Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    YEah , ganking people low level stucked in the loading screen at the Dark Portal . Fking pathetic .

Go beat old men and childrens in park . Is the same .
    /spit
    How out of touch with reality are you?

Comparing being killed in a VIDEO GAME with assaulting children and the elderly? WTF is wrong with you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumsnut View Post
    Okay, I understand your point with the loading delays, not something I've experienced myself, but yeah, that's a problem, atleast if it occurs for a lot of players. Dark portal is just a graveyard, both Honor hold and Thrallmar are constant combat zones.
    I don't see that as problems because, well, it's stuff happening in the world from both horde and alliance, I find it fun to go help raid towns with 10 other people and I know lots of others do too.
    Sure, there are things that is negative with CRZ, like loading times and getting ganked before even knowing what happens, but I am sure the positive outweights the negative here.
    I'm not convinced at all the good outweighs the bad here. I'm all for friends on different realms able to quest together (even raid IMO, viraly forfeiting ANY realm first related achievements in the process for 60 days though; unrealistic unfortunately). That's the way it works in Pandaria. But other than that it is old, irrelevant content. CRZ just serves to live up a nostalgia purpose here. IMO same with the world bosses (tag sharing etc, yawn). If you don't get that nostalgia feeling, where is the fun for you then? For me, leveling is a plain grind (after all I got every class to 85 in Cata) so anything which slows down such grind would piss me off. I have nothing to search in the non-Pandaria world though except for pet battles.

Well, sure, I haven't played GW2, so I can't say much about that compared to WoW.
    But when I, for example, play through Pandaria, when I did dailies in vale of blossom to get the epic recipes for my tailoring to use my imperial silks and when I start getting new gear for current arena season, I really don't see the things I do as tedious grinds because I enjoy the game, the PvP while doing it, the progression I make and I don't think I would even play it if I just saw it as a boring grind wich I understand a lot of people do.
    And I have a blast when done and going into the arenas with my friends.
    GW2 stimulates the player to explore and work together with other nearby players instead of competing with them directly.

I'm OK with doing daily grind on 1 char but doing on multiple sucks. Running around on your alt in Pandaria without PvP gear is asking for trouble. If you want to get recipes though you'll have to do the grind. But at least its all realmies, and you can use your connections on realm to start a PvP war. I'm good with that, even around Ring of Blood when it was current content.

On old content and x-realm I just don't see the purpose. Who has the most friends on their realm or what? Fighting anonymous against a bunch of other folks you'll never meet again? Piss off some random fellows who are leveling? You know what this resembles? Cyber bullying, anonymous behind your screen like a true hero. It only takes 1 bully on your battlegroup, and there's a lot more on the battlegroup than on the realm so statistically people are getting more ganked since it only takes 1 GCD to kill a low level you can't speak of effort.

I find it lame. I'm up for world PvP, but pick someone of your own size. If everyone had equal PvP gear we'd see a lot of those so-called PvP players outskilled by players who currently have no chance due to not having PvP gear because they can't be bothered to grind. I know the result of the grind is part of the reward, but don't give me bullshit the game is more skill-based as-is because the grind lowers that except if all did participate in the grind (like in say high end arena, or normalization such as arena pass).

Farming BGs isn't my cup either. People are plain dumb or bots, it has the same anonymity problem LFD and LFR has, and simply not enough teamplay for my liking. Since I don't like arena (esp w/o gear, do like RBG but have no team, no gear, won't join a PvP guild) the only purpose of grinding PvP gear would be arena for the purpose of world PvP. It makes no sense! Wanna know what I dislike most of BGs above all? The utterly childish and rude /bg chat making me feel like an old timer! But I understand why such happens: the anonymity. There's no check 'n balance because of the lack of realm culture. I remember at least that the battlegroups resembled some kind of realm culture and that was really a lot (too much maybe already, but less of anonymity than now as its a relative term) but then they decided to make the BGs even more spread out, even x-language. I play with Germans, French, Italians who communicate their cooldowns in their own language using RSA. I don't understand your language, and don't want to either.

