Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Helfarch View Post
    Some interesting responses, but also some that seem to show a little bit of confusion.

1) Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack has no impact on our ability to DPS on the move. That was tied to Fox, which is getting the hoof come 5.1 and instead we'll just be able to cast on the move in whatever Aspect we choose to use

2) The major issue with Cheetah/Pack is that, whilst it can be glyphed to prevent dazing, it can't be relied up to do what its meant to do - ie. boost our movement speed. Hence my suggestion for some change to ensure that hunters have access to a reliable speed boost which also has a "downside" (no +10% damage, no -15% damage reduction, short duration, long cooldown). Hell, maybe even a small focus cost of c20 could even be added to further remove the idea that we might get such an ability for "free".

4) A couple of people have mentioned PVP - this post was specifically from a raiding/PVE point of view. Whilst I have jumped into the very occasional arena/BG/RBG I certainly wouldn't ever claim to be able to speak with any kind of knowledge on the subject
    My suggestion was actually for both. Need a quick escape in PvP? Disengage, pop into cheetah, and run away while firing off a few not-cast/channeled shots. Need focus? Pop back into Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Helfarch View Post
    Aspect of the Cheetah - 3min CD, increases the hunter's movement speed by 30% for 6 seconds. Only one aspect can be active at a time.
    No. Is this about improving cheetah or about not losing 0.07364% DPS in a raid environment? I don't trust PvEers too much, as most of the time the only language they speak is: "DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS if it's not good for DPS it's not good."

Currently I use AotC whenever I wan't in PvP, and I already think that it's benefit is rather limited, but 30% for 6 sec with 3 min CD? What's this supposed to be, a super nerf to AotC?

I think it's fine as it is, but they should also let it work while mounted and remove AotP.

Or they should change it to something OP like this: "The Hunter takes on the aspects of a cheetah, increasing movement speed by 20%. If the Hunter is struck, his movement speed will increase by an additional 10% up to a maximum of 60% in total. Five stacks remove roots/slows if there are any and the hunter drops back to one stack = 20%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time."

So instead of a daze the hunter gets a boost. Penalty is that he cannot use the DPS aspect, that should be enough of a penalty.
    Last edited by Sarevoc; 2012-11-18 at 10:54 AM.