Thread: [BM] dps

[BM] dps

Hey guys,

I was just curious, outside of hit/expertise, what is the best way to increase brewmaster dps?

Thanks a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear usually does it.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    funnily enough, the stats to increase our Dps are the same as the stats to increase our survivability Haste and Crit, LOTS of them.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The best way to increase damage as any tank is stacking vengeance. Getting hit a lot is far more valuable than any stat (outside exp/hit) dps-wise.

From a pure stat perspective, haste and crit are good for survivability and dps.

Thanks guys,

I appreciate the feedback. I just try to stay as proactive as I can to improve my character. I have gotten to the point where I understand how the class works, for the most part, and now I am trying to pull everything I can out of him

I am pretty sure I am doing all the right things and I'm becoming more and more comfortable with the playstyle. It's actually a lot of fun once you get past the idea monk tanking doesn't work like the other tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I see people type out druid(s) as "dudu." So, my class is now reduced to a pile of crap (doo doo)? What?

10+ Year Old Account
    If EH isn't an issue use the agil/crit meta and getting two good trinkets helps a lot as most of the great ones have a huge Agil proc associated with them. Outside of that it's mostly just gearing and forging/gemming for Agil>Haste>Crit.

I find DW to be a bit more DPS than 2H but I haven't done any hard testing on that outside of it seemed to go up when I swapped and I've ranked on almost every boss I've down. Your choice of professions could have a little bit of a factor too (I'm BS + LW).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Perfect your rotation? Is the main one the will buff your DPS. At high Vengeance stacks Chi Wave will do more damage than Blackout Kick if used offensively (4 Damage bounce), avoid Jabbing too much and Expel Harm. Though by doing most of this you will be putting your survivability at stake. Generally you'd want Keg Smash to be on CD everytime it is up. Learn how to achive "tolerable" damage level, where you take damage but capable of keeping yourself up without external aid. (For example during power down phase of Elegon, get high stacks for more vengeance without risking death or pressure on healer.

It may not be high by normal high end raiding guild, but my Brewmaster monk (472 iLvl) managed 86k DPS on Elegon Normal. Whereas not gimmicky fights I'm sitting on 52-54k++ DPS, Agi gemmed due to better OS switching.