10+ Year Old Account

Boomkins place in PvP after PvP power nerf

I have a really good time with my boomkin atm, not getting oneshotted like people used to do with boomkins before, can actually kill something 1v1.
    Tho, I really think blizzard will fuck that up when they nerf PvP power to only give increased dmg/healing to what specc you are.
    As a boomy the heals are one of the most important things for your fights, without that you are nothing, you are useless. A dps will get you down in matter of seconds.
    Boomy is fun, and somehow competetive atm (Not even close to other casters, but ye). But after the changes, meh....
    I feel we get punnished for Shadowpriest's and ret's offheal being way to OP.

- Boomkins will fall back to the useless shit they were in cata.

Shadow priests and ret pally heals were op as hell. I dont know what they were talking about with Elemental shamans? Mine heals for crap.. Boomkin is probably the same way. You only get rejuv and have to hard cast healing touch... Look at freaking shadow priests.. Flash heal, renew, shield, prayer of mending.... They should have just taken away flash heal from them.

Deleted
    It's not like our heals are so insanely op. I sometimes crit for 190k with nature's swiftness+healing touch, but that is that. Generally we are ok at pvp now, but only with someone to support us. 1 vs 1 we lose to most casters, especially warlocks and shadow priests due to their extreme self healing. Last night I had a game in 2s vs a single demonology lock who managed to heal around 800k damage in less than 2 minutes, while attacking. This is just stupid.

I think warlock healing is crap now besides dark regen..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am a mage (Not sure how I ended up here) but I do not think boomkins healing needs a nerf, as posted previously with NG and HT you have a nice insta heal with a slighty unreasonable (but not unrealistic) CD, in those ah crap moments, and I see nothing wrong with a boomkin who wants to trade damage and the risk of a complete lock out in exchange for ok healing. I will agree you will be paying the price for spriests and rpala's healing, and its unfortunate

The only class that has two healer specs, with neither of them being viable for PvP currently, has decent off-heals in its dps spec? Unheard of. Nerf!

Quote Originally Posted by Wekapedia View Post
    The only class that has two healer specs, with neither of them being viable for PvP currently, has decent off-heals in its dps spec? Unheard of. Nerf!
    I'm assuming you're talking about priests. And if that's the case are disc priests not doing well? They've always been good for every season since 1.

mana burn gone, imba cc's added to other healers. kabooom to priest fellas

Deleted
    Priests have a @#$%load of fear these days though. You can spend half the game running around.
    Last edited by mmocc7fa9b5d2f; 2012-11-16 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    Priests have a @#$%load of fear these days though. You can spend half the game running around.
    What is DR?

Deleted
    What is DR?
    Obviously something that doesn't count when Psychic Terror and Psychic Scream have a CD longer than the DR itself. You get 8 seconds + 4 seconds of fear and after 15 seconds you get an extra 8 seconds of running around. That's 20 seconds fear over 35 seconds of game. And this is only by the priest. Imagine a mage polymorphing you, or a druid's cyclone and you can almost never play. Also trinket, while helpful, has such a long cd that it's almost useless. I've been in games like this and it's not fun. Blizz has just given too much cc to some classes...

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it could be a little strong but you trade that dps for healing so I think that trade off is good for the amount of healing we do. I just wished blizzard buff our damage and or our survivability where we did not have to heal.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Yeh two healing specs being shity in PvP totally justifies that dps spec can do 75% healing a real healer does, have best teamsaver cds ingame, heavy cc, speed boosters, great survivability. Seriously i shouldn't have pointed this out since anyone who doesn't realise it is a dumb tool, but i couldn't resist.

i've clearly always been playing totally different spec than you guys, since i've for instance had never any trouble beating others in 1v1. Neither have i had trouble being competitive in arenas or rbg's - as long as competitiveness doesnt mean getting rank 1.

It's not definite and I really hope it doesn't go through. Nature's swiftness often has to be used on cc's and healing touch is a 2.1 second cast time compared to shadow priest faster flash heal. They also have renew/pom and pw:s. Rejuv is nice but it doesn't match up to those. With nature's vigil up we can do some big heals but we don't have something like dispersion/ice block/or dark bargain to make up for not having this.

Thing is, even if this nerf does go through, we may be able to heal decently. If I'm not mistaken, pvp power doesn't apply to heals outside bgs/arena anyway, so if you're out in the world with your pvp gear on you can see the amount you would heal without pvp power. I really do hope they go about this a different way tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    It's not definite and I really hope it doesn't go through. Nature's swiftness often has to be used on cc's and healing touch is a 2.1 second cast time compared to shadow priest faster flash heal. They also have renew/pom and pw:s. Rejuv is nice but it doesn't match up to those. With nature's vigil up we can do some big heals but we don't have something like dispersion/ice block/or dark bargain to make up for not having this.

Thing is, even if this nerf does go through, we may be able to heal decently. If I'm not mistaken, pvp power doesn't apply to heals outside bgs/arena anyway, so if you're out in the world with your pvp gear on you can see the amount you would heal without pvp power. I really do hope they go about this a different way tho.
    PvP Power works in PvP zones. If im not mistaking most places in the world are Pvp zones as long as your on a PvP server. I do a lot of world PvP, and I dont notice any differences from bgs/arena. About the same heals.
    Tho, something that could save us is stacking intellect instead of PvP power if this goes live.

Lets just hope it doesnt go through, it would completely destroy boomkins again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to how this is going to work out for boomkins, ferals and eles. I think we can see about a 50% nerf in our healing because of PvP power and the standard 15% healing reduction in PvP zones.

I believe it will force people to stack intel/agility instead which will also lower the damage a bit I believe.

Deleted
    You will loose alot of dmg by giving up Pvp power, you have to counter all that resi..

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    ret pally heals were op as hell.
    The ladders seem to disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I believe it will force people to stack intel/agility instead which will also lower the damage a bit I believe.
    No it won't, becouse otherwise your dmg will be so low compared to non-hybrids classes that extra percents on healing spells will mean absolutly nothing. That's the thing - all healing hybrids got sidenerfed becouse of rediculous SP offhealing. If you take a look on top ret streams you'll see that their healing is absolutly essential to them for staying alive - for example i saw vanguards stream where war/feral were training him from start to finish never changing target and without selfhealing he would've gone down by 3d min.

Thing is that when you're comparing hybrids you've to take into consideration what kind of teams they play in. Ret are mostly playing in straightforward cleaves and their offhealing is essential to cover lack of CC. Then if you take a look on SPs they play mostly in heavy caster setups and taking into consideration amount of CC such teams have, their offhealing becomes miles over the top. Simple example - connecting on Ret isn't much of a problem and Ret at most can remedy it with healing, contrary connecting on SP paired with mage is hard and when you finally manage to get on SP with dispersion&fear down, his mage bro out of peels (cds/drs) and their healer is in CC, SP starts pumping 1/3 hp flashes till he gets backed up.

Imo Rets will take a bigest hit from this change, SPs will be simply toned down to acceptable lvls. As far as it goes for moonkins - spec has a lot of tools to work with so ofc a nerf is a nerf (and for owls it wasn't needed), but it won't affect spec as drastically as it will affect rets.