View Poll Results: Will You Play WoW Through The Last 2 Expansions?

Voters
77. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I am looking forward to the content

58 75.32%
  • No - The game just doesn't hold my attention anymore

19 24.68%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Time Flies When You're Having Fun

After many wonderful years, I find I am still enjoying WoW just as much today as the day I installed. In Nov. 2005, a friend of mine told me about this game and even gave me a Free Trial Pass to check it out. I liked it so much, I went out the next day and bought it. There I was, a lowly little Night Elf hunter. One friend, no main, and no idea what I was doing. It took months to grind up to level 40, where I would spend another 2 weeks farming ore and dungeons to make enough gold to buy my Striped Nightsaber.

Are you still enjoying the game like I am? Are you maybe getting bored and thinking about moving on? I realized this is the end of my 7th year in WoW tomorrow. Hope I get to have another 7 just like it again

Yeah, I still enjoy it (since Jan 2009, so approaching 4 yrs... record is FFXI: 5 yrs 1 mo).

I don't take everything too seriously in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am. Gratz on your 7th year! I can't exactly remember when i started, but i should hit 7 years soon aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted no, mainly because raiding is the only fun thing i find that's left in wow. And even sometimes I struggle to raid 2 days a week. Allthough I do see MoP as an improvement from the horror that was cataclysm, but I guess i'm just waiting/looking for the content that gives me a bit the feeling that TBC gave me. Deep in my heart I know that's never gonna happen :')

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

I haven't played nearly as long as you (started in Wrath), but I'm kind of in the middle. I can take or leave the game, it's enjoyable and fun to an extent, but it's more of a leisurely time-passer for me, not something I take as seriously as I used to.

So that particular level of fun isn't there anymore, but it's fun enough to continue.

Started in October of 2006, so been in this game for 6 years. It's had it's ups and downs. I've taken my breaks, some longer than others, but I have a hard time seeing myself quitting for good anytime in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I haven't played nearly as long as you (started in Wrath), but I'm kind of in the middle. I can take or leave the game, it's enjoyable and fun to an extent, but it's more of a leisurely time-passer for me, not something I take as seriously as I used to.

So that particular level of fun isn't there anymore, but it's fun enough to continue.
    I understand completely. I don't play nearly as many hours a week as I used to and have since deleted 20 some toons bringing me down to a rogue and two druids. I log in for dailies, or Sha, and sometimes nothing more than to just fly through Azeroth or Outlands. I don't take it nearly as seriously as I used to, and honestly, I am glad for that. I enjoy it alot more as a casual player.

Personally started in vanilla, and really liked the game till the end of WotLK. Cata didn't do it for me, and MoP is so far pretty meh

I've been playing since 2006, and I'm still really enjoying the game. My guess is that I still really enjoy it because I don't burn myself out on it. Currently, I only play 2 days/week. To be honest, that is the perfect amount for me.

I could never understand how anyone could play this game for many hours a day, every day, and still enjoy it. That would fry my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I could never understand how anyone could play this game for many hours a day, every day, and still enjoy it. That would fry my brain.
    Yeah, when I was between jobs, I was playing almost 16 hours a day. It can get crazy. A lot of my time fell off after I got married in 2008. Makes a big difference between single and unemployed with no GF or married, full time job, and running with the dogs every day after work. Some folks still have that kinda time. I would say I have done my hardcore time and have since turned it into a casual hobby.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing a few months before BC launched, I think that's been six years...not so sure on the dates. I've quit three times and always come back. I still like it just like you do.

I've tried other games but the raiding aspect was what brought me back and having the LFR and LFD systems the way they are makes it much more convenient for me than other games are. I wasn't big on Cata but MoP is fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to play a lot at a reasonably high level but now am in a much more casual (but skilled) guild and am enjoying not fretting about world ranking and guild drama any more. As long as I/we are having fun and progressing at a reasonable rate, I am happy, and it's a much healthier way to approach the game. Competition comes from within the guild now.

Been playing since closed beta. raided hardcore till early lich king, and I was burned out. Took a few months off towards the end of lich king, and most of cata off ( resubbing mainly because of d3, and would play when new content was introduced). LFR is what relaly brought me back. Love Pandaria, love everything about it except to daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    I used to play a lot at a reasonably high level but now am in a much more casual (but skilled) guild and am enjoying not fretting about world ranking and guild drama any more. As long as I/we are having fun and progressing at a reasonable rate, I am happy, and it's a much healthier way to approach the game. Competition comes from within the guild now.
    That's AWESOME! I love it when the guild keeps it in house. So many competitors lose sight of what is truly important when it comes to games and how to actually enjoy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first inhaled the chill air of Dun Morogh back in '05, I knew I had arrived home.

I've gone from hardcore raider to silly hat collector to battleground grinder to casual raider to pet battler and back again.
    And I'm still in the same guild. Core of Insight. Only a handfull of people from those early Molten Core days are still there.

But it's good, and it's fun. And even though we've grown older and have less time or desire to compete the same way we did when we had our server-first lvl60 Kel'thuzad, we're still having a lot of fun, every single day.

The trick is to keep your tongue firmly lodged in your cheek and remember that, above all else, both games and socializing are meant for your entertainment and enjoyment.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Well said

10+ Year Old Account
    Been here officially since March 2007, and I'm looking forward to riding this thing out. I've never had feelings run this deep for a video game franchise (other than perhaps Legend of Zelda and Halo)

First started playing the day after it launched. Took a break shortly thereafter, because FFXI was holding my attention more. Came back right at BC launch and went up until mid Wrath before taking another break, to come back just before cata came out.

Mists has been most of what I've hoped it'd be. A good leveling experience, though too long on alts it feels like. The dailies are definitely a love/hate relationship. The biggest gripe I have is that the raiding content came out too quickly. I suppose it was set up that way to keep the world first runners from being a question of who got the best luck farming the previous raid heroic kills, but still, very distracting having so many raid instance open so quickly, and with that level of diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    The biggest gripe I have is that the raiding content came out too quickly. I suppose it was set up that way to keep the world first runners from being a question of who got the best luck farming the previous raid heroic kills, but still, very distracting having so many raid instance open so quickly, and with that level of diversity.
    Maybe my memory is wrong, but didn't most other expansions have all the raids available right when the expansion launched? I thought MoP had the slowest raid releases relative to other expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    The biggest gripe I have is that the raiding content came out too quickly. I suppose it was set up that way to keep the world first runners from being a question of who got the best luck farming the previous raid heroic kills, but still, very distracting having so many raid instance open so quickly, and with that level of diversity.
    I think you are right about catering to the world firsters. They seem to level to 90 in 2 hours, and are raiding 5 hours later. I'm sure everyone has their own playstyle, but I still fly through Outlands just to see the waterfalls in Nagrand. I think if I ever did quit, I would put on my fave gear, fly up to the top of a waterfall and swandive. Then post a memoriam in that zone and log out for the last time. But as fate would have it, there is still so much to see and do in the game. It is going to be a long time before I give up WoW.
    Last edited by GnomercyBeastmaster; 2012-11-16 at 03:15 PM.