Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It seems to me that it would be easier to predicatively heal a 2 stack on a tank who is already getting healed with cooldowns, than if you were to tank swap and then 4 seconds later get hit with an unexpected 2 stack from his strike being used sooner than expected.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    From what I can tell from that HEROIC log, his usage alternates between 25 seconds and 35 seconds.

On NORMAL it's a 20 sec CD, where he often uses it on CD but it can be delayed up to 10 seconds~.

WoL
    I think you are doing it wrong.

Code:
    [20:49:31.193] Blade Lord Ta'yak casts Overwhelming Assault on  Danray
    [20:49:31.211] Blade Lord Ta'yak Overwhelming Assault  Danray 65833 (A: 21795)
    [20:49:31.211]  Danray afflicted by Overwhelming Assault from Blade Lord Ta'yak
    [20:49:56.527] Blade Lord Ta'yak casts Overwhelming Assault on  Danray
    [20:49:56.545] Blade Lord Ta'yak Overwhelming Assault  Danray 210195
    [20:49:56.545]  Danray afflicted by Overwhelming Assault (2) from Blade Lord Ta'yak
    Why didn't Kuriowolf taunt it from you after you had the first stack? A full 25 secs went by.

Code:
    [20:50:17.028] Blade Lord Ta'yak casts Overwhelming Assault on Kuroiwolf
    [20:50:17.028] Blade Lord Ta'yak Overwhelming Assault Kuroiwolf 78868 (A: 208177)
    [20:50:17.028] Kuroiwolf afflicted by Overwhelming Assault from Blade Lord Ta'yak
    [20:50:41.545] Blade Lord Ta'yak's Overwhelming Assault fades from  Danray
    [20:50:47.178] Blade Lord Ta'yak casts Overwhelming Assault on Kuroiwolf
    [20:50:47.195] Blade Lord Ta'yak Overwhelming Assault Kuroiwolf 67607 (A: 325936)
    [20:50:47.195] Kuroiwolf afflicted by Overwhelming Assault (2) from Blade Lord Ta'yak
    And again, 2 stacks. Going to try and put this out here, so correct me if my math is wrong. This is what SHOULD have happened.

Danray gets Assault at 20:49:31.
    Kuroiwolf should Taunt.
    Kuroiwolf gets Assault at 20:49:56. Danray has 20 secs left on debuff.
    Danray taunts at 10 secs remaining of his debuff which should be at 20:50:06.
    Danray Debuff falls off at 20:50:16.
    Danray gets Assault at 20:50:17. 1 stack. Kuroiwolf has 24 secs remaining on his debuff.
    Kuroiwolf taunts at 10 secs remaining so 20:50:31.
    Kuroiwolf stacks fall off at 20:50:41.
    Kuroiwolf gets Assault at 20:50:47. Danray has 15 sec remaining on his debuff.
    Danray taunts at 20:50:52 with 10 secs remainining.
    Danray falls off at 20:51:02.
    Danray gets Assault at 20:51:07

You with me so far? If you do the taunt switches properly, you will not get 2 stacks.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    [22:58:15.623] Itsugo afflicted by Overwhelming Assault from Blade Lord Ta'yak
    [22:58:36.130] Itsugo afflicted by Overwhelming Assault (2) from Blade Lord Ta'yak
    [22:58:39.721] Blade Lord Ta'yak's Overwhelming Assault fades from Lana
    [22:58:56.163] Lana afflicted by Overwhelming Assault from Blade Lord Ta'yak
    [22:59:21.128] Blade Lord Ta'yak's Overwhelming Assault fades from Itsugo
    [22:59:24.298] Itsugo afflicted by Overwhelming Assault from Blade Lord Ta'yak
    First time messing around with the query function in WoL but there it is, if you want here is the log I pulled this from and also one from last raid week.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/inm42zrtpn3rzeqh/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q07qdeqzn8fnkegg/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    First time messing around with the query function in WoL but there it is, if you want here is the log I pulled this from and also one from last raid week.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/inm42zrtpn3rzeqh/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q07qdeqzn8fnkegg/
    Same thing as the other poster. I didn't look too far into the logs posted, but your debuff fell off before the next one is cast and vice versa. Still think you are doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Same thing as the other poster. I didn't look too far into the logs posted, but your debuff fell off before the next one is cast and vice versa. Still think you are doing it wrong.
    Did you miss the part where the debuff fell off on the other tank 3 seconds AFTER I was hit a second time? I do agree there are some of the strikes where the fault lies with us but that is certainly not one of them.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-11-16 at 06:16 PM.
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Did you miss the part where the debuff fell off on the other tank 3 seconds AFTER I was hit a second time? I do agree there are some of the strikes where the fault lies with us but that is certainly not one of them.
    Like I said, I didn't look into the logs deep. Cursory glance. Don't have time to look at every log posted and analyze it for you. Make your own conclusions out of the log, post them, and present your theories.

