Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FleckerMan View Post
    Accordingly to Blizzard, Rogues have always been the least-played class.
    Not in vanilla for absolute certain. Maybe starting in BC when rogues began to lose our kit.

They are no longer easy mode skillzor class, so kids move away from rogue and started playing warriors.
    While true to a small degree, a wide variety of players have switched from rogue to warrior (including Reckful, who is definitely no "kid"), for a variety of reasons- raw power among them, but playstyle has become very strange for rogues and very rewarding for warriors in pvp as well. Also note several rogues have switched to other classes that aren't even melee or necessarily damage.

This is so incredibly false it sickens me.
    He's not a rogue. Look, if rogues were fine, I'd tell you that! Lots of us would. Example: Rogues are great in pve. Last season I wasn't crying for rogue buffs, nor any season where rogues were adequately repped.

Having to choose between prep and shadow step is actually a BIG nerf for subtelty...
    Sub could still be ok even with that tier being terrible if we had some manner of other mobility. Additionally, since they went through the effort of homogenizing the living SHIT out of all the rogue specs, how about they all be good in pvp?

The one thing that set off warning bells was when some dev (probably GC) wondered if combat and mutilate were actually ok in pvp, and all the rogues were sub because it was OP. As someone who tried these other specs for over a hundred arena games each season except the first one of Cata, I can tell you- no. Fucking Hell No. Combat gets FUCKED by any kill target with armor, and gets kited like crazy. It has massive ramp up, and is wildly vulnerable to CC during its very small kill capable window. It is bad in rated settings past anything reasonable, and they just won't let it be good. It even had a kit (melee trickery) that they deleted when they took away riposte (and the ability to get ghostly). It takes a year to set up and like all rogue specs, is trivial to kite. I sometimes wonder if you could just flat out add "can't be snared below 70%" to the spec and have it still be bad.
    Mutilate's burst cycle, with trinket, vendetta, and shadow blades, is still less damage than any other class doing like two things. The following cooldowns used to all grant you a crit: Elemental Mastery, Combustion, Cold Blood. Can you guess which two were updated and are awesome, and which one was casually deleted? Mutilate lost energy out of stealth as well, one of many pve changes that hurt pvp all to shit, and requires prettymuch constant rupture uptime to be scary at all. You can't get a kill with scary damage- you have moderate damage that has to rely on your partners controlling a healer (you can blind once a fucking year to help with pressure- even back at 90 seconds this won't be stunning), and your biggest two tricks are damage largely ignoring armor and above average sustained if your opponents are dumb enough to let you stay on target. Slow CP generation with no compensatory damage reduction (like we USED to have in this spec) means that the now terrible recup can't help you much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Rogue was the second least played class in Cataclysm behind warlocks (or ahead depending on how you want to think about it), and would have likely been the least played class were it not for Fangs of the Father. They received very little mechanical iteration between cataclysm and MoP with most of the changes being negative. They currently have mobility issues and are slightly lacking in damage in PVP, but not enough to objectively call them weak. With legendary daggers out of the picture all the FotM rogues have moved on. The actually community of rogues who genuinely want to play rogues is reasonably small.
    well all they do is dps...and who wants more melee dps?
    plus all agi leather goes to bears, then kittens, then fresh 85 hunters / enh shama, then it goes to rogues who were upgrading heroic "previous-tier" gear.
    (joking ofc)

but the "another melee dps" part is so true...sometimes it sucks to be melee. granted...i tank...so yeah always melee...but way to many melee unfriendly fights compared to "ranged" unfriendly...
    we need more loot reavers to piss ranged off imho.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Least played class in wow, close to warlocks. And now that they are "broken" as many says, i suppose people who played them, quit.

For my rogue, its still 85.. I dont really like lvling the same thing over and over, but one day! we will meet in PvP, and you will regret looking for me
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenTaurus View Post
    In short

Class mechanics and rotations haven't really changed or been "refreshed" in 7 years leading to boredom.
    It's a pure dps class that's not doing decent dps.
    Last few expansions every class got pretty much everything (we have an overdose of stuns, sprints, heals, knockbacks, etc...) and all their fabulous "utility" is now 7 years old/outdated and irrelevant.

