Macro Sharing Party

Hi Guys,

I'm getting back to playing a bit more and one of the first things I want to get sorted out are my macro's; I feel macro's make my life a little easier and they can really improve my play in certain situations. Please excuse me if there are any errors in the below macros; I am at work and have no means of double-checking them. They will be updated when I get home. Feel free to leave your macros/ideas/requests in this thread.

Below are some examples that I came up with for my current destruction spec (DR, SacPac, GoSac), which I mainly use for PVP.

1) Staalie's Sacrifice Sweetness
    Just wrote this one yesterday evening and I'm mighty happy with how this works out. Basically this ensures that you will never use SacPac when you don't have a pet out (essentially halving your healthpool in the process). It will check if you have a pet:

a) If yes cast Sacpac (which can be followed up with GoSac, as the pet has served it's use to me now)
    b) If no will resummon the pet with Flames of Xoroth; when pressed again it will go to step a) again.

I know this will sacrifice an ember, but if SacPac is off CD then it's better to invest a shard in a pet then in Ember Tap (more effective health)

Code:
    /cast [nopet] Flames of Xoroth
    /castsequence [pet] reset=5 Sacrificial Pact, Grimoire of Sacrifice

2) Heals

Simple macro for combining DR and Healthstone (Glyph). Added a mod, which can be changed to shift/ctrl/alt for the Ember Tap, should all be on cooldown and you're craving some health

Code:
    /cast [mod:shift] Ember Tap;Dark Regeneration
    /use Healthstone

3) CC/Havoc enablers

Using focus and mouseovers is crucial in a pvp situation so I'm adding this; I imagine most will already have something similar set up, but for the ones that haven't yet

a) Sets focus on mouseover
    Code:
    /focus [@mouseover,exists]
    b) Casts havoc, (blood) fear at the focus target when you hold down the shift key; if there is no focus target it will cast on your mouseover target; if that also doesn't exist then it will cast on your current target; if that also doesn't exist you shouldn't be spamming this button.

Code:
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][@mouseover,exists,nodead][] Havoc
    Below will cast Blood Fear, but with the modifier key down it will cast @ the focus target
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][@mouseover,exists,nodead][] Blood Fear
    4) One button portal

Will summon the Demonic Circle with the modifier key down, will teleport you if this is pressed without modifier

Code:
    /cast [mod:shift] Demonic Circle: Summon, Demonic Circle: Teleport

5) AOE Immolate/Incinerate

In situations where you encounter densely packed groups I love this macro; make sure you keep RoF up while spamming this beaut.

Code:
     /castsequence [mod:shift] Fire and Brimstone, Immolate; Fire and Brimstone, Incinerate

That's all I can come up with for now. Please leave your macros/ideas/suggestions/requests.

Regards

Staalie
    Last edited by Staalie; 2012-11-16 at 09:19 AM.
    Read the signature rules

Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post
    Using focus and mouseovers is crucial in a pvp situation so I'm adding this; I imagine most will already have something similar set up, but for the ones that haven't yet
    After vigorous testing, I get superior results having Havoc on a Lasttarget macro. A Mouseover macro requires your mouse to be on the target at the time you cast the spell, which is a very narrow window when you are engaged in any situation involving heavy movement. A Lasttarget allows you the entire duration of your current cast to select the target of your havoc, and then instantly switches you back after you cast Havoc.

Code:
    /cast Havoc
    /targetlasttarget
    Last edited by Iry; 2012-11-15 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iry View Post
    After vigorous testing, I get superior results having Havoc on a Lasttarget macro. A Mouseover macro requires your mouse to be on the target at the time you cast the spell, which is a very narrow window when you are engaged in any situation involving heavy movement. A Lasttarget allows you the entire duration of your current cast to select the target of your havoc, and then instantly switches you back after you cast Havoc.
    Alright Iry, mind sharing the Macro you are using, so that people have a choice? Thanks!
    Read the signature rules

One button application of all 3 dots. The Shift mod allows you to cast soulburn if you need it to summon a pet, or for SoC. The CTRL mod allows you to cast Soul Swap without Soulburn if you need to.