Maybe it is a bug? Maybe it is a game mechanic? What if there is an actual game mechanic that it will cast it early on the tank with the current debuff? Not saying there is one, but it could be a "punishing" mechanic for not doing the fight properly.

It hasn't happened to us at all, and we are doing our taunt switches correctly.

Like I said, I didn't look into the logs deep. Cursory glance. Don't have time to look at every log posted and analyze it for you. Make your own conclusions out of the log, post them, and present your theories.

Maybe it is a bug? Maybe it is a game mechanic? What if there is an actual game mechanic that it will cast it early on the tank with the current debuff? Not saying there is one, but it could be a "punishing" mechanic for not doing the fight properly.

On normal (I know for 10s, I believe I've seen in logs for 25s as well), it's cast every 20 seconds except when he's casting unseen strike when it's off CD. Then he'll wait for a few seconds after the cast finishes to do it. It's entirely possible, in fact pretty likely, that he'll cast it twice before the other tank's debuff wears off.

The only heroic log I've looked at behaved the way you're saying; tanks taunted at 1 stack and never even came close to getting a 2nd.

I think you are doing it wrong.

Why didn't Kuriowolf taunt it from you after you had the first stack? A full 25 secs went by.

And again, 2 stacks. Going to try and put this out here, so correct me if my math is wrong. This is what SHOULD have happened.

You with me so far? If you do the taunt switches properly, you will not get 2 stacks.
    I understand what you're trying to say but, you are only looking at a small part of the fight (The beginning).

Code:
    [20:51:07.696] Blade Lord Ta'yak casts Overwhelming Assault on  Danray
    [20:51:07.696] Blade Lord Ta'yak Overwhelming Assault  Danray 40019 (A: 55059)
    [20:51:07.696]  Danray afflicted by Overwhelming Assault from Blade Lord Ta'yak
    [20:51:28.197] Blade Lord Ta'yak casts Overwhelming Assault on  Danray
    [20:51:28.214] Blade Lord Ta'yak Overwhelming Assault  Danray 14487 (A: 160833)
    [20:51:28.214]  Danray afflicted by Overwhelming Assault (2) from Blade Lord Ta'yak
    [20:51:32.197] Blade Lord Ta'yak's Overwhelming Assault fades from Kuroiwolf
    [20:51:48.697] Blade Lord Ta'yak casts Overwhelming Assault on  Kuroiwolf
    [20:51:48.697] Blade Lord Ta'yak Overwhelming Assault  Kuroiwolf 115230 (A: 102923)
    [20:51:48.714]  Kuroiwolf afflicted by Overwhelming Assault from Blade Lord Ta'yak
    [20:52:09.197] Blade Lord Ta'yak casts Overwhelming Assault on  Kuroiwolf
    [20:52:09.197] Blade Lord Ta'yak Overwhelming Assault  Kuroiwolf 57569 (A: 460591)
    [20:52:09.197] Kuroiwolf afflicted by Overwhelming Assault (2) from Blade Lord Ta'yak
    Here the 1st and 2nd are 20 seconds apart, and the third is another 20 seconds apart, a total of 40 seconds apart. The debuff lasts for 45 seconds.
    The same goes for the 2nd and 4th... A total of 40 seconds apart, therefore someone would have to take 2 stacks
    The green highlights when my stacks drop off, which is after Dan takes 2 stacks.
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2012-11-16 at 07:42 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Must be a difference in normal and heroic I guess. Make sure to have Guard, and a cooldown available.

10+ Year Old Account

You didn't even look at the snippet I posted, if you do the math you can easily see that three strikes happened over 42 seconds. If you still persist in saying I'm wrong then I will go through and post each instance where similar things occurred. I am agitated that you are persisting in ignoring the easily readable data I presented, I do not like it when people start ignoring facts.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-11-16 at 08:30 PM.

Must be a difference in normal and heroic I guess. Make sure to have Guard, and a cooldown available.
    I quoted myself from the post directly above yours. I am agitated that you are continuing to post when I already conceded a difference between the two raid difficulties. I do not like it when you refuse to read, or ignore my concession.