One thing I give you though. Instead of running around in world (non-Pandaria) in my raiding gear I could run around in a PvP crafted set increasing my resi and PvP power. Because I'm not doing any PvE there except for pet battles which doesn't scale with PvE gear. I'm pretty sure though that by now this set is so out of date, 1v1 I'd still have little to no chance versus a half competent PvP player who did play the grind game to get a full honor set (or more likely: has quite some purple PvP gear by now).

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    How out of touch with reality are you?

Comparing being killed in a VIDEO GAME with assaulting children and the elderly? WTF is wrong with you?
    He is somewhat right. By killing lowbies you do nothing else but waste their time and nerves. Time and nerves are something you can't really recover. But hey, if you are one of those PvP "heroes", you will never understand this.

I feel bad for people being corpse camped in on a PVP server.... but i feel nothing for people who are corpse camped and complain about it.

I thought this thread was going to be about the random phasing problems with CRZ not about a problem that has nothing to do with CRZ...
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn View Post
    I feel bad for people being corpse camped in on a PVP server.... but i feel nothing for people who are corpse camped and complain about it.

I thought this thread was going to be about the random phasing problems with CRZ not about a problem that has nothing to do with CRZ...
    That's the one problem I had when I read the OP... I hate CRZ as much as the next, but I'm a PVE player. PVP players complaining about severe ganking on a PVP server due to it just seems to cheapen the real problem for us majority on Normal servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    He is somewhat right. By killing lowbies you do nothing else but waste their time and nerves. Time and nerves are something you can't really recover. But hey, if you are one of those PvP "heroes", you will never understand this.
    He isn't right at all. It's a PvP server, that's all there is to it. If I'm Horde, and I see an Alliance player, I'm going to kill him. I don't care what level he is, and if he doesn't like it, he should've rolled on a PvE server. It's part of the game for a reason, and should be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    What I was trying to get across is that the realm types still exist, which you claimed they didn't by saying all realms are the same...

And yes, indivudial servers still exist, just head into Stormwind/Orgrimmar or Pandaria. And the merging of servers in this way is not a bad thing, it's an incredibly good thing that will make sure that zones don't ever die out and always feel populated! If they can work on this further and share Auction House and the like then the closing of servers won't ever be necessary, low populated realms will no longer be low populated because all servers merge together into one huge server.

This, is a good thing.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 04:02 PM ----------

I love it when people make up numbers like this... Tell me, what did you base the 95 % of the playerbase on? Did you make some sort of poll? Because if it's only from personal experience of the people you've met I can tell you that's really sodding exceptional for you since I have had the opposite experience and mostly met people who love CRZ.

Only Blizzard has the real numbers of how many likes it or dislikes it, and I can tell you for a fact that if 95 % of the playerbase hated it they would have reversed it immediately.
    sorry for the late reply. but all the same. CRZ is stupid. if i was so desperate to meet people in WoW id simply play on a high pop server (oh wait i did that)
    if i wanted to get ****ed 3x by some random lvl 90 ganking scrub.. i could just fly to stormwind and look for alliance to get killed by...there doesnt need to be CRZ to find people in the world.. unless you come from some low pop server with 10 people on the entire realm.. then i guess CRZ would seem more appealing.

why exactly do i care if i see people in a zone or not? is it spose to make me feel special? over 10m people play wow, does that mean we should link all realms together so u can have a 5m/5m pvp battle going? maybe thats a good idea

id refer to the number of complaints since CRZ was introduced on blizz forums.. if people did appreciate it.. well tell them to call a doctor and remove those brain tumors asap cause they aint right in the head. here are the problems in CRZ that people keep ignoring.
    1. herbs/mineral spawn nodes may be the same, but the population is not. blizz should have either phased herbs to realms or instead buffed the spawn rate.
    2. same thing with rares
    3. why exactly did i want to see more people competing against me for quest mobs? is that normal to enjoy suffering?
    4. ganking.. i dont call world pvp lvl 23 vs 90.. id call that pathetic.. even for PVE zones i dont think people actually enjoy seeing the opposite faction taking their mobs

