Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raintrees View Post
    the kind of people that play rogues are usually those with quick tempers and rage the most. so naturally when they stop being the golden child of blizzard those kinds of people just have a spaz destroy their rogues. thats why there arent many around and blizz had to temp those people with shiney orange daggers *shrugs*
    What an absolute load of codswollup. Rogues are no more inclined to 'rage' then any other class. to be perfectly fair, have you SEEN the druids whine? its terrible. by that rough generalisation, I should assume all druids are crybaby bitches who want to be the best healer/tank/caster/melee? no.

rogues are in a weaker spot. so some people may shelve them, believe it or not, its a fairly decent way to show blizz there is an issue. (I have not shelved mine, infact, I went from an arms warr TO a rogue)

just had to point out what a godawful generalisation that was. may god have mercy on your soul.

EDIT: for what its worth, rogue damage is absolutely fine, bringing up wound poison was needed as it was better to use deadly then wound at its current damage levels. making it ridiculously useless.

the thing we need is mobility. paralytic + shiv is a step in the right direction, but quite frankly, we have had our entire toolbox broken down and given to others (upping their mobility) and been given nothing in return. which leaves us in our current predicament.

rogues are the equivalent of snipers in fps games. they have so much potential, but more often then not are wasted on idiots.

Other players seem to dislike rogues simply because, you cant see them coming.

'nobody is at flag in mid, go get it' rogue there.
    'nobody is at MT go cap it. rogue there.

and so on and so forth, but even that.. isnt a rogue exclusive anymore, we have druids of all specs, nightelves if still, hunters, heck even priests have a vanish! mages temporarily..
    Last edited by Raldazzar; 2012-11-23 at 12:50 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you complaining about vanish: it is one of our very short list of defensive CDs. Other than vanish we have cloak, CR (if specced), feint (if specced, also huge dps loss), smokebomb (used offensively also). I think I'm missing one but I haz turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    How about backing this claim up?
    Already answered this, but, in short, I don't need to. Why? Because this is who is trying to tell me that rogues are useless:

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    idd i never jumped on some1 and didnt killed , as a reply to Yvaelle aswell that cant make me a disshonorable rogue right i went there and i got the job done as for the betrayers and thrill-killers or whatever u called us well i have to remind u we helped Wrathion to kill his father the one and only Deathwing is the untold story to those who havent done the legendary quest so in a big picture we saved the azeroth yet ppl who dont know that thing ignorance is bliss and those who know are just ungracefull , see Yvaelle nice story for u not only in Assassins creed or where u look (so now in MoP u get legendary gems from Wrathion because the rogue comunity helped him so were is the love we deserve now eh?)
    At the end of the day, I know my experience and capability, and I don't feel like attaching a way to track me down to these squabbles.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grawlix View Post
    At the end of the day, I know my experience and capability, and I don't feel like attaching a way to track me down to these squabbles.
    Please tell me you are commenting on the content and not the spelling of his post. English may not be his first language... just a thought.

Already answered this, but, in short, I don't need to. Why? Because this is who is trying to tell me that rogues are useless:

u know your experience and capability we dont and we dont belive and we dont take your word for granted 1st of all 2nd i dont think is ok to mock those who dont speak english as 1st langue...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Please tell me you are commenting on the content and not the spelling of his post. English may not be his first language... just a thought.
    I have absolutely no interest in continuing this quarrel of semantics, but what language is it that removes all punctuation and types like a poorly worded text message? Normally when someone's picking up English, they're trying way harder to try to make it comprehensible, maybe misusing a few words or tenses but after having a solid grasp of their own language, understand the power of punctuation and presentation.

I'd be willing to slap down good cash to bet to the contrary in this case. Even if I was wrong, I'd be willing to double or nothing that people of his native tongue have an equally hard time deciphering his communication based on grammar alone.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Rogues are currently quite underpowered, so a lot of them quit PvP.

Also, most of the community is happy with this. Just look at the first page of this thread.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Rogues are currently quite underpowered, so a lot of them quit PvP.

