Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I pvped for a few hours last night, there were a fair few rogues in random BGs.

Had one heluva rogue in a BFG that managed to take Mine from under a defenders nose, then control the hell out of me and someone else until it capped, their damage might be down the shitter but the control a good rogue can put out is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    but the control a good rogue can put out is crazy.
    It's not crazy, it's average for wow. The difference is you get to experience it for longer cause the rogue is unable to kill you
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

10+ Year Old Account

Had one heluva rogue in a BFG that managed to take Mine from under a defenders nose, then control the hell out of me and someone else until it capped, their damage might be down the shitter but the control a good rogue can put out is crazy.

Controlled the hell out of you? As in hit you and the other person for like nothing to interrupt you trying to recap it? That all that has to be done and other classes can do it too. Their control is pretty average now, other classes got better versions of their tools.

Deleted
    In short, fotm rerollers left the class when blizzard nerfed the hell out of it for pvp and the only people left is the ones who plays a rogue because they actually used to like the class and did not play it because it was OP, if you where a decent rogue you probably remember how terrible many of the rogues in random battlegrounds used to be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by raintrees View Post
    the kind of people that play rogues are usually those with quick tempers and rage the most. so naturally when they stop being the golden child of blizzard those kinds of people just have a spaz destroy their rogues. thats why there arent many around and blizz had to temp those people with shiney orange daggers *shrugs*
    yeah sure, sitting in stealth and waiting for the perfect opportunity to kill your opponent in the most favorable way possible, sure sounds like raging kiddies to me ~~

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 06:45 PM ----------

resto druids might be a million times more annonying than this :>

Rogues are the worst in pvp that we have ever been in the history of WoW. I'm not surprised you don't see many.

I played rogue for the better part of 4 years, but MoP seems to have taken a lot of the fun out of the class. I could care less about insta-gibbing people. We just seem to have shit mobility, mediocre burst and things just feel very busy. It just wasn't fun for me, so I rerolled. It's really upsetting, because I'll always be a rogue at heart.

Deleted

I suppose you were both trying to recap the flag with the rogue sapping you to keep you from doing so. In all honesty Rogue control is fairly bad and if two people let themselves be controlled by a rogue they were completly outplayed by said rogue and really ought to learn their own class.

@On Topic. There's exactly ONE thing a rogue is good for. Smokebomb. About everything else someone else is better at. Hell if you gave warriors smokebomb and stealth they'd outclass rogue in EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    In short, fotm rerollers left the class when blizzard nerfed the hell out of it for pvp and the only people left is the ones who plays a rogue because they actually used to like the class and did not play it because it was OP, if you where a decent rogue you probably remember how terrible many of the rogues in random battlegrounds used to be as well.
    No, just no. Even good rogues gave up on the class or are complaining and not doing good anymore. Rogues are completly outclassed as it currently is by several other classes and aside from smokebomb there isn't any good reason to bring one along. Their moblity is worse then that of warriors, a plate class. Their damage is average at best. Their control is lacking compared to even holy paladins nowadays. Their cooldowns are insanely long compared to what they provide.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2012-11-16 at 06:37 PM.

I pvp'd on my rogue until 5.0, then its stuck at 85 when they because not only is their nothing new but they lost any kind of spec identity, all 3 specs are the same.

Rogues will be buffed in 5.2 and FOTM people will switch back

"fotm" people barely touched rogue LAST season, when they were legitimately too good.

The class has simply been abandoned, first by the devs, and largely by the playerbase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post

No, just no. Even good rogues gave up on the class or are complaining and not doing good anymore. Rogues are completly outclassed as it currently is by several other classes and aside from smokebomb there isn't any good reason to bring one along. Their moblity is worse then that of warriors, a plate class. Their damage is average at best. Their control is lacking compared to even holy paladins nowadays. Their cooldowns are insanely long compared to what they provide.
    I know what issues the class have, i been playing one in pvp since 3.0, not once did i say that only fotm rogues left, however i know what kind of players where the majority in battlegrounds in 4.3 compared to now, the amount of rogues that had actual skill and was not riding on the wave of the scaling issues the class had was quite few in battlegrounds. This thread is not about the amount of rogues in rated play however, in that aspect i agree fully with you.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-11-16 at 06:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    I know what issues the class have, i been playing one in pvp since 3.0, not once did i say that only fotm rogues left, however i know what kind of players where the majority in battlegrounds in 4.3 compared to now, the amount of rogues that had actual skill and was not riding on the wave of the scaling issues the class had was quite few in battlegrounds. This thread is not about the amount of rogues in rated play however, in that aspect i agree fully with you.
    Rogues were strong because of legendary daggers combined of "Vial of wtf I'm dead". Aside from that while strong they weren't op, at least no anywhere to close where warriors and hunters currently are (even after stampede nerf). In all honesty the 4.3 rogue would blend right in with DK's, Paladins and other "decent" dps.