id conclude that you either work for blizzard.. or are just ... really sociable to put it lightly.. id suggest you join a guild with some people if you are so desperate for communication. for the rest of the people in high pop servers.. we see each other all the time so i guess its nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    He isn't right at all. It's a PvP server, that's all there is to it. If I'm Horde, and I see an Alliance player, I'm going to kill him. I don't care what level he is, and if he doesn't like it, he should've rolled on a PvE server. It's part of the game for a reason, and should be expected.
    just for a laugh ill compare a similar analogy like boxing. Everyone knows of Muhammad Ali right? how do you think he got good at boxing? perhaps he spent his days beating up teenagers? no because it wasnt worth his time. lvl 90s would fight other 90s at the same lvl if they wanted to improve.
    Last edited by casually; 2012-11-20 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    sorry for the late reply. but all the same. CRZ is stupid. if i was so desperate to meet people in WoW id simply play on a high pop server (oh wait i did that)
    if i wanted to get ****ed 3x by some random lvl 90 ganking scrub.. i could just fly to stormwind and look for alliance to get killed by...there doesnt need to be CRZ to find people in the world.. unless you come from some low pop server with 10 people on the entire realm.. then i guess CRZ would seem more appealing.

why exactly do i care if i see people in a zone or not? is it spose to make me feel special? over 10m people play wow, does that mean we should link all realms together so u can have a 5m/5m pvp battle going? maybe thats a good idea

id refer to the number of complaints since CRZ was introduced on blizz forums.. if people did appreciate it.. well tell them to call a doctor and remove those brain tumors asap cause they aint right in the head. here are the problems in CRZ that people keep ignoring.
    1. herbs/mineral spawn nodes may be the same, but the population is not. blizz should have either phased herbs to realms or instead buffed the spawn rate.
    2. same thing with rares
    3. why exactly did i want to see more people competing against me for quest mobs? is that normal to enjoy suffering?
    4. ganking.. i dont call world pvp lvl 23 vs 90.. id call that pathetic.. even for PVE zones i dont think people actually enjoy seeing the opposite faction taking their mobs

id conclude that you either work for blizzard.. or are just ... really sociable to put it lightly.. id suggest you join a guild with some people if you are so desperate for communication. for the rest of the people in high pop servers.. we see each other all the time so i guess its nothing special.

But all of these complaints boil down to "PvP happened on a PvP server."

Broken game design is broken, always has been, and shall not be fixed until per zone level scaling is put in place (if ever).

That will not only do quite a bit to alleviate this problem, but also send no-skillers running to the forums complaining that they can't enjoy the game the way they used to.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 08:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    It isn't about improving. It's about destroying the opposing faction.
    You realize that you aren't *destroying* anything, right?

i see all these bad analogies...

a better one would be:
    You're a british officer during ww2 and are assigned to protect a french city - you see a german soldier walk by you looting a house - you notice he is just a lowly private, only has a pistol... you determine he isn't a threat and just leave him cause you wont gain honor by killing him.... does that make sense? its a war, you're british soldier, you see a german soldier, you shoot.
    It's just a game.

a better one would be:
    You're a british officer during ww2 and are assigned to protect a french city - you see a german soldier walk by you looting a house - you notice he is just a lowly private, only has a pistol... you determine he isn't a threat and just leave him cause you wont gain honor by killing him.... does that make sense? its a war, you're british soldier, you see a german soldier, you shoot.
    LOL thats completely different. a lowly private with a gun.. STILL has a gun.. that means if he can shoot you, he can instantly kill you the same way as you could kill him with a gun. thus that makes you both on equal ground.. remind me where theres an instant kill button for a lvl 32 vs 90? i guarantee you the lvl 32 doesnt have a gun.

the real point to this story is. bottom feeding scrubs aka pvp heros became way worse ever since CRZ was introduced.. wow was fine before CRZ happened and now its retarded. new people joining wow arent sure if pvp servers are for them, but more importantly.. they wont be able to lvl fast and adapt. did you lvl fast when you started the game? no? how about keybinding or getting used to using over 20 different abilities for a pvp situation should one occur while you are new? CRZ is slowly destroying the game from the inside out. atm i dont care but the majority of people ive talked to dont feel too strongly against the massive imbalance that some servers are forced to deal with. plus enlisting people to help from general chat or even guilds is lol.. all you'll find is trolls in general so good luck with that.
    Last edited by casually; 2012-11-20 at 02:01 PM.

