Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For all those saying L2P Rogues are fine, well no they are not. Look at top rated PvP'ers who were Rogues last expansion and before. They are switching, either to Warriors or Ferals mostly. If you are owning on a Rogue it's most likely because the people you are playing against are absolutely terrible or you are being helped massively. Rogues are in such a awful spot right now for PvP, our damage outside our CD's is absolutely shocking compared to other classes. Our damage with all of our CD's is good but without which is a lot time for Rogues since our CD's are on a high CD, we suck.

Before MoP, I quit WoW for a year so you can't say I played when we were owning everything last tier. I quit when the Firelands nerf hit. I was happy with Rogues then with our PvP setup, we were in a good place, not excessively strong like we were last tier but not ridiculously weak and useless like we are now. We do one thing, deal damage so our damage should at least be good, im not saying OP/all specs #1 but at least compete at the top. Also placing an energy cost on things like dismantle, high CDs and most importantly removal of Prep has hurt us HARD...removed our mobility and control big time. Pretty much if we don't kill when we pop our CD's then we gotta wait another 3 minutes for our CD's to return for us to attempt that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    lol u got the wrong class then my friend by the looks of if u know feral is 2nd spec in the game after muti who is like afk during fight i think is somewhere around 40% wait time

Shaman Ele 0.00%
    Hunter BM 0.00%
    Hunter MM 0.00%
    Hunter SV 0.00%
    Druid Balance 0.00%
    Mage Fire 0.00%
    Mage Frost 0.00%
    Priest Shadow 0.00%
    Warlock Affli 0.00%
    Warlock Demo 0.00%
    Mage Arcane 0.02%
    Monk 1h WW 0.02%
    Monk 2h WW 0.02%
    Warrior Arms 0.06%
    Warlock Destro 0.11%
    DK Frost 1h 3.76%
    Warrior 2h Fury 4.67%
    Warrior 1h Fury 5.01%
    Pala Ret 7.50%
    DK Frost 2h 11.18%
    DK Unholy 15.76%
    Shaman Ehance 18.08%
    Rogue Combat 31.44%
    Rogue Sub 35.69%
    Druid Feral 40.80%
    Rogue Assa 44.98%
    something like that after i looked up for u
    It's about the big numbers I get to see 100k shreds ect whereas on my rogue all that I saw were lower crits and lots of passive damage that just became dull I wanted to see the numbers. and I don't sit still while playing feral in raids since I hace throw out an innervate/tranq insta heals on myself or others if the need is high there is just more for me to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry...blizzard will give them another legendary and people will swarm to play them again....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

the problem with the legendary didnt fixed the rogues in Cata either Dragonwrath was way better than those daggers that the timeing of the proc was most of the time so bad , and the upcomeing gear wont fix the rogues either just like they hoped will happend with the daggers so apepi even after the daggers announce the rogues were 2nd lowest class played in the game because most of the rogues saw were the class was going to and u can see the result were we are today literly the bottom of the food chain in pvp and to pve no benefits at all and ppl wonder why some chose to reroll . Rogues atm provide NOTHING

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    the problem with the legendary didnt fixed the rogues in Cata either Dragonwrath was way better than those daggers that the timeing of the proc was most of the time so bad , and the upcomeing gear wont fix the rogues either just like they hoped will happend with the daggers so apepi even after the daggers announce the rogues were 2nd lowest class played in the game because most of the rogues saw were the class was going to and u can see the result were we are today literly the bottom of the food chain in pvp and to pve no benefits at all and ppl wonder why some chose to reroll . Rogues atm provide NOTHING
    I guess you can't catch sarcasm over the internet huh?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Do people actually believe 95% of the rogue community is "fotm rerolling children"? People are so buttfrustrated about last season, rofl. The funniest part about last season was it was the items, not the class itself, that was OP. I digress.

Rogue is still a great class, the only problem is we lost our niche: Stuns / Superior control. Most classes have as much control as us now, but they were able to keep their overpowering damage along with the control, where rogues have always had a damage tax because of our control.
    Well i had problems with recup. It has nothing to do with legendaries. They just never died.

I still enjoy PvE as much as I always have. That is because I play combat though, and actually have a button to push most of the time. Assassination's waiting for energy just feels so broken right now, I tried it when I first hit 90 and had to switch. The introduction of SS and Prep into PvE for all specs was a very nice improvement though.

Shuriken toss and shiv looks interesting for pvp but that's about the only plus we gained this expansion in pvp(edit:also deadly and instant got made into one). Burst of speed was a flop, whats the point of getting to your target with no energy? We can't even use any of the new cool poisons until we get 4 piece pvp set since crip is mandatory. I also have no real urge to get used to longer CD's, choosing between my favorite skills I used to have access to all the time as talents, and watching other classes get more stuns and rogue like abilities. Rogues have no identity in PvP anymore, why have them when other classes do what they do better. The only exception being smokebomb.

On top of all that our level 90 talents all should be baseline quality of life improvements that are baked into the class. Blizzard's neglect of true fixes for the class and the gradual movement away from how this class used to play in pvp had just been getting on people's nerves for awhile I think. This expansion pushed most over the edge with what I mentioned above.

