Thread: Garalon Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Hunters usually underperform on this fight, no clue why since pet damage was fixed.
    That's true, every class has at least 1 DD spec which performs better on this fight than the best hunter spec - at least 14k DPS better, or even 84k DPS better like combat rogues.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Garalon/2...14/60/default/

Granted, cleave/dots are huge here, but I still wonder why the difference is so big.

We put together a bunch of tips that helped our other team avoid the numerous wipes (especially on pulls and passing pheromones) here.

Deleted
    Point one: It doesn't matter how many people do the kiting. The damage your raid takes just change by 1 or 2 percent! There are some pretty detailed calculations on the internet, even in this very forum. That said, using more kiters reduces the damage taken before a crush. Making it more unlikely for someone to be killed.

Point two: If you have a dps problem, have as few as possible dds kiting. A weak hunter is destined to help out your healers taking the pheromones.

Point three: Have your fdk and the other hunter (i'd suggest going bm, nice cds on every 2nd leg) do the legs by themselves. You only need to kill 1 leg every 30 sec (their respawn timer). The remaining dps should stay on the boss, once the first 4 legs are gone. That will result in less target switching and moving your raid has to do and an increase in your dps.

Deleted
    Downed tonight on 4th pull. We recruited a warrior and feral druid. Setup was:

BrM Monk
    Prot Pally

Resto Shammy
    Resto Druid
    Holy Pally

Feral Druid
    Fury Warrior (he forgot to respec :S)
    Frost DK
    Fire Mage
    Shadow Priest

Used 2 tanks and 2 healers to kite pheromone, DK and Warr on legs, other 3 on body.

The fight just seems much easier without hunters.

Thanks for all the advice!

Hey Woknroll7.

We usually run with 2 hunters as well and that didn't really caused an issue when we killed Garalon this week. We actually had 5 ranged DPS: 2x SV hunters, Boomkin, Affliction Warlock and Fire Mage.

Let me tell you how we did it so you can have an idea for a solution. We keep 2 plate assigned to the front legs on Garalon, they are in tank spec but DPS gear and by staying on front legs they also receive the Furious Swipe. We run with 3 healers, one of them helping kiting the Pheromones at the very beginning. Our pheromone rotation is Priest(Holy)->Warlock->Hunter->Hunter. Once Garalon is below 35% our 3rd healer is replaced by one of the tanks.Throughout the fight our Fire Mage and one of the hunters was locked on the main body all the time. The other hunter and the Boomkin kept DPS'ing the hind legs. When hunters were kiting the pheromones they were replacing each other on the back leg duty.

Deleted
    Since Wok got the kill I'm going to hijack his thread so I don't have to make a new one.

We were wiping a bunch last night at around 8% (and 2x 4% wipes) and we just aren't sure on what to do to improve it.

Our setup was:

Prot Paladin
    Blood DK

Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman
    MW Monk

Fire Mage
    2x Shadow Priest
    Ret Paladin
    Ele Shaman

What we did:

We had 3 people kiting - Both tanks and the disc priest (swapping at around 30 stacks of Pungency). We had our Ret Paladin and one of the Shadow Priests on the legs full time and the rest mostly going for the body and helping when needed for the legs that are against the wall.

What we're thinking of doing today is have one of our tanks go into DPS spec and gear then have both 'tanks' soak and take care of the front legs while all the dps remain on the hind legs.

What we're unsure about is: Who should kite? As tanks we could kite easily, though every now and then we'd have a mishap and pass pheromones into each other by mistake, so what we did is have the kiting tank be at max range so he could still soak the swipe but not be so close to the other tank to risk a pheromone jump, yet, since our issue seems to be a slight lack of dps we're unsure on how to proceed... Any tips?

Oh, and apart from the mentioned setup, I have the following classes on the bench that I can always bring in:

Holy Paladin
    Feral/Guardian Druid
    WW Monk
    BM Hunter

Deleted
    Something I've been querying with my guild. Is it viable to kill only the left 2 legs and ignore the other 2? This ensures every mend leg is always on the left and clearly in range of everyone. The other legs you'd aim to have killed at the 45 seconds till beserk moment.
    Mend Leg is a 30 second CD, so I think that would most probably remove RNG from legs respawning in awkward places. This also saves melee running all over the shop to help keep dps up.

The only negative of this is the boss always has 2 stacks of speed buff. But this makes it easier for tanks if they are kiters as the boss moves too slow as a tank kiter.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
    Something I've been querying with my guild. Is it viable to kill only the left 2 legs and ignore the other 2? This ensures every mend leg is always on the left and clearly in range of everyone. The other legs you'd aim to have killed at the 45 seconds till beserk moment.
    Mend Leg is a 30 second CD, so I think that would most probably remove RNG from legs respawning in awkward places. This also saves melee running all over the shop to help keep dps up.

The only negative of this is the boss always has 2 stacks of speed buff. But this makes it easier for tanks if they are kiters as the boss moves too slow as a tank kiter.

Thoughts?
    You will lose a lot of dps this way, while gaining basically nothing. The only advantage I can see would be more clumped healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    use 2 healers and get the holy pala to go ret. The prot paladin can spec ret aswell , but keep his prot gear on, Stack your ranged and shaman healer close to the middle (move in to leg circles on that side if they spawn). Let the resto druid be a kiter along with healing the other kiters + tanks. Let the melee be the ones taking down his backleg on the opposite side whenever it spawns, along with helping out on any leg that spawns. The reason for the stacking of ranged and shamanhealer is that it's much easier to heal up the aura along with crushes. Shaman healer should only use HR, HW, RT and HST. And use HTT for oh-fuck moments. He should also use his Mana Tide pretty early so he can put it out again, and not just wait for the last phase. 3-2-1 GG
    Why have a signature? What I just posted states how retarded I am anyways.

you can look through our log..
    we use 3 healers and one hunter in the kiting, so you can compare his dps to your hunters

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ayc6tld0g3sgjg23/sum/damageDone/?s=7875&e=8293