Thread: F2P limits?

F2P limits?

Played beta, love the game. Just no money to pay for it. But now that it's going F2P I can play again. woot. My question. What exactly am I not allowed to do being F2P?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

www DOT swtor DOT com/free/features

That link should answer any questions you have. It has a nice little chart that shows the differences in the account types. If you want to play for free, I recommend you spend at least 5$ on the item mall to more from a free-to-play player to a preferred status player.

Can't post any links because my post count is too low? Bah hogwash! replace DOT with a proper period.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellauno View Post
    www DOT swtor DOT com/free/features

That link should answer any questions you have. It has a nice little chart that shows the differences in the account types. If you want to play for free, I recommend you spend at least 5$ on the item mall to more from a free-to-play player to a preferred status player.

Can't post any links because my post count is too low? Bah hogwash! replace DOT with a proper period.
    tyvm. Nothing to hindering on me since I mainly wanna play for the story and to light saber things. lol Kinda how I play Firefall just to shoot stuff. lol

I'm currently doing preferred status and it's unplayable because they don't give me a full plethora of action bars. I keep having to open my spellbook to get at many of them. Why do they only give us the bottom 2 action bars?

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I'm currently doing preferred status and it's unplayable because they don't give me a full plethora of action bars. I keep having to open my spellbook to get at many of them. Why do they only give us the bottom 2 action bars?
    As usual they have to put some restrictions that tries to force people to pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    As usual they have to put some restrictions that tries to force people to pay them.
    Personally, I think this is going to go down in the history books as to how not to do a F2P, much like how Sony has a page in the history books for the biggest flop with the NGE for SWG.

The 2 UI bars was annoying. Not being able to hid helms or unify colors stinks too because some of the gear is just so fugly. At least I had the extended inventory slots I bought and cargo hold on my ship. At least you can mail too (albeit 1 item at a time and no credits).

SWTOR will have a nice population spike for a few weeks, then its going to die down again.

Reduced experience for characters as FTP

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Oh my I laughed myself into tears when I saw this.
    I played beta and the first 6 months. I will probably reactivate just to check the game out, but there is really no incentive to even play for free...
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

I don't understand needing to pay for emotes too. SWTOR gives a big fu to politeness in game! lol.

SWTOR has probably the worst F2P ever, even for it just starting up. You pay to hide your helm...I know I've said that in another thread but seriously, it's like ~4-5 bucks to HIDE your helm, not to buy a helm/piece of armor/etc. That's probably the greediest thing I've ever seen in ANY F2P game ever.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2012-11-16 at 06:24 AM.

hahahaha. was going to try this. might even say i was kinda w8ing for it. but dear god:

1.limit on battlegrounds per week? who thought of that
    2. limit to ress? so if i die more then 5 times i cant ress anymore...darwin award for that
    3.limited action bars? what to say
    4.cannot send ingame mail and cannot secure trade? thats nice as well
    5. chat limits....c'mon whats the point of mmo if i cant use chat
    6. use of mount 10 lvls later then the with sub? really? reduced xp wasnt enough
    7. and the best...cannot equipe items even if you get em :-)

other limites are ok. some good ideas like more expensive stuff from vendor, more expensive respec and such are ok. smaller invetory is as well ok. but some does not make sense

but the best one restriction is that if you are not paying you wont have prio if there is que when loging in. nice they added that expecting milions

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    The main limit I've found... I can't even get the damn launcher to work. Re-installed 4 times now.. and it starts up then crashes before the launcher even gets going...

Disable your anti-vir. It's a damn shame I had to disable Avast during installing. It's 2012 FFS lol.

Anyway, yes F2P is overly restrictive, but.. damn... it's a KOTOR game. Although I'm still only lvl16.

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Personally, I think this is going to go down in the history books as to how not to do a F2P, much like how Sony has a page in the history books for the biggest flop with the NGE for SWG.

The 2 UI bars was annoying. Not being able to hid helms or unify colors stinks too because some of the gear is just so fugly. At least I had the extended inventory slots I bought and cargo hold on my ship. At least you can mail too (albeit 1 item at a time and no credits).

SWTOR will have a nice population spike for a few weeks, then its going to die down again.
    I agree, but I am pretty sure it's from a different point of view. IMO the guy who decided to give away the best story based content in any MMO ever for free is either going to be a hero or pariah. I would never have allowed all that voice acting and questing to be given away for free. I would have done it like LOTRO, class quests only and you have to buy each planet individually after DK/Coruscant(with big glaring unlock signs over each and every quest giver you couldnt access without that pack).

It is a pretty big gamble so a flop is a huge possibilty. They basically gave out KOTOR 3 and 4 for free with purchasable options to convert to a MMO. I agree on the quickslots, but other than that I think they pretty generous. Its free FFS.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    FTP players have a 200,00 credit wallet limit plus they pay higher prices for items.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Disable your anti-vir. It's a damn shame I had to disable Avast during installing. It's 2012 FFS lol.

Anyway, yes F2P is overly restrictive, but.. damn... it's a KOTOR game. Although I'm still only lvl16.
    Tried disabling my anitivirus... and doing a 5th (or 6th) clean install. Still crashes as the launcher is trying to open... I'll go back to wow... It may cost me £8.99 a month but atleast it actually works =/

lol

There are other restrictions that can be put in place that at least keep the game playable for F2P. Leave it to Bioware to inject more stupid into this game, it's been a cluster fuck since release.

We have a bunch of other threads discussing various things about the restrictions on F2P so I am going to close this one.