All that being said I'll never stop playing my rogue. I still have fun playing combat in PvE at least. Heroics are just too fun with blade flurry and combat's CD's with trinkets.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-11-17 at 04:41 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Rogue is still a great class, the only problem is we lost our niche: Stuns / Superior control. Most classes have as much control as us now, but they were able to keep their overpowering damage along with the control, where rogues have always had a damage tax because of our control.
    Haven't seen it put better. Well said, sir.

Deleted
    I think its lol that people who dont know Rogues think its the players... i can assure u the class is broken atm.

Its not competitive on any level atm and due to being pure dps the players cant respec into anything else to try a different playstyle... all they can do is reroll and shelve their Rogue.

check these arena stats, the bottom graph... thats the total percentage of each class entered into arena for MoP. Rogues r so far off the bottom theyll probably be deleted by Blizzard at the next patch :P

http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2012-11-17 at 04:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rogue in my guild is rerolling Frost DK 2H for PvE because they do the same damage and have more utility in a raid environment. Right now for PvE Warrior utility is too good (Demo + Skull Banner and Rallying Cry, two defensive CDs one of which is 100% parry for 8 sec, Hand of Sacrifice like ability) and our damage in Execute phase is unbalanced. And there's the obvious PVP issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Blizzard cant even balance 3v3 that they love so much.

Deleted
    I stopped playing my rogue and the game all together, as I don't see myself playing other class (maybe DK). Dailies, MMR not reset, poor PVP balance and the unexistant work done on the rogue were too much for me. Eventually I'll come back, but we'll see when.

I really dislike each time a Blizzard CM (Or GhostCrawler) open their mouths when talking about rogues. Some ridiculous arguments (see Cold Blood and crit) and some idiotic comments about fun. They have been talking about the class is perfect, that the poster (whoever) can't talk about the community in terms of fun, etc. The community has spoken already and it has condemned rogues to be the least played class. Legendaries put them...above warlocks. An amazing feat.

This is what Blizzard did for Rogues in MOP :

-Spending 10 minutes designing Shadow Dance animation, Shadow Blades and Crimson Tempest and calling it a day. Shadow Walk? Same icon as Enveloping Shadows, no sound, no animation, nothing.

-Glyphs? Let's leave 50% (literally, I got the data around) of them untouched from Cata and Wrath, even the totally useless ones like Glyph of Ambush. Glyph of Kick was not even modified to take into account the 50% CD increase in the skill. Other classes got tons of "You do this, but no longer can do that". Rogues barely got any like this, but we got 5 extra yards in Ambush or 20% extra proc chance in Crippling Poison, a poison that we need (Shiv bonus), but can not use or we lose a poison due to PVP bonus. Amazing.

-Talents? One third of them are directly old skills, the other third is new and the other third is taking old talents and skills and improving them. Not even original with the names.

-Passive damage? Let's make sure it stays high, even if during Wrath it was a problem already.

-Nerf. A lot. Too much. Including the stealth nerf, that was first denied, and then fixed.

warriors took their place, im assuming rogues rerolled warrior?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a 6 years fury warrior player. I like that I don't see rogues in pvp !!! As arms ppl have overpower to deal with dodge. As fury i was always destroyed by rogues cos of: dodge dodge stun crippling. I do like arenas without rogues much more. And tbh i don't think any of rogues i meet this xpack killed me 1v1.
    I bet Arms blows rogues up in no time if i can win as fury
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    As a 6 years fury warrior player. I like that I don't see rogues in pvp !!! As arms ppl have overpower to deal with dodge. As fury i was always destroyed by rogues cos of: dodge dodge stun crippling. I do like arenas without rogues much more. And tbh i don't think any of rogues i meet this xpack killed me 1v1.
    I bet Arms blows rogues up in no time if i can win as fury
    That's great, I'm glad the nerfing of an entire class means you can now play your sub-par spec of choice.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Im another Rogue whose quit the game completely... i guess the top class quitting the game right now is Rogue and that explains why we are by far the lowest played class in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenTaurus View Post
    In short

Class mechanics and rotations haven't really changed or been "refreshed" in 7 years leading to boredom.
    It's a pure dps class that's not doing decent dps.
    Last few expansions every class got pretty much everything (we have an overdose of stuns, sprints, heals, knockbacks, etc...) and all their fabulous "utility" is now 7 years old/outdated and irrelevant.

So yeah. People quit with good reason.
    (despite kids here calling other people kids and making predictable cheap comments like "They can't 2shot people anymore so they QQ" *rolls eyes* Grow up.)
    This is exactly why i re-rolled monk & benched rogue till they decide to actually do something positive. Added to the fact that they completely ignored all beta feedback and let the class go live in this terrible state.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The rogue talents are stupid. Honestly anticipation should be baseline, hell pallys have it. Versitility is a bandaid for an outdated resource system. Dirty tricks,ShS, and prep used to be spec specific. CR used to be baseline. Vanish and CoS CD is balanced around prep, which no pvper will take over step, as step is our only gap closer. Rogues are a pure melee class with NO BASELINE GAP CLOSER. But we are just fine... carry on.

As a rogue...fuck it, I'll continue leveling my druid.