Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    I was actually wondering,

In the very specific scenario of TP not needing to be refreshed, E.Brew on cooldown, and you have a 1 Chi, I've seen people suggest just using TP anyway, just to refresh even if it has 10 seconds remaining on it's duration.

In these situations where I am Energy depleted, I will use Spinning Fire Blossom to consume the chi, so that the impending Jab does not waste a Chi point. I don't think this is wrong, but am open for discussion about it.

To specify this more, the circumstances where this actually occurs on a normal boss fight is very minimal. 2-3 times per fight, and seems like an undisputed DPS gain, albeit very minimal.
    I don't see why you wouldn't just wait for the energy to Jab and BoK. What makes you feel like you NEED to spend that 1 Chi right at that moment?

There's no need, it was just a question. SFB hits for about 70k w/o the 10 yard bonus, over 100k with the bonus. Just seems silly to not use it when TP has a lot of time left before it needs to be refreshed.

If I have a 3pt Jab coming, I wouldn't do it since it would cap out to 4 pts. But if I'm going to be continually going from 1 to 3 to 1 to 3 to 1 , it seems like a better choice to spend that one on a hard hitting ability, before Jabbing x2 to get to 4 and getting off a RSK+BoK.

There is no reason to be wastefully spending that chi - just hold it until your TP is going to drop and refresh it accordingly.

SFB in rotation @_@? Seriously some people... It's like dead last in the situational use. SFB you will only use it under following circumstances:
    -Cannot be in target melee range due to mechanics.
    -Can be in melee range but do not have Flying Serpent Kick.
    With the addition of the following condition
    -Have Chi at capped, not in melee range, energy capped, Expel Harm off CD.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    SFB in rotation @_@? Seriously some people... It's like dead last in the situational use. SFB you will only use it under following circumstances:
    Thanks for the input on my alt, and I'm well aware of it's last place standing.

We're also dealing with a class that has Fists of Fury being one of the biggest damage-per-chi abilities we have, but yet, people leave it out out of pure simplicity.

There was a time that Rogues (my main) shunned Shuriken Toss because of the way it simulated (waste of a talent), until someone figured out a way to break it.

This was merely a food for thought, you guys need to relax a little.

Fsit of Fury is omitted for certain reasons. Bugged channeling in scaling with haste. Losing ticks. And one cannot just compare 1.5 Blackout kick vs 1 FoF cause when you're doing FoF you CANNOT auto swing which is why FoF sucks in so many level. As haste scales, energy caps, FoF will gradually be totally useless.

Without fulfilling the above mentioned rigid conditions and using 1 Chi for SFB is a guaranteed DPS loss. Just as much as if FoF conditions aren't fulfilled it is a DPS loss, and the DPS lost gets greater as your iLvl increases.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    SFB in rotation? Seriously some people... It's like dead last in the situational use.
    Sorry to say this but sfb is actually better then BoK chi/dps wise, at some point if you are not gonna cap energy with 2gcd's instead of 1. There is a very long analysis on it, in EJ monk forums.. You should better check that.. Seriously some people...

When Patchwerk: 3 stacks of Tiger Palm > Xuen > Rising Sun Kick > Black Out Kick
    If energy starved: 3 stacks of Tiger Palm > Xuen > Rising Sun Kick > Energizing Brew > Mastery Proc BoK > FoF > Mastery Proc TP > Flying Serpent Kick
    When taking heavy damage (such as Garalon's stomps): Touch of Karma > Zen Mediation > Dampen Harm / Diffuse Magic > Fortifying Brew > Expel Harm > Chi Wave

Keep a close eye on your Tigereye Brew stacks and use them whenever you get 10 of them.

Don't FoF (or Tigereye Brew) if the boss will move anywhere within 3 seconds, don't FoF when you're Lusted, don't FoF when you're under the effect of Energizing Brew, don't FoF (or Tigereye Brew) when you're about to take a lot of damage, don't FoF (or Tigereye Brew) if you are going to move anywhere within 3 seconds.

When for some odd reason you're supposed to be out of melee range (or on Elegon when you're further than 10 yards away from the boss) you should use Spinning Fire Blossom > Crackling Jade Lightning.

Pass tier loot to other classes in your raid. They will benefit more from it.
    Last edited by Authentic; 2012-11-20 at 11:13 PM.