Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Did you rogues like stop or something?

So I BG'd for aprox 6 hours straight yesterday and 99% of the time I saw no rogues like at all except 2-3 in a middle of Island of conquest / AV other then that I see none of them like AT ALL

I'm not even joking I literally saw no rogues within that time span of 6 hours but AV and Island of quest. My main was a rogue granted I haven't exactly followed them in awhile with the exception of lurking in rogue forums from time to time soo.. It's kinda weird.

I see plenty of rogues in arena. I pvp as a rogue myself. Lots of rogues got mad when they couldn't isnta gib people during their opener and rage quit to flavor of the week/month. I've put the time and patience into my rogue and have had plenty of success with what I wanted to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    the kind of people that play rogues are usually those with quick tempers and rage the most. so naturally when they stop being the golden child of blizzard those kinds of people just have a spaz destroy their rogues. thats why there arent many around and blizz had to temp those people with shiney orange daggers *shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because most of the kids played rogue. And most of the kids always plays the class whos the most OP. Thats why ur seeing so many warriors now.

yeah, like Reckful and others

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    It's because most of the kids played rogue. And most of the kids always plays the class whos the most OP. Thats why ur seeing so many warriors now.
    Do you have a source that mostly kids play rogues?

Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Do you have a source that mostly kids play rogues?
    http://www.roguecraft.com/movies.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dust45 View Post
    I see plenty of rogues in arena. I pvp as a rogue myself. Lots of rogues got mad when they couldn't isnta gib people during their opener and rage quit to flavor of the week/month. I've put the time and patience into my rogue and have had plenty of success with what I wanted to do.
    by plenty success u mean u run like hell when u see mages warrior hunters or when u cant even get a resto dudu or holy pala below 50% then yes i totally agree with u your success is worthy of showing the state of the rogue atm

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    by plenty success u mean u run like hell when u see mages warrior hunters or when u cant even get a resto dudu or holy pala below 50% then yes i totally agree with u your success is worthy of showing the state of the rogue atm
    What makes you think you should be able to solo a resto druid or holy paladin? Why shouldn't a warrior, who wears plate armor and giant weapons be able to kill this tiny rogue wearing animal skin?

Learn what balance means before commenting on what success is.

Rogue was the second least played class in Cataclysm behind warlocks (or ahead depending on how you want to think about it), and would have likely been the least played class were it not for Fangs of the Father. They received very little mechanical iteration between cataclysm and MoP with most of the changes being negative. They currently have mobility issues and are slightly lacking in damage in PVP, but not enough to objectively call them weak. With legendary daggers out of the picture all the FotM rogues have moved on. The actually community of rogues who genuinely want to play rogues is reasonably small.

Deleted
    They're all stealthed! of course you don't see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    What makes you think you should be able to solo a resto druid or holy paladin? Why shouldn't a warrior, who wears plate armor and giant weapons be able to kill this tiny rogue wearing animal skin?

why should a warrior kill something that shouldnt be able to see in the 1st place my friend or why a healer be able to keep himself alive when u suppose to poison him to death we can theory like 4ever about the how the game should be the fact is the rogue is in a poor state atm and is nothing u can say to change that

Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post

Plate armor and giant weapons are heavy, meaning the guy wearing them is slow with restricted movement. Animal skins and daggers are light.... can you see where this is going? If you want a real world example, secutor vs retiarius gladiator duels - slow guy with plate armor vs fast guy with net and spear. By your logic the secutor should have always won.

Anyway, back OT - a comp can be improved by swapping its rogue for a warrior, so it's hard to find a team that actually wants to do anything other than cap with you. Combine that with a) being a low-pop class and b) being frustrating as hell to play, and you're not going to be seeing many active rogues until at least 5.1 (probably 5.2).
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    So I BG'd for aprox 6 hours straight yesterday and 99% of the time I saw no rogues like at all except 2-3 in a middle of Island of conquest / AV other then that I see none of them like AT ALL

I'm not even joking I literally saw no rogues within that time span of 6 hours but AV and Island of quest. My main was a rogue granted I haven't exactly followed them in awhile with the exception of lurking in rogue forums from time to time soo.. It's kinda weird.
    Did you count how many warriors you saw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    Did you count how many warriors you saw?
    More then enough I can tell you that, Probably within 4-7 every game and god knows how many in AV / Island

Deleted
    I dont think they reroll, i honestly think they are quitting.

I dont want to bash Blizzard but this game sucks. Not the game itself but how you play it. Its like playing mario with a damaged controller.
    You can master it but why the hell do you want to when you can buy a new controller=reroll?

One day you say "im not buying one, i just trash my console and buy a better one." I am sick of the pvp devs, i am so damn sick of them and their bs lies.

