Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Here's the problem. No one's saying that the level 90 kid corpse camping level 30s is the paragon of PvP. No one is saying it's anything but griefing.

Two points:

1) Griefing is not against ToS, and is specifically noted to NOT be harassment under the ToS as long as exploits or hacks aren't used.

2) In the old days, we dealt with griefers. How, you say? We formed communities of people who had our backs. Back in a day of limited portals, long flight paths, slow, expensive, non-flying mounts, I could get a group of 20 people to my location within 20 minutes to have my back if someone was griefing me and corpse-camping my alt. While I am not a griefer myself, I sometimes think Blizz's mindset (or hope, maybe) is that it organically forms communities to deal with trolls. At best, you can accuse Blizzard of naivete in that regard, but from various forums I visit, it is a way of forming community - arising from a communal struggle against, for lack of a better word, trolls. Hell, it worked in the Wild West.

One last point, directed solely at the poster named Kevyne above me:

Your sig seems to illustrate one thing, and one thing only. You are unreasonably and irrationally critical of WoW. You've quoted a USER MADE REVIEW of Cataclysm as some sort of proof of Cataclysm's flaws. Have you read this review? His points are silly at best. I'd not be surprised if it was your own review. Also, Blizzard is generally fair in re: forum policing - much more fair than, say, GW2 or SWTOR ever was. If they deleted 6.1k of your posts, it's because you're a disruptive troll. And it seems like you've taken the same tack on this website - 2k posts in less than a year at MMO, that's impressive.

Deleted
    CRZ is the best thing I've seen the latest year in WoW. Areas come to life, the exitement is in the air and best of all, I can play with my buddy on another realm. We are leveling together and having FUN.

Thanks Blizzard for this opportunity!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I guess you don't know this guy yet.

Every constructive post about cross realm play is buried within seconds by a non meangless post by him just to burry the usueful and constructive thoughts about CRZ.
    No, more balance reporting on WoW than from someone who wants to be Blizzard's mouthpiece.

Even Blizzard is smarter to pull back from THAT much fanboism. It's not healthy to the game.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

The problem here is what people have gotten used to

1. Op has gotten used to the idea the world is dead, the place is a barren wasteland, I can do my professions and my leveling in peace, even though i'm on a server that is pvp enabled the entire time.

2. CRZ is introduced, suddenly the world has ALOT more players per zone in it

3. Op cries cause he got PVPed on a PVP server by someone higher than him

Now, I dont condone the idea of griefing and yes, thats what is happening, a lvl 90 player griefing a lvl 77 player is griefing, for gods sake people he's 13 levels higher, and in gear 2 expansions ahead of the ops level! He just sneezes and the op dies, that is NOT fair.

Now I do however have to side with the board. You rolled on PVP server, this shit happens, It happened to me for 5 years on Kil'jaeden until I had to switch servers to continue raiding and I had to go to a PVE server. I used to guild hop the entire time on KJ to stay on the PVP server cause I loved the risk, but sadly i had to leave. I went back during cata and the world was dead.....everyone sat in SW or Org and nothing happened. CRZ brought people back in the world, but everyone is currently busy doing dailys in Pandaria and those who are not are just kids wanting to smack lowbies with their shiny new dagger. Sorry to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    One last point, directed solely at the poster named Kevyne above me:

Your sig seems to illustrate one thing, and one thing only. You are unreasonably and irrationally critical of WoW.
    Never become an artist, because you'd never handle the critiques. Mine are t-a-m-e in comparison.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    On pve servers the NPCs are camped instead, so you can't accept quests or turn any in. So, the situation is similar to what OP experiences on pvp realm, inability to level properly.

It's not about "well, it's pvp server!" response to OP, the issue is griefers.

The solution should be penalties. If u kill a gray level player, you get dishonor and a debuff that stacks to 10. Once you reach 10, you get crazy amount of dishonor so in short time you will loose all your honor, hell you will get minus honor so next time you want to buy something with honor, you won't even start from zero
    The same should be done on gray level NPC's to prevent griefing as well, instead for dishonor, they loose Justice Points, yes I said it, JP you will loose, and once debuff stacks to 10, YOU WILL LOOSE VALOR POINTS!
    Oh, the horror!!! PvP players forced to fight similar lvl players for fairness! Omg let the qq begin by loosers that can't kill anyone their own level.

I play on PvE and I totally HATE CRZ!!! If they don't fix it until my AP runs out (next year march) I'm never ever gonna sub again to that crap of game. Seriously, they have destroyed my pleasure gaming experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    On pve servers the NPCs are camped instead, so you can't accept quests or turn any in. So, the situation is similar to what OP experiences on pvp realm, inability to level properly.

It's not about "well, it's pvp server!" response to OP, the issue is griefers.

The solution should be penalties. If u kill a gray level player, you get dishonor and a debuff that stacks to 10. Once you reach 10, you get crazy amount of dishonor so in short time you will loose all your honor, hell you will get minus honor so next time you want to buy something with honor, you won't even start from zero
    The same should be done on gray level NPC's to prevent griefing as well, instead for dishonor, they loose Justice Points, yes I said it, JP you will loose, and once debuff stacks to 10, YOU WILL LOOSE VALOR POINTS!
    Oh, the horror!!! PvP players forced to fight similar lvl players for fairness! Omg let the qq begin by loosers that can't kill anyone their own level.
    There isnt a solution to a problem that does not exist. If you roll on a pvp server, expect to get ganked and stop crying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    There isnt a solution to a problem that does not exist. If you roll on a pvp server, expect to get ganked and stop crying.
    Why are you here? There's some low levels in STV you can show your "skills"

gotta love MMO-champ. This thread is staying open for ages, and whenever someone else says fuck or trolls (like this) it's closed instantly. <3

On topic:

PVP on a pvp server, nowai! What unexpected!

