Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    I doubt this will be possible on the scale of players we're talking about, you are likely to not meet that player anymore and he will be "unpunished".
    So what?

The "social price" has NEVER stopped ganking. It has always been part of the game. There was often no "justice" and no way to get back at a player even before CRZ.

The only real way to combat PK'ing is to meet it with superior force or skill, and that's what you accept when you roll on a PvP server. If you can't take him on there and then, res at the spirit healer. Or log to an alt. Call some buddies. What you don't do is lie there for 2 hours accepting the situation.

Nothing to do with CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Wow...fifteen pages of people arguing about the same thing they've been arguing about in every other thread that's been made on this issue. Impressive.

That being said, I don't agree with CRZ and haven't since they implemented it. I sincerely doubt that the people who thus yell "Go roll on a pve server!" as the sole response to anyone who complains about CRZ on their pvp server have yet tried to level a new character since it came out.

Yes, I play on a PvP server, and yes, I don't like CRZ. I also rolled a fresh monk a few weeks after the expansion launched and have experienced everything people have talked about. In the lower zones, while trying to quest I was met with tons of people of my own faction and the inability to even find quest mobs to kill or nodes to level since they were all already taken. As I went on, I found several zones that were camped non-stop by 90s of the opposite faction...flying around on their flying mounts dropping down out of the sky to one shot level 30s or level 60s over and over. I will never grasp the reasoning behind this. If you're 90 in full pvp gear, why exactly are you hanging out in a lowbie area for hours just to one shot people that can't defend themselves?

All in all, it's not a simple case to just tell people "Go roll a pve server". I've played on both sides of my extremely low population, faction extremely unbalanced server since I started playing the game six years ago. When I rolled on the server it was pretty balanced and a decent population...and as I've leveled more and more characters there over the years in relative peace, and found friends and guilds that I like to play with, I've stayed. Now leveling has been tossed into chaos because CRZ was brought into the mix.

Someone doesn't like CRZ and your solution to them is nothing more than "Ha! You don't like it? Go leave your guild, all your friends, all your characters and the server you've been on since nearly the start of the game and play pve!" If you're one of the gankers, you probably don't realize it but that's what you're making the people you're camping have to go do anyways...instead of questing they're forced to level mostly in dungeons. From the sounds of it, pve server CRZ wouldn't help the issue anyways since everyone is always fighting over nodes and quest mobs.

I kind of doubt this feature will stop being a point of contention amongst players for quite some time.
    tbh i completely agree with this i started playing in late be was i was ganked same in woltk, that was fine BUT I WAS NEVER CORPSE CAMPED TILL I DECIDED TO TRY PLAYING A MONK WHEN MOP STARTED 5 90's ganking anything half their lvl that move and then goes to hide when ever a toon the same lvl as them appears isn't pvp in anyway what so every and yes i am on a pvp serve,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    He said that he's used to, and okay with being ganked. But he can't respawn at all.
    Are you saying that it's his fault for this rogue to be camping him for 2 hours?
    Blizzard used to temporarily ban players for doing that, but now they don't do a damn thing. I don't really mind CRZ, but that's because I play on a PvE server. All too often I see people complaining of CRZ making them get ganked for hours.

I just fail to see how that's fair. PvP server or not.
    Yes, it is exactly his fault. You can't "get" ganked for hours unless you choose to play to the enemy's advantage.

Call some friends. If you don't have any, make some. Res at the spirit healer. Or, you know, re-roll on a PvE server.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    There is an EXTREMELY easy fix to this.

Get a realid/battle tag friend on a PVE server, have them invite you. Wham, your on a PVE server, enjoy
    This is the best suggestion i've seen, yet instead of searching for a proper way around this people just choose to come here, say as many expletives as they can, and just rage about how PvP happens on a PvP server :S

Also, buy some potions of invisibility off the AH, they help if you ress and pop one you can make it abit further away at least

10+ Year Old Account
    the posts in this topic really makes me realise just how fucking shitty the wow community has gotten

All of you guys are fucking retarded. This is not a pvp issue. That is camping/harrassment etc. which goes against ToS. OP, dont listen to these morons and report any player camping spawn areas.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-16 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of you guys are fucking retarded. This is not a pvp issue. That is camping/harrassment etc. which goes against ToS. OP, dont listen to these morons and report any player camping spawn areas.
    Ganking is not actionable on PvP Servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pse7en View Post
    Some guy came into the supermarket today and kept slapping me in the face. I just made a complaint to the store owner because it must be against their ToS.