Code:
    #showtooltip Soulburn
    /cast [nomod] Soulburn
    /cast [nomod] Soul Swap
    /cast [mod:shift] Soulburn
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Soul Swap
    One button Doom/Corruption application. Allows you to easily cast doom. An added benefit of this macro is when you have multiple targets, it can also be used to cast corruption on your secondary target. CoE the first target, apply corruption, then Doom (with this macro), switch targets, cast doom (no macro, should already be on your bar or keybound as corruption), then use this macro to cancel meta and apply corruption. CoE the 2nd target and switch back to primary.

Code:
    #showtooltip Metamorphosis: Doom
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /cast Corruption
    This macro allows you to target someone and let everyone know how you really feel about their sub-par performance. This will post in your last active chat, or say if you haven't talked or the channel doesn't exist.
    Code:
         >->O
          \o/
           |
          / \
    %t was carried!
    This macro allows you to target someone and make an example out of them for standing in bad. Substitute "got cleaved" for "stood in fire" or whatever they got hit by. This will post in your last active chat, or say if you haven't talked or the channel doesn't exist

Code:
    |----------This is %t
    |     |         %t got cleaved
    |     O   
    |    /|\
    |     /\
    |________ Don't be like %t
    That's all I got, enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I really like to make things as brainless as possible.

Demo AoE Macro's:
    Code:
    /cast [nostance] hellfire
    /stopwatch 8
    /stopwatch play
    /castsequence reset=target/8 immolation aura, void ray, void ray, void ray, void ray, void ray
    Code:
    /target player
    /targetlasttarget
    /click BT4Button43
    Switch BT4Button43 with whatever button you use for the first one to have an easy reset to the cast sequence macro.

These are kind of obvious ones, but save you a lot of time when you are switching talents.

Level 30 Talents in one button
    Code:
    /cast howl of terror
    /cast shadowfury
    /cast mortal coil
    Level 45 Talents in one button
    Code:
    /cast Sacrificial Pact
    /cast dark bargain
    /cast soul link

Lol @ WhyDrood, I will definitely use the "carried" macro... haha awesome

@zinnin, the tier macro's are very useful, thanks for that! Regarding your DEMO AOE macro, don't you trigger the 8 second reset every time you press the button (spamming void ray will postpone the reset?)
    Read the signature rules

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post
    Lol @ WhyDrood, I will definitely use the "carried" macro... haha awesome

@zinnin, the tier macro's are very useful, thanks for that! Regarding your DEMO AOE macro, don't you trigger the 8 second reset every time you press the button (spamming void ray will postpone the reset?)
    Yes, that's why there is a reset button. But if you are doing nothing but spamming it, once you get to the last void ray IA's duration will be at 0-1, and it will start over at the beginning. It takes some getting used to I guess, but I like spamming one button when I can.
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2012-11-15 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was using the same Tier macros as you were Zinnin, till I found this on a forum( think it was this one).

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntMacroes.html

It shows the tool tip and icon for the talent that you currently have selected. Very helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    /cast [stance:0] Metamorphosis
    A mashable means of casting Meta without risk of cancelling it.

Code:
    /cancelaura Metamorphosis
    A mashable means of leaving Meta without risking re-entering.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Banish; Banish

^Banish on mouseover if possible, otherwise will attempt to banish your main target

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Axe Toss; Axe Toss; [mod:ctrl,target=mouseover] Axe Toss
    /cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Optical Blast; Optical Blast
    /cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Mesmerize; [mod:ctrl,target=mouseover] Mesmerize; Mesmerize

^all around Demo Sup pet macro

updated my macros when I came home. Would love to see some more creativity from the lock community; think Lock by far has most use for macro's; I'll share one more:

Code:
    #showtooltip Dark Soul: Instability
    /use 14
    /cast Grimoire of Sacrifice
    /cast Dark Soul: Instability
    This will use your trinket, cast dark soul and sacrifice your pet for some nice numbers. I left Unending Resolve out of this one as I like to trigger this when it's really needed
    Read the signature rules