I might think of coming back if i can instantly hit 90 on every alt and instantly have basic pvp gear, unable to earn gold or accept quests/equip pve gear which wont happen.

Why am i still here? Yeah there are other subforums.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-11-16 at 04:26 PM.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The rogue community is in such a huge debate-fest about how the class is broken etc etc etc, that's why you don't see em as much. The class isn't too popular at the moment, with simcrafts and worldoflogs showing combat rogues(as well as the other specs) being at the low end of the dps totem poll for PvE and, according to ArenaJunkies, there's not a single rogue in the top 200 bracket for 3s (as of october, might have changed this month). There's a million +1 forum posts at what needs to change immediately in order for the class to be competitive, when in all actuality 95% of the rogues that post want to see something implemented that benefits them individually with nothing constructive. There's so many rogue players that feel entitled to being at the top of the dps charts just because they have been for so long, and now that a majority of the other classes are pulling significantly ahead, most have stopped playing or resort to forum crashing.
    Now, as far as what I think needs to be fixed, is for some of the stat balances for PvE and PvP to be reworked. PvE - if haste can be increased by 3.5-4.25% it can give energy regen it's competitive edge, nothing that will put us back on top of all boss fights, but would make energy regen purdy again. PvP - mobility is the largest argument on the forums that I've seen, and in many ways that's true. But people at the same time don't play the class like they used to. Rogues sit in a 10yd diameter now-adays and take a beating instead of strafing over a large distance, kidney shot when needed and using gouge. Generally I don't get batshit crazy when I see a warrior, and I implement cc's as appropriate. 9/10 I'll get away, 7/10 I'll get away with killing them, but I never expect to win every time. Personally I'm okay with the state of rogues manuverability, a few touch ups can be used, but nothing over dramatic where people are calling for shadowstep to be off cd.

i dont expect to be top of dps chart every time i play my rogue or to be number 1 in arenas every time i play cuz it used to be like that before i want the game to be fair and all the classes to have the same if not atleast close to the same chances to achive the number 1 pve/pvp whatever they like.
    Atm rogue mobility is close to non existent or if u get some u sacrifice way to many things to get it and at dps ye sure we are fine in dps in a long term pve wise where u can do linear dmg for 5 min and be on the line with the classes that pop cds every 3-5 min to be on top , but pvp wise hell no even a resto druid do more burst than rogues so thats the main problem bad mobility and in arenas u dont have the chance to do steady 5 min dmg to say hey rogues are fine atm

Quote Originally Posted by Ilag View Post
    The rogue community is in such a huge debate-fest about how the class is broken etc etc etc, that's why you don't see em as much. The class isn't too popular at the moment, with simcrafts and worldoflogs showing combat rogues(as well as the other specs) being at the low end of the dps totem poll for PvE and, according to ArenaJunkies, there's not a single rogue in the top 200 bracket for 3s (as of october, might have changed this month). There's a million +1 forum posts at what needs to change immediately in order for the class to be competitive, when in all actuality 95% of the rogues that post want to see something implemented that benefits them individually with nothing constructive. There's so many rogue players that feel entitled to being at the top of the dps charts just because they have been for so long, and now that a majority of the other classes are pulling significantly ahead, most have stopped playing or resort to forum crashing.
    Now, as far as what I think needs to be fixed, is for some of the stat balances for PvE and PvP to be reworked. PvE - if haste can be increased by 3.5-4.25% it can give energy regen it's competitive edge, nothing that will put us back on top of all boss fights, but would make energy regen purdy again. PvP - mobility is the largest argument on the forums that I've seen, and in many ways that's true. But people at the same time don't play the class like they used to. Rogues sit in a 10yd diameter now-adays and take a beating instead of strafing over a large distance, kidney shot when needed and using gouge. Generally I don't get batshit crazy when I see a warrior, and I implement cc's as appropriate. 9/10 I'll get away, 7/10 I'll get away with killing them, but I never expect to win every time. Personally I'm okay with the state of rogues manuverability, a few touch ups can be used, but nothing over dramatic where people are calling for shadowstep to be off cd.
    How are you winning 70% of fights vs warriors? :/ Is this in BGs when they don't have CDs?
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

In short

Class mechanics and rotations haven't really changed or been "refreshed" in 7 years leading to boredom.
    It's a pure dps class that's not doing decent dps.
    Last few expansions every class got pretty much everything (we have an overdose of stuns, sprints, heals, knockbacks, etc...) and all their fabulous "utility" is now 7 years old/outdated and irrelevant.

So yeah. People quit with good reason.
    (despite kids here calling other people kids and making predictable cheap comments like "They can't 2shot people anymore so they QQ" *rolls eyes* Grow up.)
    Last edited by ZenTaurus; 2012-11-16 at 04:51 PM.