Shure SRH940 vs AKG K 701

Hey ladies!
    Any HiFi-headphone guru here that have any experience with Shure SRH940 and AKG K 701?
    So I understand they are pretty similar but the biggest difference is the 940 "Closed-Back, Circumaural" and Open as the 701.
    Last edited by xrayEU; 2012-11-16 at 01:13 PM.

Honestly, I'd say you are well served in either case, you just gotta ponder things like comfort and if you want open or closed, cause both are really great headphones.
    Also check out the interwebz for what kind of music each might be better to listen to and compare it to your tastes.

Should be more specific about what you are going to use them for and what other equipment you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Should be more specific about what you are going to use them for and what other equipment you got.
    It will be allround headphones, play games, music and movies. I will basically replace my Steelseries 5Hv2 with these headphones.
    At the moment I'm using a X-fi platinum fatal1ty soundcard but I will probably buy a proper amplifier in the future, need to invest in headphones pretty quickly since my Steelseries headset died a couple of days ago.

K701 is kinda bass anemic but other then that it's amazing. Soft, big, enjoyable, cold. It all depends on what music you listen to.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."