Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Making suggestions to EA? (SWTOR)

Can people not do this? Why do I not hear of anyone challenging them on this? Certainly there are some things in their F2P model that should be changed.
    The obvious and often mentioned unshowing helms is just plain greed.
    restricted access to Warzones hurts their actual subscribers with slower queues.
    2 Quick Bars might be enough tbh, will have to see.
    Not too bothered about the rezzing thing but it still stinks.

This is really their last chance to make some real money, and more importantly save face from their early mistakes such as too many servers, and being cocky in posts or interviews saying they will rival WoW etc. The sad part is, they have the foundations of a GREAT game, they just need to show a bit more passion!

They have to realise, that if they can get their free players really enjoying a game, they may get future long term subscribers. Hell LOTRO and Champions online (F2P mmos that I have experience with, whose system really seemed to compliment the games well) have F2P members that regulary buy from the respective stores, as it is the kind of stuff people would be willing to drop dosh on without feeling like they are being cheated. I know that I for one, am not going to spend a single penny unless there are some changes.
    Will use the game for the story modes and casual fun with a friend, we both have preferred status anyway so should not be too painful I imagine

Deleted
    I would suggest that they start taking their customers seriously because it has been 29 hours since the servers went down for maintenace and they ARE STILL DOWN. It was funny after the first 16 hours but now it is simply ridiculous.

More than 1 day to implement a patch.... Rift just released an expansion like 100 times bigger than 1.5 swtor patch and the servers were only down for 4 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kameis View Post
    I would suggest that they start taking their customers seriously because it has been 29 hours since the servers went down for maintenace and they ARE STILL DOWN. It was funny after the first 16 hours but now it is simply ridiculous.

More than 1 day to implement a patch.... Rift just released an expansion like 100 times bigger than 1.5 swtor patch and the servers were only down for 4 hours.
    Actually the servers came up after the patch yesterday. I and thousands of others played the game last night (new HK content, Section X, cartel shop etc). The server went down today to address a few bugs that came up with patch 1.5. Servers will be back up in an hour from now.

Was excited for f2p SWTOR.

Now I'm not bothering with it.

There are ways to do f2 right.

EA's is not one of them.

Just seems like more money-grubbing that they're so well known for.

I'm considering paying 15 usd on a one time use debit card. The money's not that big a deal and I'd rather have a smooth experience than a clunky one.

Deleted
    Their F2P model sucks, they should've followed Sony's example of DC Universe online

as for advising them about their F2P model. You can send an E-mail but that's not going to help you much.

They got people that get paid for coming up with this,running the numbers, etc. and they darn well will get their money's worth out off it and use those ideas.
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2012-11-16 at 12:09 PM.

EA.... listening to.... suggestions... ?

AHHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    I'm considering paying 15 usd on a one time use debit card. The money's not that big a deal and I'd rather have a smooth experience than a clunky one.
    I paid $15 for the month and it's still clunky. There are no smooth experiences in SWTOR, what with their game engine. I had to take a break because it's so hard on the eyes.

Deleted
    Finally convinced a mate to play. Deleted all my old characters except 1 to make a low level to play with him.
    Still says I have 8 characters even though I have 1 (across all servers before someone mentions, its a known issue) so we have to hold off until that is fixed. not the end of the world but still, classic EA

F2P sucks!!...they should give me EVERYTHING for free!!!....what the hell Bioware?
    As a non paying customer...I DEMAND more!!!

/endsarcasm

People need to grow up and stop bitching about getting something for free

Suggestions?
    C'mon, they went down to 8 US servers from over 100. They lost about 75% of their subscribers too.

They know how to run an MMO better than anyone else.

Any suggestions would fall on def ears.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    F2P sucks!!...they should give me EVERYTHING for free!!!....what the hell Bioware?
    As a non paying customer...I DEMAND more!!!

/endsarcasm

People need to grow up and stop bitching about getting something for free
    Your posts are really becoming non productive or contributional to these boards. This one and the one in the other thread only serve for you to wave your hands in the air, scream, "Look at me I play SWTOR and I love it. It's perfect and you are all assholes for thinking otherwise". I'd suggest you tone it down because you're maknig yourself look silly.

You need to 'grow up and stop bitching' about people that aren't satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Your posts are really becoming non productive or contributional to these boards. This one and the one in the other thread only serve for you to wave your hands in the air, scream, "Look at me I play SWTOR and I love it. It's perfect and you are all assholes for thinking otherwise". I'd suggest you tone it down because you're maknig yourself look silly.