So yeah. People quit with good reason.
    (despite kids here calling other people kids and making predictable cheap comments like "They can't 2shot people anymore so they QQ" *rolls eyes* Grow up.)
    Yup, this idd. Same reason I don't play my rogue anymore since wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d View Post
    If anyone would like a non-Rogue perspective that actually isn't laughing at them,

I'm planning on running RBGs at some point in the future. A few friends are already in my mind for whenever I get round to it. One is a Rogue, but without Symbiosis (Growl with a very useful CTF cooldown attached) and Smoke Bomb, I would struggle to see any reason whatsoever to bring one besides wanting it to be casual, friendly games.

This is a bad thing for a class.
    Rogues are still very useful in RBGs; ninja caps win games. Combat rogues can also keep up with the other damage classes (excluding DKs/locks obv) and their 8sec kidneys can really tie up healers. Shroud of concealment has its uses (backdoor surprise Water Works attacks for example) and a mage/rogue can pop out of nowhere and blow up an unsuspecting EFC (with stacks) with more success than a feral could thanks to two long instant CC's and the bomb.

RBGs are the only places that we get to fully utilise our control.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    So I BG'd for aprox 6 hours straight yesterday and 99% of the time I saw no rogues like at all except 2-3 in a middle of Island of conquest / AV other then that I see none of them like AT ALL

I'm not even joking I literally saw no rogues within that time span of 6 hours but AV and Island of quest. My main was a rogue granted I haven't exactly followed them in awhile with the exception of lurking in rogue forums from time to time soo.. It's kinda weird.
    I play rogue myself, and why you cannot see any rogues?
    Well, 1st of all every class is better in every way then rogues are.
    We lack mobility, we lack burst (dmg inself is okay, but too passive -- you need autoattack ...), and we lack survivability. Soo bacisly we need everythíng.
    Like some1 stated before, there are 7 well, 8 years now, old mechanisms, which are kinda boring, atleast in comparison to other classes that got *refreshed*.
    Telling again, it is not whining that rogues are not OP like in last season (even when they werent rly OP at all). Im just saying that every class can do better, i have warrior alt, im crappy in pvp with him, and i still blowing ppl, same goes with my DK or mage or paladin alt.
    Even blizz stated that rogues are not weak but other classes are just OP... soo by other words they are weak.
    And nowadays every class have some kind of rogue ability, but better version of it.
    Soo most rogues are simply disqusted playing bringing more skill then any1 else, and simply not beeing rewarded at all, just look at mage Frost bomb crit over 100k like all time? really? I havent done bigger hit then 80k with evis while zerking...

Deleted
    Proof that they dont test stuffs in BETA. Im done with my rogue. Yeah i started playing a bit again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raintrees View Post
    the kind of people that play rogues are usually those with quick tempers and rage the most. so naturally when they stop being the golden child of blizzard those kinds of people just have a spaz destroy their rogues. thats why there arent many around and blizz had to temp those people with shiney orange daggers *shrugs*
    yeh this pretty much :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Rogues are still very useful in RBGs; ninja caps win games. Combat rogues can also keep up with the other damage classes (excluding DKs/locks obv) and their 8sec kidneys can really tie up healers. Shroud of concealment has its uses (backdoor surprise Water Works attacks for example) and a mage/rogue can pop out of nowhere and blow up an unsuspecting EFC (with stacks) with more success than a feral could thanks to two long instant CC's and the bomb.

RBGs are the only places that we get to fully utilise our control.
    In all honesty, on what rating do people allow an rogue to ninja cap something, anything?! And they can keep up with some of the other damage classes, if they get to actually have uptime on their target and can run their PvE rotation, something that isn't very likely to happen.

There's exactly ONE reason to still bring rogues along. Smokebomb. That's pretty much it. Which brings me back to the fact that some other class should get an similar ability so we can finally get rid of rogues once and for all and bring some more usefull class instead, like everything else.