a better one would be:
    Why would you point out bad analogies, and then make one yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Why would you point out bad analogies, and then make one yourself?
    I felt like joining in on the fun.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooindathor View Post
    What people did in the old days(which had a lot more ganking): X(lvl 30) gets killed by Y(lvl 60). X calls Z(lvl 60), Z kills Y. Y calls Y2, Y3, Y4. Z calls his friends. ----> World PvP War.

WOHOHOHO WHAT EVERYONE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!! YEAH

Except when people gank some one, and he calls in "reinforcements" the guy ganking flies away because he's a pussy like every one who ganks low levels, gankers can't handle a 1 on 1 with a equally geared person because their skill set for doing PvP is so so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
    Kind of how it worked when most of us were originally leveling when the content was new. Sorry you don't get the welfare free ride to easy mats anymore.
    Well originally when we first step foot into NR we couldn't fly till level 77....so that sort of even it out now didn't it..trying for herbs or mines ...now didn't it....lol....you try to level up Mining out in Hellfire looking for Fel Iron.....I tried on my low level warrior it was a nightmare.....I had to bring in my big gun Hunter that is a miner with 310 speed to be able to get enough Fel Iron for my low level warrior.

The biggest reason CRZ is extremely dumb is the fact that rare spawns are now impossible to kill unless you get extremely lucky. Other then that I have no beef with them, yes over time the rare spawns (hopefully) will stop being camped. I have needed 2 more for an achievement that should have taken me a week, yet when the mobs do spawn in the zones they are killed in less then 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Except when people gank some one, and he calls in "reinforcements" the guy ganking flies away because he's a pussy like every one who ganks low levels, gankers can't handle a 1 on 1 with a equally geared person because their skill set for doing PvP is so so bad.
    haha 100% agree. Every time someone camps my alt druid I try to log on my lvl 90 and kill them, but like you said they are pussies and just sit in the air. They really need a way for lvl 90s to dismount other lvl 90s. I miss the day when people camped my alts, so I would log on my main and camp their main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    haha 100% agree. Every time someone camps my alt druid I try to log on my lvl 90 and kill them, but like you said they are pussies and just sit in the air. They really need a way for lvl 90s to dismount other lvl 90s. I miss the day when people camped my alts, so I would log on my main and camp their main.
    And what does the poor sob that doesn't have a 90 yet do.....ohh right call in for help.....well that will only work hopefully correctly if they all phase into the correct realm within the zone....then lets see add in phasing in old world.....depending on far you quested into a zone you may not be able to get help due to the fact your helpers can't see you and the ganker......so then what does a person do? Ohhhh yeah they just log off and sit and wait for the cyber bully to leave.....or just get off PVP realm all to together....ohhh and being high level and ganking some poor slob using the portal to get into outlands....ganking them in a load screen doesn't make you a pvp'er it makes you a cyber bully....

TLDR/ Blizzard put people in my Multi MASS On line Game.

--- >Incredible WOW is now the MOST populated MMORPG in every inch of its world.

----- > A feat you could only expect from a new game/expansion for 3 weeks tops...

Most fabulous invention ever that will shape the future of MMORPG's for good (that is ... IF you would do it like Blizzard with seamless non loading screens in open worlds )

the rest is struggling with loading screens in closed up locked up invisble walled zones and they want to pretend to be a world ...

LOL. Time' s up for the amateurs.

Next gen open world play is here to stay... Better believe it and enjoy it in Titan.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-20 at 03:31 PM.

Blizzards "PvP" on PvP realms are garbage, i had the foresight to move my toons from the PvP server i played back in Classic/BC. Growing from 1-70 was interesting, but I knew it would only get worse with increasing level cap.

How world PvP is... is like its something they started to develop but then never finished. I dont know if many of you checked out Warhammer Online, but they got a few things right and IMO World PvP was one of them.