You need to 'grow up and stop bitching' about people that aren't satisfied.
    /agreed

Have you read the swtor forums? (when they are up that is. :-P ). The people posting their are attacking each other when someone says they need to improve F2P even. Then another poster yells and mocks the person defending F2P. Wish I could post to tell the idiots "YOU CAN'T POST ON THE SWTOR FORUMS UNLESS YOU PAY", you are bashing a PAYING customer.

Why does it seem all the Star Wars MMO's will make the history books for what NOT to do in an MMO?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Why does it seem all the Star Wars MMO's will make the history books for what NOT to do in an MMO?
    They look at it as having a 'cult' fan base and begin the process of marketing that way -OR- try to market it to everyone, but then only listen to the cult fan base that in turn ruin the game. It's what happened with this one. They had fanatics telling them the game was perfect, dont' implent group finder, don't implement addons, don't do this, don't do that, please don't make this anything like WoW and then that's what they did.

Then the 80% of the people who would have enjoyed the game immensely if they had started doing this stuff began to cancel their subs rapidly. Now we are here. Hopefully they have realized to stop listening to the people who are constantly insulting everyone who critiques the game and insist that the game is perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I and thousands of others played
    Hmm... "thousands". I think you are exaggerating!

Anyway... I saw it was F2P, thought i'd have a look, couldn't log into download this morning... so thought fuck it, and logged back onto WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    Hmm... "thousands". I think you are exaggerating!
    No, there were definitely thousands of people on last night. Just on JC's fleet there were 250 people on that instance, and I think 3 instances up. Section X had so many people I saw almost 7 shards I believe. This is just one server.

I would imagine that there were somewhere between 2-5 thousand people concurrently playing if not far more.

Another rant about why someone can't do more warzones disguised as a legitimate complaint while getting to play a game for nothing.

So yea, lets pull off a DCUO and cap your credits so low there will be times you can't repair or get soda for healing without having to carry extra gear in your bags so you can make a little more money when you very quickly run out.

Or LOTRO's model where while you can make some turbine points in game the grind is beyond eye gouging and anything past about level 30 you have to buy. I can't even imagine having the buy Taris or any planet to level on (besides the class story).

While both models are good, neither are without there flaws.

Will use the game for the story modes and casual fun with a friend, we both have preferred status anyway so should not be too painful I imagine
    Your right - F2P is not too painful at all (especially if your move to a preferred status)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    So yea, lets pull off a DCUO and cap your credits so low there will be times you can't repair or get soda for healing
    Since I'd rather not argue with you to the accuracy of the other points, because playing nice is more fun, I've never played DCUO and my reaction to this statement is: "What the what?"

Soda....for healing. I need to play this game lol.

How are DCUO, LOTRO, and SWTOR doing? They didn't go "free to play" because of their success.

More warzones and flashpoints for f2p benefit PAYING customers too. Its a legit gripe. Look at Warcraft, the 20-24 bracket has the fastest queue times for the BG brackets. Guess why? Because of the level 20 free accounts getting unlimited BG's. Guess what the best twink bracket is for PAYING customers, the 20-24 one.

So if "free to play" had unlimited WZ's and FP's and cut down the queue time for PAYING customers by 50%, or not getting Huttball 20 times in a row, this would upset you? Maybe just not give the trials access to the latest and greatest FP's and OP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Since I'd rather not argue with you to the accuracy of the other points, because playing nice is more fun, I've never played DCUO and my reaction to this statement is: "What the what?"

Soda....for healing. I need to play this game lol.
    It really is a fun game to a point and yea, soda for personal heals but you can bet your limit of 2000 credits will hit you hard at times and even if you spend some cash it bumps you up to only 2500 credits.

You have to pay real money to pull your credits out of escrow (thats where all your extra money goes when you go over your cap). There are many many times you had to carry extra gear to sell cause you would run out of money repairing or buying soda. Have to sell the gear to get more money just so you wouldn't be dumping your extra credits into escrow you cant touch.

Fun game but it's got its faults as well.

No F2P, freemium or extended trial is all shits and giggles.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-11-16 at 07:42 PM.

Let's keep this thread free of insults and constructive please. People are allowed to dislike/like whatever they want to. No need to fling insults because you disagree.