Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The current one.

No more leaving immediately when I see 10 vanquishers in the raid, no more ninja's etc.

I like the current system a whole lot better.

I was one of eight (8!) paladins in an LFR two nights ago. We downed the Empress and I won a tier token. I was utterly ecstatic, ran loops around the room. I know that if the old LFR system had been in place I would have been subject to furious whispers from all those other paladins rolling level 1s on my server, threatening my children or offering improbable sexual favors in exchange for that tier chest piece. As it was, everyone went back to their realms with their prizes or their bags of rocks and I was left in peace to admire my new purple pixels.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the new one to the old one. Having to roll against 8-10 people on trinkets or 13 people for a token was silly in my opinion. Granted there are "dry spells" with the new system, at least you're not competing with others. I've had LFR runs where every boss dropped something and runs where I'm a 28.5g hero.

Would be nice if there was a way to see what everyone got, but it's not 'needed' obviously.

So far I've won 8 items from LFR and 2 items on Sha from bonus rolls. Only one was good.

One was spirit weapon (awesome for Warlocks), four were duplicate items of gear I already got in normal mode and two were for slots I already had VP gear in. The Sha items I got were PvP crap. Incorrect PvP crap for my class.

Why the fel would I roll on LFR versions of gear I already have/other inferior gear/healer gear/wrong PvP items in the old system? That I don't know.

Oh, and the tooltip of charms is false advertising. It describes me as their lucky owner. In what way am I lucky if all I get from them is an amount of gold I can get from less than two dailies (and two wrong PvP items)? Elder Liao should ook himself for his deceptive practices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    There's really no match, this one is miles and miles better.
    The only ones who dislike the current system are essentially the ones who abused the old one and/or those who have been exceptionally unlucky these weeks (it sucks, but it happens).
    I only think that they should add a chance for something else being into the satchel, like flasks, +300 food, gems or something.
    We are all entitled to our opinion. It seems that most favor the new system which is fine. I do want to disagree with the fact that since I like the old system better, I must have abused the old system. I did like the old system, but I didn't need on everything. I geared 8 different alts through there, but only took what I needed. I understand that I'm by far in the minority for being honest and trustworthy - kinda lonely in that aspect in the real world too.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    There's really no match, this one is miles and miles better.
    The only ones who dislike the current system are essentially the ones who abused the old one and/or those who have been exceptionally unlucky these weeks (it sucks, but it happens).
    I only think that they should add a chance for something else being into the satchel, like flasks, +300 food, gems or something.
    Now there's an idea. Perhaps the same possible contents of the bag you get for queueing as a tank/healer in LFD when there's a high demand for them at that moment? Those bags can contain gems, flasks, elixirs, and very rarely pets and rare old mounts.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

the system giving you loot you allready own/not giving you the correct pvp items for your spec (but with correct mainstat) is nothing new, only change is that instead of you passing on the item (or abusing roll and trying to get it to trade with it), you now get something thrown @ you, which is either vendor(DE if you have ench) or equipable.

Sha threw some haste based pvp boots @ my enh shammy, while i prefer mastery over haste (and there is a mastery based one) i use them as it saved me some conq points that i can spend elsewhere, and lfr gave some things i had normal or heroic of. Atleased it gave something.

To the coin issue, sofar i got the following from coins: heroic stoneguards bracers, heroic feng ring, heroic gara fistweapon, ambershaper normal boots, protectors of the endless normal elite ring.
    Yes i have been lucky in that regard, but so have others. And even if the roll ends up being gold, it is FREE gold, so the coin still gives you something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Now there's an idea. Perhaps the same possible contents of the bag you get for queueing as a tank/healer in LFD when there's a high demand for them at that moment? Those bags can contain gems, flasks, elixirs, and very rarely pets and rare old mounts.
    Yeah, i was exactly thinking about something like satchel of exotic mysteries, I'm a bit uncertain about pets/mounts but surely performance-enhancing items would be very nice without having any major drawback.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    the system giving you loot you allready own/not giving you the correct pvp items for your spec (but with correct mainstat) is nothing new, only change is that instead of you passing on the item (or abusing roll and trying to get it to trade with it), you now get something thrown @ you, which is either vendor(DE if you have ench) or equipable.

Sha threw some haste based pvp boots @ my enh shammy, while i prefer mastery over haste (and there is a mastery based one) i use them as it saved me some conq points that i can spend elsewhere, and lfr gave some things i had normal or heroic of. Atleased it gave something.