There isn't any reason to play the class at all as it currently is. Utility they had has been split up while other classes got additional choices, just look at shadow step + preperation being on the same tier. Hell shadowstep has a 24 second cool down while charge has either a 12 or 19 second cooldown and can be used twice in a row. Add to that that warriors also can break roots/snares with avatar (currently get immunity aswell), have their goddamn leap, can rage out of sap and that's while hitting as hard with auto hits as rogues do with their specials and wear armor.

Rogue class currently IS gimped from anything aside smokebomb and a comparable low ammount of burst when using all cool downs at once who have far longer cd's then the warrior ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    most rogs rerolled warriors cause they didnt bother to actually learn their class, just wanted to faceroll on fotm mode ^^

Do people actually believe 95% of the rogue community is "fotm rerolling children"? People are so buttfrustrated about last season, rofl. The funniest part about last season was it was the items, not the class itself, that was OP. I digress.

Rogue is still a great class, the only problem is we lost our niche: Stuns / Superior control. Most classes have as much control as us now, but they were able to keep their overpowering damage along with the control, where rogues have always had a damage tax because of our control.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    How are you winning 70% of fights vs warriors? :/ Is this in BGs when they don't have CDs?
    Dismantle a hoe!!

I actually did 2s last week as combat, and after cheapshot, warrior blew trinket to get out. Popped Killing Spree, threw up some combat points, kidney shot, popped adren rush, shadow blades, and agil trinket. 60% of his hp is toast by the time I'm done and I was at 85ish. From there it's a dismantle, burn, van, cs, and pray your teammate notices what your doing and helps knocks out the other teams' partner. If there's hp issues I'll recup.

Edit:
    Always gotta make sure to throw a recuperate up before most CC against a warrior. There's no avoiding getting nasty hits when he gets out of it.
    Last edited by Ilag; 2012-11-16 at 08:42 PM.

Rogues are the most boring class in the game, even when they were OP as shit they were still boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    So I BG'd for aprox 6 hours straight yesterday and 99% of the time I saw no rogues like at all except 2-3 in a middle of Island of conquest / AV other then that I see none of them like AT ALL

I'm not even joking I literally saw no rogues within that time span of 6 hours but AV and Island of quest. My main was a rogue granted I haven't exactly followed them in awhile with the exception of lurking in rogue forums from time to time soo.. It's kinda weird.
    Well here is an example. Last night i was spamming bgs with some guildies on my rogue. The highest hit i did in 5/6 hours was 60k and that was only Twice. The highest i got besides those 2 was 31k. I didn't even bother trying to hit hard after the first hour i just cced people while others did the damage.

Want to kill a warrior as a rogue? LOL good luck with that.

Want to kill a healer as a rouge? LOL good luck with that.

Want to kill anyone as a rogue? Well you get the point.

Rogues might as well be running around naked punching people there damage is that much of a joke. While warriors run around and one hit people in pvp gear. Only reason i am pvping is in hopes they fix it next patch. If not i wasted my dam time getting a pvp set.

Sub btw.
    Aye mate

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Well here is an example. Last night i was spamming bgs with some guildies on my rogue. The highest hit i did in 5/6 hours was 60k and that was only Twice. The highest i got besides those 2 was 31k. I didn't even bother trying to hit hard after the first hour i just cced people while others did the damage.

Want to kill a warrior as a rogue? LOL good luck with that.

Want to kill a healer as a rouge? LOL good luck with that.

Want to kill anyone as a rogue? Well you get the point.

Rogues might as well be running around naked punching people there damage is that much of a joke. While warriors run around and one hit people in pvp gear. Only reason i am pvping is in hopes they fix it next patch. If not i wasted my dam time getting a pvp set.
    Well now a part of me is glad I went to my lock and another part of me is just dying like a puppy inside for rogues since you know it was my class for a couple of years lol
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-11-16 at 08:50 PM.

I switched over to a feral druid from rogue I just really wanted my skills to deal some damage and not my auto-attacks/passive procs (pve perspective)

Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    I switched over to a feral druid from rogue I just really wanted my skills to deal some damage and not my auto-attacks/passive procs (pve perspective)
    lol u got the wrong class then my friend by the looks of if u know feral is 2nd spec in the game after muti who is like afk during fight i think is somewhere around 40% wait time

Shaman Ele 0.00%
    Hunter BM 0.00%
    Hunter MM 0.00%
    Hunter SV 0.00%
    Druid Balance 0.00%
    Mage Fire 0.00%
    Mage Frost 0.00%
    Priest Shadow 0.00%
    Warlock Affli 0.00%
    Warlock Demo 0.00%
    Mage Arcane 0.02%
    Monk 1h WW 0.02%
    Monk 2h WW 0.02%
    Warrior Arms 0.06%
    Warlock Destro 0.11%
    DK Frost 1h 3.76%
    Warrior 2h Fury 4.67%
    Warrior 1h Fury 5.01%
    Pala Ret 7.50%
    DK Frost 2h 11.18%
    DK Unholy 15.76%
    Shaman Ehance 18.08%
    Rogue Combat 31.44%
    Rogue Sub 35.69%
    Druid Feral 40.80%
    Rogue Assa 44.98%
    something like that after i looked up for u
    Last edited by Kezuma; 2012-11-16 at 09:13 PM.