And for the PVE people, not willing to shock you, it's an MMO
    MASSIVE
    MULTIPLAYER

So you are meant to be with other people in questzones, don't like that? Cya!

Why are you here? There's some low levels in STV you can show your "skills"
    I dont play on pvp servers. Getting ganked and camped is part of a pvp server, so if you dont like it, dont roll on one.

Deleted
    I dont play on pvp servers. Getting ganked and camped is part of a pvp server, so if you dont like it, dont roll on one.
    I see you got nothing to say on pve realm griefing on npcs. In WHAT WAY would the solutions I offered hinder your experience of wow? Are you whining for the sake of whining? Got any more one-liners you can throw in?

Deleted
    No one plays on a pvp server any more. Individual servers died the day CRZ was released.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    gotta love MMO-champ. This thread is staying open for ages, and whenever someone else says fuck or trolls (like this) it's closed instantly. <3

On topic:

PVP on a pvp server, nowai! What unexpected!

And for the PVE people, not willing to shock you, it's an MMO
    MASSIVE
    MULTIPLAYER

So you are meant to be with other people in questzones, don't like that? Cya!
    it is also an RPG. ROLE. PLAYING. GAME. do you role-play? because if you dont, you arent following the rules of the game are you? i see your cya and raise you a fare-thee-well.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I see you got nothing to say on pve realm griefing on npcs. In WHAT WAY would the solutions I offered hinder your experience of wow? Are you whining for the sake of whining? Got any more one-liners you can throw in?
    I have yet to notice this problem on a pve server.

Nah... nah... nah... time for some old guy wisdom cause this "You rolled on a PvP server..." line is over-used and is the lamest excuse I've ever seen from the WoW Community.

I started out as a beta tester for Ultima Online which holds the title as the most severe, cruel PvP / open world system in MMO History -- I've broken into peoples houses and looted them clean, made tons of gold from items people died for etc. If you stepped one foot outside of a guard zone, it was open season on you and anything in your backpack and your clothes ... even your shoes. This "You rolled on a PvP server..." has to be the lamest excuse I've ever seen because you, by its very nature, have rolled on a Player vs. Player not a Player vs. Insanely Underpowered Weakling Who Has No Hope of Even Hitting Me.

Stop hiding behind your childish and INSANELY wimpy motto of it being a "PvP server", man up and pick on people your own level because us old UO Players pretty much laugh and spit on your "extreme, hardcore" wow servers where you get to keep your entire outfit AND backpack and lose nothing when you die -- you guys are the wimps, trust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    People complain theres no world pvp,

blizz introduce CRZ to help encourage pvp

Pvp happens,

You complain to get CRZ removed

You need to be shot seriously,

whether your like it or not ganking is part of world pvp, and the way huge zones battles used to happen would start that way, and slowly people pulling in friends to come help them and it would escalate from there
    They could have done it even better, remove all forms of que-systems and abolish arena, this would also mean the social aspects was returned so it could truly be an mmo again with the added side effect of realm populations dealing with grievers n' ninja's the only real way.., clocking them from group content (most of the time)
    Considering how faceroll everything is becoming the I don't have time card is effectively gone!

Not that I don't like CRZ since I do, I just feel it's another band aid as they've done with countless "features" just so some 4eye could cry evolution baby.., it seems new features are preferred simply for the sake of being new no matter how shoddy it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    Nah... nah... nah... time for some old guy wisdom cause this "You rolled on a PvP server..." line is over-used and is the lamest excuse I've ever seen from the WoW Community.

I started out as a beta tester for Ultima Online which holds the title as the most severe, cruel PvP / open world system in MMO History -- I've broken into peoples houses and looted them clean, made tons of gold from items people died for etc. If you stepped one foot outside of a guard zone, it was open season on you and anything in your backpack and your clothes ... even your shoes. This "You rolled on a PvP server..." has to be the lamest excuse I've ever seen because you, by its very nature, have rolled on a Player vs. Player not a Player vs. Insanely Underpowered Weakling Who Has No Hope of Even Hitting Me.

Stop hiding behind your childish and INSANELY wimpy motto of it being a "PvP server", man up and pick on people your own level because us old UO Players pretty much laugh and spit on your "extreme, hardcore" wow servers where you get to keep your entire outfit AND backpack and lose nothing when you die -- you guys are the wimps, trust me.
    Where's the "old guy wisdom" in your post?- all I read is ignorance.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-11-18 at 02:31 PM.

why do you level by doing quests? .. its worthless, ive gone from 1-85 in a couple days just by doing instances

Go play on PvE server or stop whining.

I never understood the qq about being ganked on a pvp server....Seriously, how much % of our fights are true honorable fights?

There's always a factor that will imbalance things (i.e.: being outnumbered, being ganked by someone with pvp gear while your doing your daily quests in pve gear, surprise attack, etc.) It's human nature trying to get some advantage and win by any costs...so you won't see someone from oposing faction warn you hes going to engage in combat...when you choose a pvp server your basically taking this full package of (unfair) combat...