To the coin issue, sofar i got the following from coins: heroic stoneguards bracers, heroic feng ring, heroic gara fistweapon, ambershaper normal boots, protectors of the endless normal elite ring.
    Yes i have been lucky in that regard, but so have others. And even if the roll ends up being gold, it is FREE gold, so the coin still gives you something.
    Except it is something new, because the old system was not giving items to you. It gave items to the raid. And even that is not precise, since the old system didn't give a damn about the raid composition. To say it gave items from boss is more corresponding to the reality. But the new system is tailored around the individual and in this light wrong (and while incorrect PvP gear is debatable, spirit items for magi and warlocks is damn pathetic) or duplicate gear is a failure of design.

Also, gold from charms is not free. It requires between 15 and 30 dailies to do, before you can waste it on whooping 28 gold. And whether or not is that a total waste, describing the charm's owner as "lucky" in it's tooltip is "inaccurate".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I think the new system works better than the only especially in reducing the amount of bickering and animosity between players, but I also believe it needs to be iterated on to include a few things:

1) An adjustment upward in the chance to acquire loot to account for the effect of loot filtering that naturally takes place as content gets older and people start passing on pieces.
    2) The ability to designate the spec you wish to acquire loot for without changing your current spec. This loot system makes it difficult to run an offspec this expansion unless you play a spec combination with significant gear overlap. This especially applies to plate DPS trying to gear up tank offspecs. Tank gear trickles down pretty quickly due to the relative scarcity of tanks in a 25 man environment.

Add these two things and I think it would be perfect, but it is miles and miles ahead of the old system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the old one better cause it was so funny to see people rage when you ninja looted their stuff lol

Cata LFR = 1 loots in 8 run
    MOP LFR = 5 loots in two weeks, including 2 loots with coins roll

MoP loot system way better, and I don't care if you are a boomkin and you get feral gear or a ret pally and you get healer plate

I prefer the new system, with the exception of not being able to trade gear. Namely if I get a duplicate item I'd like to be able to trade it for some other drop or sell it if someone really wants it (heck if I am in a charitable mood I might just give it away free).

I liked the cata system. It allowed me and my allies to deliver justice and fair distribution of loot to the players who performed well rather than scrubbed it up and got carried the entire raid. It didn't work 100% of the time, but I feel I made enough of a difference to better the World of Warcraft through my vigilante justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Also, gold from charms is not free. It requires between 15 and 30 dailies to do, before you can waste it on whooping 28 gold. And whether or not is that a total waste, describing the charm's owner as "lucky" in it's tooltip is "inaccurate".

How about you stop doing the dailies and using the charms then? If you think the odds are that bad then there is no reason for you to use them and no one is forcing you, unless ofc you acknowledge that the chances of getting loot with the coins are far better then you make them out to be, and admit that you know you just had bad RNG and is crying about it...

MoP LFR is a big improvement imho. No more ninjas. And having to check my gear to determine if it was an upgrade while the rest of the raid ran off to the next boss was not exactly "fun" for me.

The only improvement I'd like to see is what others get. The reason - I like to congratulate people when they get gear. In LFD, it's pretty cool when someone comes in hoping to get a drop. Then, when they get that drop - yay! In LFR, you can't see that unless the person links it.

Deleted
    This new lootsystem is so much better then the old one. In the second half of cata ppl ninja stuff they already had, and sold it to other ppl in the raid for money, and after a while ppl start asking in the begining of the raid, can you need on this for me, and pay lots of gold for it, after a while it wasnt so much loot left to others. So i LOVE this new lootsystem. I hope Blizzard never ever take back the old lootsystem.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I reckon this will be everyones answer.

"OMFG It's sick! I get gear all the time"

"No, it's shit. I hate it. I don't get any gear."
    I'm the second option sadly =(

Deleted
    Why can't people be honest?

Why can't you just say 'This week RNG fucked me, so this new system is the worst thing in the world ever. EVER'

That is until next week when you get an item from every boss, then however you won't be as eager to run to a forum and write 'This new system is the best thing EVER, I got everything I wanted and therefore it's amazing'

Panda one is better if you're an honest person, as you don't have to be a bastard needing on items you don't need and trading them for stuff you do to get your fair (intended) share of loot. Panda one is worse if you're a jerk and didn't mind stealing people's stuff so you can trade it back to them for things you actually want.

With the new system, you can't cheat any more. If you liked cheating, you'll probably dislike this.

My preferred system would be the Panda one, but with the items you win inside the bag you get. So that rather than randomly getting items or a bag of gold, you get a bag that may contain useful items. Right now I feel that the looting excitement is gone, because by the time you're done actually fighting the boss, the looting has already been handled automatically.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.