Page 1 of 2
LastLast

next step killing the ret pala for ever ??

so after this blue post

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5847988073

we can see that ret pala healing will be nothing and we all know the dps is nothing too right now but when we was asking about buff ( i am mean ret palas ) ppl say " ret pala is not realy dps class its support class " well after blizz will nerf the healing to the ground i think ret pala no more support class .

so i am asking here is ret pala will get a buff for his dps after u take the healing from him or u will just let ret pala die and become useless not a dps class or even support class

Deleted
    Good. I shouldn't have to blanket silence you to land a kill when you're a dpser... Putting all of your Holy power into WoGs and instant Flash of Lighting yourself isn't skillful nor fun.

As for your damage, you can do killer burst and that's part of the ret paladin, after your burst you will do about average dps, probably on par with a WW Monk does, then you can nuke again with all your cooldowns to set up a kill - which DOES require some skill to do.

It's just how your class plays, if you don't like it well you might want to think about what class you're playing. If you like survivability with abit of burst go for a Demo Lock

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree that offhealing is overpowered, but I wish they just had pvp power not affect you partners but still affect you. As a boomkin, I don't know how I am going to do 2v2,I rely too much on good heals to survive. If they gave us better survivability or the insane damage that other classes put out then I would be happy but when many classes can kill me if I don't heal, I feel like sometimes that I am forced to heal.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Which class doesnt need to use a heal when they are beeing bursted? cmon dude lol the off-heals on dps specs are there for a reason and so are defensive ones, some uses more heals as defensive and some use mitigation and some uses both. for me it sounds like "oh my someone is beating my face in, have to heal" , shouldnt you be able to get killed or what?

Think reducing coefficients would be more fair then completly negate impact of that stat. Atm its overboard, especially for SP since Ret at least needs to choose between dmg and healing (exept FoL). Imo that nerf is first of all aimed on SPs, all melee hybrids just happened to ride on the same train but trick is that probably SPs will suffer less then Ret becouse SPs can reliably run heavy caster comp with lots of CC where their offhealing is less needed then it is for average ret cleave.

so u all see that ret pala are over power with his healing but warrior and hunters and locks are not over power with ther dps or spriest is not over power with his fear its just the ret pala that need nerf

I really feel for all the non-SPriest hybrids. Pretty clear they are nerfing hybrid healing across the board just because of SPriests, so everyone else who isn't overpowered is taking a big hit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    so u all see that ret pala are over power with his healing but warrior and hunters and locks are not over power with ther dps or spriest is not over power with his fear its just the ret pala that need nerf
    Please stop. You're giving me cancer.

we can see that ret pala healing will be nothing and we all know the dps is nothing too right now
    No.

Ret paladin damage is okay, and their burst is pretty fucking amazing.

Deleted
    Your healing abilities will still scale with attack power like the other expansions. When 5.1 hits your healing output per ability will, meassured in ilvl, change in scaling from exponential to linear, seeing as instead of being both PvP power and AP based, it will change to only being AP based.

If burst and healers healing output will be tuned down across the line, then this change wont be an issue at all. If burst and healing isnt changed away from the current situation, then it is not only ret paladins who are broken, but PvP itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    No.

Ret damage outside of cooldowns is low. You're not gonna kill anyone with plain CS judge TV.

In any case this nerf wasnt meant for Ret but it'll hit us hard. Ret survival will be gutted for no reason. While warriors get to keep their way higher survivability.

I hope Blizzard takes a good look at Ret paladin survivability and sustained damage after this change. If they don't they are going to gut Ret in pvp.

I'm actually pretty scared by these changes. Enhancement is already pretty weak in arenas,very suggestible to globaling without cd's up. I realize offhealing for over 100k instant casts are dumb,but it's going to hurt my own survivability very much,same for Ret's. I hate getting nerfed because of a another spec/class beign retarded,and 5.1 Enhas for example are getting double fucked over Resto is going to be nerfed by inability to use totems when interrupted/silenced. And it's going to hit Ele/Enha as hard..

Back on topic though,it's not like Ret's are going to get completely gutted by this imo. Ret Burst is very good indeed,and with other nerfs to ''DA OP'' Classes dmg in 5.1 it might be so that we don't have to rely on our selfheals so much anymore. Wait and see,before going into a full rage mode!

Nerf all healing offspecs, but Mark of the Wild still boosts Boomkin healing by plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai123 View Post
    Good. I shouldn't have to blanket silence you to land a kill when you're a dpser... Putting all of your Holy power into WoGs and instant Flash of Lighting yourself isn't skillful nor fun.

As for your damage, you can do killer burst and that's part of the ret paladin, after your burst you will do about average dps, probably on par with a WW Monk does, then you can nuke again with all your cooldowns to set up a kill - which DOES require some skill to do.

It's just how your class plays, if you don't like it well you might want to think about what class you're playing. If you like survivability with abit of burst go for a Demo Lock
    Excuse me, but if you think the 'off-healing' thing is new, you don't know jack shit about Ret Paladins. If you really have that much trouble killing one, I can't imagine how you killed any of the 'really good' classes this season.
    Last edited by Lightfist; 2012-11-16 at 12:58 PM.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Nerf all healing offspecs, but Mark of the Wild still boosts Boomkin healing by plenty
    Heart of the Wild,you mean? :O

Please stop posting on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    No.

Agreed, i find their burst more insane than warriors, 100k hammer of wrath hit... OUCH!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Agreed, i find their burst more insane than warriors, 100k hammer of wrath hit... OUCH!!
    Warriors have an off gcd attack that hits harder. And its not fair to compare who crits higher as a ret pala will have about 20% crit chance while a warrior will have like 65% with cooldowns. If hammer of wrath had its old crit chance id agree tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    How on earth an you whine about ret dmg? Ret got insane burst and general dmg. Your doing something wrong

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmiles View Post
    Please stop posting on these forums.
    That is the nice, polite, version of what I wanted to post. I was getting a headache.