Brewmaster on Garalon- DPS?

So I'm "tanking" Garalon as brewmaster and I'm trying to figure out how to help the raid meet the DPS check...any suggestions? it sucks that elusive brew and shuffle are pretty much worthless.

so what would be the Brewmaster "dps" rotation? I just use Chi Wave on cooldown, keep tiger power up at max, and then use BoK. Guard whenever it's up. Anything else? other suggestions? sometimes i forget to resummon the statue to be closer...but dps is the issue. we are 3-healing it though. we're about 10s off the enrage on a good shot so every bit counts.

My bet is your DPS need to pick it up or maybe drop a healer. Logs may help.

Shuffle is actually not worthless. If you pay attention, you'll realize that you get your stagger DoT, which means you're taking SOME sort of melee damage... which happens to be the cleave.

EB isn't worth it? News to me as you can dodge the Cleave.

This is my log tonight for Garalon heroic. It says normal, it isn't. World of logs is having an issue with that. You can alos see my number one parse for monks on H Wind Lord, same report.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dj.../?s=666&e=1069

Have any logs to look at?

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tested it by carefully watching my MSBT - Furious Swipes can indeed be avoided.

This is a situation where EB is totally boss - you can just build up a few stacks and pop it for two-three seconds of dodge right as the attack's about to land.

Shuffle is also good to keep up, seeing as the hit can be staggered.

With no other incoming melee hits on Garalon, it's quite easy to Purify off every single attack you don't avoid while still maintaining your shuffle. And if you have a lucky avoidance streak and/or Guard, saving you some Chi, you can toss out a Chi Wave or two to give your healers a little boost.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 06:03 AM ----------

Errrr just noticed you were talking about maximising DPS, not survivability.

If healing's no problem, don't Chi Wave on cooldown. BoK's your highest source of single target damage-per-Chi.

Also, are you running with Xuen? Hes the best lvl90 single target talent so long as you use him when youll have high Vengeance for the majority of his duration
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2012-11-16 at 06:04 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

did *not* know you can avoid his front aoe. ha.

I bet using Breath of Fire while you're in the leg's weak point (I dps'd the front legs with the other tank while taking cleaves) would boost your dps. I didn't think about this till just now, but seems like it would help. I was pulling a little over 60k without it just using KS and BoK and Tiger palm / Jab otherwise with Xuen. I'm also wondering if RJW would be a boost over Xuen with multiple targets to hit I havent tried it since I love Xuen so much

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zucchellij View Post
    I bet using Breath of Fire while you're in the leg's weak point (I dps'd the front legs with the other tank while taking cleaves) would boost your dps. I didn't think about this till just now, but seems like it would help. I was pulling a little over 60k without it just using KS and BoK and Tiger palm / Jab otherwise with Xuen. I'm also wondering if RJW would be a boost over Xuen with multiple targets to hit I havent tried it since I love Xuen so much
    Nah.

BoF plus its DoT component to a single target is less damage than a single BoK.

Factor in that bosses aren't affected by Dizzying Haze and you're much better spent just unloading a BoK onto the leg.

Also, Xuen's Cleave is what gives the majority of his damage, which makes him ideal for this. RJW won't compare, especially as its path of travel is extremely narrow and won't hit everything.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2012-11-16 at 03:19 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Summon Xuen on a leg = rofl your way to the top of the charts.

Well no, not quite that much, but it's a hefty DPS boost at any rate. And the cleaves help a lot.

Just make sure you're in the weak points area when you keg smash and you should do a fair bit of damage to the leg.

Also, making sure you are spamming free Tiger Palms for every available GCD will help too. And like others have said, Xuen is a nice dps boost.