Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rogue leveling build for Storm Legion, and general help with the game.

Hi I just got regular RIFT, Im a level 21 rogue, and I want a spec that can solo some Rifts, and has decent damage. Also, back when I tried Rift Lite, I could solo 5-6 mobs as a bard, and now I struggle with 2. Did they nerf it?

I haven't bought storm legion yet. Gonna wait until I hit 50.

I tried dimensions, and I cant seem to rotate/resize stuff. I select those options, but nothing happens.

I don't know what other people use but I have always used bladedancer/assassin to solo. The duelist premade build is the same build I used at launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.dunsparrow.com/

good site for rogue builds, I currently use the Bladedancer Solo build.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    http://www.dunsparrow.com/

good site for rogue builds, I currently use the Bladedancer Solo build.
    That looks a lot better then what I play with, will have to try that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...gue-guide.html

The Martian build, first build in that post, is AMAZING for leveling. Taking 2-3 things 2-3 levels above me is no problem at all.
    I'm trying that tonight. My MM build is just way too slow.

Things with pets, ( MM ) is great for leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcloud View Post
    Things with pets, ( MM ) is great for leveling
    MM does not have pets, Ranger does, and the Martian build in the post I linked is way better than Ranger. Trust me. I've tried several different builds out on the way up to 57. Martian is hands down the best and one of the easier ones to play.

10+ Year Old Account

The Martian build, first build in that post, is AMAZING for leveling. Taking 2-3 things 2-3 levels above me is no problem at all.
    I dont own storm legion though. I need a build for normal Rift. I was thinking about a bard spec, but the healing is pathetic.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ling-spec.html

Been reading a lot of good about this spec, might wanna give it a twirl
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Deleted

THIS!

i just loaded up my 35 rogue, went towards this spec, spending as much as i could in Tac, then spending the leftover points in MM and oh god, i can pull many mobs and just spray them down with torrents. I feel like a ghostbuster!

yet to try anything too challenging with it, but this is a hell of a lot of fun thanks for the link!

10+ Year Old Account
    But im looking for a build without tactician. I dont own storm legion.

For leveling I use 52 Sab, 5 Tactician and the rest in Riftstalker. You want to pick up as much damage as you can. Pick up the 5 points in non physical damage from tactician and then make sure you get attack power bonus from RS, 3 points in boosted recovery and then start putting points into endurance and armor increases in the RS tree. The survivability and self healing makes it so any damage you do take is minimal and the insane AOE damage of sab allows you to burst down both single and multiple targets in a matter of seconds. Its much faster than a cuisinart or marksman build alot of people seem to be using.

I wonder how many more times OP has to point out he doesn't have Storm Legion before people stop recommending Tactician.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    I wonder how many more times OP has to point out he doesn't have Storm Legion before people stop recommending Tactician.
    I've been wondering that as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I've been wondering that as well.
    Wait wut, people read the OP? Blasphemy!

OT: OP you should try tactician it's really good.....

Hopefully going forward we can read OP posts before doing a frenzied reply that is irrelevant and keep things on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    Well, the original topic is "Rogue leveling build for Storm Legion, and general help with the game."

Bolded the relevant part.

Deleted
    Well, the original topic is "Rogue leveling build for Storm Legion, and general help with the game."

Bolded the relevant part.
    "Im a level 21 rogue, and I want a spec that can solo some Rifts, and has decent damage."
    "I haven't bought storm legion yet. Gonna wait until I hit 50."

From the OP, just answering the topic title without reading the OP is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tactitian is pretty awesome, you should try it! =D

As an aside, I started a Rogue the other day and leveled up fairly easily with a Marksman / Ranger combo.

Through the original version of Rift, my soloing spec was 44-assassin / 22-riftstalker / 0-bladedancer, worked well for me. The points in riftstalker gave me some decent survivability, while the assassin was a fairly decent DPS spec. With this spec I had no problem soloing level 50 minor rifts, and I was able to solo minor rifts on ember isle (well to phase 4 at least on EI). Gear was fair at this point, I had was probably somewhere in between T1 and T2.

BTW -- during this time for 5-man and pug raids I ran the 'hawkeye build' (51 ranger / 15 marksmans / 0 assassin)

With the changes the changes to the game, I am currently leveling as 42 assassin / 24 riftstalker / x tactician. Now I know that the OP doesn't have SL yet, but I didn't start putting points in Tactician till level 51, so he could drop any soul in place of tactician and swap out when he gets SL. I plan to put 10 points in tactician as I level. The main reason is that I feel that both assassin and riftstalker are light on AoE type attacks, and with a few points in tactician I get a few more AoE options.

So far, I do miss poison gas from my original build (used it as an interupt / CC when things got out of hand a bit). Also, I noticed that this build lost a few self-heals so I've had to be more conscious of what I'm doing in SL. However, this could be a consequent of me leveling slower then the content. Basically I've done Cape Jule -> City Core -> Eastern Holdings, which I'm about half done with -- doing the quests out of Southwall Bunker; but at this point I'm 52 and the quest mobs are 53 - 54, and I'm starting to run into level 55 mobs. Probably need to hop over to the other continent and do the first zone.

BTW -- I do every quest that I find, I have the achievement for doing the carnage quests in both Cape Jule and City Core, I have the achievement for doing 31 quests in City Core and I am at 31/32 in Cape Jule; so I don't think I'm rushing content.