[General] GC comment on evocation

I had not seen any comments in regards to GC's twitter remark.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ghostcraw...53039073763328

Could this mean a consideration of and overhaul to the bottom tier talents and the whole resource system? Or am I reading a lot more into this.

I think you're reading too much into it. I think he was just saying that they're not sure if they're gonna change Invocation in this patch. And as we're now on a release build without it, that seems likely.

I'm not sure I agree with his reasoning though. The change was that you trigger the Invocation buff when you were at full mana. Even with Mana Gems available, you'd still need to Evocate quite a bit to keep it at 100% uptime, even if it was just the global to trigger the instant +15% mana.

Deleted
    For me, it's only saying that they start some thinking on the mage. They tested 2 or 3 things in 5.1 PTR but they won't make it live because they aren't ready.
    I think we can expect more things for 5.2 PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
    I think you're reading too much into it. I think he was just saying that they're not sure if they're gonna change Invocation in this patch. And as we're now on a release build without it, that seems likely.

I'm not sure I agree with his reasoning though. The change was that you trigger the Invocation buff when you were at full mana. Even with Mana Gems available, you'd still need to Evocate quite a bit to keep it at 100% uptime, even if it was just the global to trigger the instant +15% mana.
    That's exactly the issue - giving us 2-5 more seconds of DPS uptime every Invocation cycle would have been too much of buff and adjusting the damage boost of Invocation wouldn't have helped obviously. Likewise, being able to just pop Invocation and then continue dps-ing instantly also probably counters their idea of limiting range DPS mobility. Also, it would be slightly OP in pvp in terms of never losing the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    For me, it's only saying that they start some thinking on the mage. They tested 2 or 3 things in 5.1 PTR but they won't make it live because they aren't ready.
    I think we can expect more things for 5.2 PTR.
    Indeed, but the fact is with now having gear.. Mages are actually been taken to progression raids again in top guilds, and the dps is really good. So to fix something that is annoying, but not affecting our dps, is prolly not high on their priority list. I mean I at least hope it aint, cause there sure as hell is a lot more things wrong with mages atm, and much worse than evoc getting interupted by random raid mechanic 1/10 times. *cough* arcane *cough*

The comment was about the former changes to Invocation. Previously Mages gained 25% increased damage after completing Evocation OR after reaching full mana. GC was just saying that if that change went live, Mages probably wouldn't have to Evocate ever again to get the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    The comment was about the former changes to Invocation. Previously Mages gained 25% increased damage after completing Evocation OR after reaching full mana. GC was just saying that if that change went live, Mages probably wouldn't have to Evocate ever again to get the buff.
    Which makes no sense to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    a trade mark of GC =)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Glyph of mana gem says hello !

This would of made mages more aware of there mana, and give mana gems a use, also it would be better on fights where you can fit i a half evo so you can top off and refresh the buff

Ghostcrawler deliberately double-talks - hiding behind the 'we never intended' defense whenever he gets something wrong.