Also, most of the community is happy with this. Just look at the first page of this thread.
    It's actually 95% of the entire thread which is quite...funny <.< to be honest with you after likely being obliterated in Cataclysm

AKA Vial of Shadows Legendary daggers dead

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    I'm talking about both. Anyways, I'm done here. A large majority of the people complaining about how bad rogues are were fotm rerollers that played in S11 to get legendaries. People who know their class in rated pvp know that we're alright in rated battlegrounds but could use some tuning in arena, namely in control/mobility.

Rogue = as good as free rating in arena :P just blow it up

I quit my rogue back in Cata, after playing it as an alt since vanilla...
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I'm talking about both. Anyways, I'm done here. A large majority of the people complaining about how bad rogues are were fotm rerollers that played in S11 to get legendaries. People who know their class in rated pvp know that we're alright in rated battlegrounds but could use some tuning in arena, namely in control/mobility.
    Yeah, that's why some one the best rogues in the world over multiple seasons rerolled to different classes this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Yeah, that's why some one the best rogues in the world over multiple seasons rerolled to different classes this expansion.
    Yes, because they could use some tuning in arena, as I mentioned. 8s dispel plus having to choose between prep/step means our mobility needs some work. Your sarcasm, assuming it is, is misguided.

Deleted
    Yes, because they could use some tuning in arena, as I mentioned. 8s dispel plus having to choose between prep/step means our mobility needs some work. Your sarcasm, assuming it is, is misguided.
    With all respect dude Reckful explained just how bad Rogues are right now and cited that as exactly why hes quit the class. Hes finally given up waiting for Blizzard to 'get Rogues right'.

U gotta remember he plays competition arena and therefore must keep his sponsors happy, so he has to play a class which can win with. Basically hes finally given up with a class Blizzard have never really cared about and moved onto a class which has far better skills for arena.

I keep hearing that rogues suck in PvP. This just tempts me to level mine for PvP because manliness and Im a sucker for the less popular classes (I do have a warrior as a main, since I liked warriors before they got mainstream).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buru Diman View Post
    I keep hearing that rogues suck in PvP. This just tempts me to level mine for PvP because manliness and Im a sucker for the less popular classes (I do have a warrior as a main, since I liked warriors before they got mainstream).
    I highly suggest you don't do that because quite frankly they are pretty bad right now from what I've read through multiple and multiple forums :P even one of the kings of the rogue ( Reckful ) switched to a warrior <.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buru Diman View Post
    Dude look at the proof before u try that...

http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

Forget all the whiners on the forums and actually open your eyes to the truth with the data b4 forming an opinion is what i say.

Only 2% of all classes in arena right now are Rogues... its the lowest theyve EVER been, and even Monks r higher represented... good luck trying to get over 2k btw

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    With all respect dude Reckful explained just how bad Rogues are right now and cited that as exactly why hes quit the class. Hes finally given up waiting for Blizzard to 'get Rogues right'.

U gotta remember he plays competition arena and therefore must keep his sponsors happy, so he has to play a class which can win with. Basically hes finally given up with a class Blizzard have never really cared about and moved onto a class which has far better skills for arena.
    A class Blizzard has never really cared about? We are their favorite class. At least, they feel like we're the most polished. We need tuning, is all. Reckful switched because of the reasons I cited. Our mobility and control isn't where it used to be in arena, so it's difficult to win at higher levels of play.

Btw, the R1 team on my bg before reset was hunter/rogue/healer at 2500. Don't think 2k is hard to get.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I highly suggest you don't do that because quite frankly they are pretty bad right now from what I've read through multiple and multiple forums :P even one of the kings of the rogue ( Reckful ) switched to a warrior <.<
    Well I will probably not level my rogue for PvP anyways. But I still dont like playing my warrior in PvP for the opposite reasons. They are just everywhere and I really hate playing flavor of the month classes.
    PvP was one of my favorite things to do in WoW since BC, and I have surely seen my share of imbalance moments. Im just looking for a fun class to BG with this expansion, so far mages are not my style and warriors are too FoTM. I was thinking on melees but I guess rogues are out of the question. Thanks for the swift replies.

Deleted
    Rogues are having fun in CRZ.
    That's where the party's at.