Lol, if they give smokebomb to anyone else I'll rage so hard.

Doubleplusrage if it's those cats again.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 11:04 PM ----------

Edit: Catulence

I think so much extra utility and mobility was added to other classes that Rogues just really lost their "thing".

If you take stealth away from rogues, there's really not a lot to them that would put them over any other classes now.

Sure if you're a good player you can still play them well, but I think if people are that good a player, they realised that if they roll to another class they can just roflstomp people.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mobility is a huge issue. To fix a lot of the mobility issue, I think Bliz should make step baseline and make a tier of talents for it, like they did for warrior's charge. Make prep, CR, and deadly throw baseline again (spec specific for prep if they feel it needs to be) and poof! That freed up 3 talent choices for the mobility ones. Rogues get some abilities back and some real talent choices.

Well this is a bit worrying. I recently began leveling a new horde alt for pvp. It's a rogue. The goal for that alt is to focus on PvP, and a bit of PvE on the side. I hope I won't regret my decision.

I play a holy paladin sometimes in BGs and arena and I meet plenty of rogues. But there are many many more warriors, especially in the arena.

All I know is I am having more fun on my rogue now then I have ever had. Rogue was always the hardest class for me to level and since the MoP changes I am enjoying myself more then I had since I started to try to place this class years ago. Honestly I could care less about my overall power level in relation to everyone else, since to me, as long as I have fun, that is all the matters. Win or lose, I can enjoy myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    What makes you think you should be able to solo a resto druid or holy paladin? Why shouldn't a warrior, who wears plate armor and giant weapons be able to kill this tiny rogue wearing animal skin?

Learn what balance means before commenting on what success is.
    why dosen't kill shot automatically kill your target?

They did not reroll, and they did not quit. Go beyond 2k MMR at 3's and you'll see a lot of rogues running with a spri and a rsham/druid. Their single target burst is quite good and they lock people down with ease. They are basicly a support class, they provide some extra firepower when you need it and they have tons of utility. With 1 minute blind they'll be even more viable. I'm running MLS at 2.1k, hoping for a t2 soon and rogues are there. The problem with a lot of people rerolling is, while they have above average burst, they lack the damage a frost mage/demo lock/arms warrior have. And people like to see big numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior main since Vanilla, and now I'm a kid who rerolled. :-(
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archiul View Post
    They did not reroll, and they did not quit. Go beyond 2k MMR at 3's and you'll see a lot of rogues running with a spri and a rsham/druid. Their single target burst is quite good and they lock people down with ease. They are basicly a support class, they provide some extra firepower when you need it and they have tons of utility. With 1 minute blind they'll be even more viable. I'm running MLS at 2.1k, hoping for a t2 soon and rogues are there. The problem with a lot of people rerolling is, while they have above average burst, they lack the damage a frost mage/demo lock/arms warrior have. And people like to see big numbers.
    One minute Blind is not even happening. As stated earlier, I don't play anymore, but looking at the ladders, past 2k in 3s, I see rogues as the least played class with monks. How can you see "a lot" of rogues if they are a minority?

Care to explain? No, you won't.

Deleted
    I can't speak for everybody but I just find it frustrating, while I'm happy with my control I could probably do it better with a mage, the lack of damage is what puts me off, it's difficult to feel useful when time and time again you're mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    In all honesty, on what rating do people allow an rogue to ninja cap something, anything?! And they can keep up with some of the other damage classes, if they get to actually have uptime on their target and can run their PvE rotation, something that isn't very likely to happen.
    If you push a base before you try to ninja it and get the defender to trinket, there is no reason why a rogue can't ninja the base within the next 2minutes (unless it's a pala defending or a druid with symbiosis). Failing that, send a mage as well with 35seconds of invisibility/shroud. As for damage, uptime in RBGs is easy. I see 2.2-2.4k teams in irc looking for rogues and I really don't think that's just for a 5second smoke bomb.
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2012-11-21 at 11:44 AM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com