totally in dungeons, i was a tank, and it was fucking boring even with the constant %50 xp buff you get plus full heirlooms.

So i can't imagine what a totally fresh player with no heirlooms and no game experience would do against the impossible odds griefers force on. It is not so hard to accept the fact that CRZ can be fixed easily and it should be done so to protect low level players.
    Last edited by Mengucekli; 2012-11-16 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Labruja View Post
    If your idea of fun is attacking Thrallmar and Hellfire for four to five hours at a time on level 90's in order to stop people from leveling or camping the Dark Portal for hours, I pity you. Why should anyone be able to ruin the game for others? You think complaints will ruin your game? What about the players who are being camped for hours on end? Is their fun any less important than yours?
    Have 11 pages of this thread not explained it to you by now? Because people consented to have their fun ruined by higher levels / superior numbers / more skilled players in open world pvp by rolling on a PvP server. Because people who don't find it fun to have to always be on a lookout for danger (whether from even level players, or much higher level players) should stick to carebear servers.

That's all there is to it, period.

The only thing that needs to happen is a grappling hook added to the game, or flying mounts removed (fat chance), to remove ganker's invulnerability from reprisal when a group comes after him.

So i can't imagine what a totally fresh player with no heirlooms and no game experience would do against the impossible odds griefers force on.
    A totally fresh player should not be on a PvP server if he doesn't have the stomach for it. So simple it hurts.
    Last edited by Ashnazg; 2012-11-16 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    I dislike the concept of ganking, thus i play on a PVE server.
    Really, I don't understand why you play on a PVP server if you dislike world pvp, which is in its essence unfair and very prone to griefing most of the times.
    Last edited by mmoc785ca38ad1; 2012-11-16 at 01:51 PM.

I really enjoy lvl90s camping low levels. It gives me a chance to do some world PVP with my own 90 to defend to weaks