All my friends just stood by and watched, and I didn't leave the store. Just stood there for 2 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    So what?

The "social price" has NEVER stopped ganking. It has always been part of the game. There was often no "justice" and no way to get back at a player even before CRZ.

The only real way to combat PK'ing is to meet it with superior force or skill, and that's what you accept when you roll on a PvP server. If you can't take him on there and then, res at the spirit healer. Or log to an alt. Call some buddies. What you don't do is lie there for 2 hours accepting the situation.

Nothing to do with CRZ.
    Yes, social price used to be part of the game, but now it is gone. I don't know about your experience but in mine campers quickly became KoS for everyone, it effectively worked to make them think twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Group with someone on a PvE server, as long as they are the leader - and you dont group with more PvP players than PvE, you will be able to enjoy leveling worry-free.
    The problem is that not everyone has friends on PvE servers.

In any case, my biggest gripe with CRZ is the sharing of resources. It really annoys me going for a node and seeing like five people from different servers go for it as well. And also, it makes things like Crucible of Carnage VERY annoying. I went there yesterday to try to do it, but there were three full groups of alliance players there (all of them from different servers) trying to do the quests, and any time I would try, the 90s would come down and kill me.

My OTHER problem with CRZ is the dismounting issue. This is making two-seater mounts very annoyingly useless, as when I would try to bring someone somewhere, I'm constantly plagued by CRZ phasing dismounting them. Personally, I just feel that CRZ has done more harm than help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    the posts in this topic really makes me realise just how fucking shitty the wow community has gotten
    And your contribution has clearly improved the WoW community. Sincerely, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Group with someone on a PvE server, as long as they are the leader - and you dont group with more PvP players than PvE, you will be able to enjoy leveling worry-free.
    I didn't know about this...what happens to the PvE player if they are not the leader?
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Basically the problem with CRZ is the problem with cross realm dungeons. People are assholes in this game and Blizzard didn't really take into account how many asshats pay 15 a month to be asshats.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it doesn't, Please read the ToS before claiming you know it It IS a PvP issue, he is moaning about PvP, because he rolled on a PvP realm, He has ways to sort this out, Reporting people killing him is just a waste of GM time, and will just lead to more threads with people moaning about the GM response time

Also, Not sure why you posted so aggressively, did it make you feel like a big boy? Yeh, now you know why people gank for hours, for that feeling, GJ on joining the club

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 05:23 PM ----------

I didn't know about this...what happens to the PvE player if they are not the leader?
    What? Well obviously if you invite them then you pull them to your realm, Hence why he said "as long as they are the leader" lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrophagist View Post
    I play on a PVP server, so I'm used to getting ganked and ganking others. However, after CRZ zones were introduced, all that's happening is that I and others are getting respawn camped by a bunch of level 90 shitheads.

I'm level 77 right now. I could have been 90 already. Camped from level 20 to level 77...

I have spent the last 2 hours being spawn camped. I literally cannot respawn without being one shot by this cunt rogue who has been here for fucking two hours.

Seriously, I can't blame the kids who are botting their way to 90. Don't blame them at all. This isn't fun.
    You rolled a toon on a type of server which encourages players annihilating players. That is the issue far more than CRZ, sorry.

Deleted
    Just get away from the cesspool of infantile behaviour that are "PvP" servers (quite funny, I dare say, that there's almost no actual PvP on a "PvP" server because it might involve one losing and dying, the horrors!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post

What? Well obviously if you invite them then you pull them to your realm, Hence why he said "as long as they are the leader" lol
    What I meant is, will they get flagged for PvP?

...lol <_<

10+ Year Old Account
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...p-realm-policy

This thread is brilliant, thanks OP.

Ot: Ganking is fine in Blizzard's eyes, therefore it's okay, whether you like it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I meant is, will they get flagged for PvP?

...lol <_<
    Huh? Sorry you're confusing me here If a friend on a Pve server invites you, you will go to the PvE realm, and won't be flagged unless you flag yourself, And they ofcourse will stay as they are, unflagged, But if you on PvP server invite them, then they will go to your realm, with PvP rules, so ofcourse they would get flagged It's basically just changing the realm rules, Which is why people use it to avoid this ganking