Thread: monk leveling

monk leveling

From what I hear BrM questing all the way as they do great dps? Or should I Go WW? I've got full boas and the archeology spear for 85.

i would suggest windwalker till 90 such great dps moves some of which brewmaster doesnt have...

brewmaster though if you dont mind taking to long to lvl. as lvling as a tank can be slow sometimes.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=107428
    Rising Sun Kick

THIS is what gives Windwalkers their king-hit burst for effective tearing apart of mobs, but notice it's not trainable until level 56.

Meanwhile:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=121253
    Keg Smash

Brewmaster's big hitter. It hits really, really, REALLY hard, and is learned at level 11.

In addition:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115181
    Breath of Fire

Brewmaster AoE boss. Also hits stupidly hard, and on everything in front of you, and leaves a nice ticking DoT if they have the Dizzying Haze debuff on them (which is applied from keg Smash). Learned at level 18.

Thus, you can see that at least until level 56, Brewmasters are going to be far more efficient at killing things than Windwalkers. Once Rising Sun Kick is in the equation, however, the cat's out of the bag - you'll rip through mobs with hilarious alacrity with it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

BrM is still good to level to though, I would say up to level 80, even 85 if you pull as many mobs as you can, as well as instant dungeon ques. Later on it's just painfully slow if you can't aoe BIG groups of mobs down, and those Golden Lotus daily Mogu have 600k hp... ugh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    BrM is still good to level to though, I would say up to level 80, even 85 if you pull as many mobs as you can, as well as instant dungeon ques. Later on it's just painfully slow if you can't aoe BIG groups of mobs down, and those Golden Lotus daily Mogu have 600k hp... ugh.
    My Windwalker offspec exists pretty much entirely for doing dailies with, because fuck that doing it as a Brewmaster.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Mistweaver is best until you hit 54, then it starts to fall behind. You don't do any less damage per hit than the other two (more in some cases) and you actually attack faster because you can spam Jab with an unlimited mana pool rather than having to wait for energy. You're also completely invulnerable, so feel free to pull enormously large packs.

Note that this was with heirlooms, if you don't have them it might be different.

Rising Sun Kick is the only thing that gives windwalkers an edge in damage until you start hitting the point where "caster" weapons don't do as much damage as "melee" weapons. But the heirlooms don't do that - the dps on the int staff is the same as the dps on the agi staff.

Brm until at least 80. Anything else is just slower. You can pull 10+ mobs and AoE them down faster than any other spec. You're also near invincible.

Mistweaver leveling starts slowing down around lv40. Brewmaster is good with Keg Smash and Breath of Fire if you can find nice big packs of mobs while leveling or are opting for dungeon leveling. All that being said, you can't go wrong with Windwalker dps after you get Rising Sun Kick. You will shred through mobs.

WW when you can get Rising Sun Kick.. BrM before then.

Rising Sun Kick just hits stupid hard. I switched to WW at 85 and kick my self for not switching earlier. I'm 2-3 shotting mobs at this level.

WW when you can.. dooo eeet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    From what I hear BrM questing all the way as they do great dps? Or should I Go WW? I've got full boas and the archeology spear for 85.
    Feel free to look at my armory, I've been 90 since nearly the first week and have yet to pick up a 2nd spec from BrM =P Instant LFD runs, mass pulling daily's, and I still am usually top DPS in scenarios.

I might this weekend just so I can switch before using a coin on Elegon so I don't get that stupid "tank" trinket.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Depends on how you intend to level; questing, dungeons, PvP, a mix of all? If your looking for fast dungeon queue's definitely Brewmaster, pretty much any spec for questing and PvP is whatever flavor you prefer.

Deleted
    AOE leveling with brewmaster is by far the quickest method