Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

No More Twinkies!

I guess they can survive a nuclear holocaust, but not bankruptcy.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/16/news...html?hpt=hp_t1

10+ Year Old Account
    I just heard about this. So sad

It's likely they'll be bought and the production resumed, of course.

Just another reason to disband unions.......
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Yep, bet the bakers union didn't see that one coming.

Welcome to 0bama's America. Grab your popcorn because its just getting good. In a few months, it will make what is happening in Greece look like a discussion about a short drawer at McDonalds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    welcome to 0bama's america. Grab your popcorn because its just getting good. In a few months, it will make what is happening in greece look like a discussion about a short drawer at mcdonalds.
    MiSSURRÄ .

15+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to 0bama's America. Grab your popcorn because its just getting good. In a few months, it will make what is happening in Greece look like a discussion about a short drawer at McDonalds.
    Right because a labor dispute at a company that goes back prior to the election is Obama's fault. Sure. Hostess has been in financial trouble for a long, long time now thanks to mismanagement. This isn't really a surprise at all. The strike was just the final nail in a coffin they have been crafting for years.

The good news, Hostess is auctioning off all their recipes so the Twinkie will continue to be produced by another company most likely.

Haven't had a Hostess product in forever. I think I am going to stop at the store and buy a box or two of potentially the last ones ever produced if the recipes aren't put back into production by someone else eventually.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-16 at 04:35 PM.

Hers is an idea. Obama can bail out hostess and Michelle Obama can start making whole wheat, tofuwinkies with sprinkles of dehydrated kale, yummy!!!!!!

Not sure if trolling.

Also, the unions only cover 5,000 of the 18,500 employees.

And if you even bother to read the article and not just sit there being completely ignorant:

Hostess filed for bankruptcy in January, its second trip to bankruptcy court since 2004.
    Clearly Obama's fault! This absolutely would not be happening exactly the same if Romney was elected.
    Last edited by Silhouette of Seraphim; 2012-11-16 at 04:41 PM.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

and, if romney got elected, and the exact same thing happened at the same exact time, you still would've blamed Obama, because you are the type who wants to scapegoat everything.

Not Obama's fault. It is the fault of the company and the union, shared.

Enjoy your bandwagon, you can ride it with the rest of the sheep who follow the lies and corruption of the 'fake' two party system ... who raised way too much money for their campaigns, while people starved to death and had their houses foreclosed on.

I'd vote for a candidate that took those millions of donations and helped out people in need. Real debates would be published. Everything they do is put on youtube whether they like it or not. All this waste of money for something that could be done very cheaply (discussing issues and having a REAL debate is virtually free), while they divide the people into sub-groups so they can in-fight instead of actually taking care of each other as a whole (they are just as american as the one they are bickering with) ... we'd see a much better standard of living and quality of life, for all. Oh, don't forget, freedom and equality (which the republicans are bad at ... gay? not equal. freedom? only if you do what I think you should do ... and if you do what we tell you, we still won't help you (abortion, hell no, even if you are raped ... have the kid you can't afford, and you can lose your house and die from not being able to afford food or medical care).

So, basically, you have fell for the bullshit, hook, line, and sinker. Both sides are corrupt, but you champion the hate they want you to spread. It keeps them in control. Good little sheeple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Hers is an idea. Obama can bail out hostess and Michelle Obama can start making whole wheat, tofuwinkies with sprinkles of dehydrated kale, yummy!!!!!!
    I died a little inside thinking about how disgusting that would be.

Don't bring presidential politics into it, it's not going to get anywhere. It wouldn't matter who has been president. Hostess has been on a constant downslide for years. They went bankrupt twice.

Not to mention, no more Wonder Bread! I no longer fear walking into the bread aisle, as I have long believed Wonder Bread to be evil in bread form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I died a little inside thinking about how disgusting that would be.
    More disgusting than the original twinkie?

Then again the fact that no real food goes into a twinkie is what makes them so delicious!
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    Then again the fact that no real food goes into a twinkie is what makes them so delicious!
    *cue Kanye*

I'm sorry, but Little Debby made the best snack items of ALL TIME. (Swiss Cake Rolls and Zebra Cakes).

Hostess, you will not be missed...

By me anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    *cue Kanye*

I'm sorry, but Little Debby made the best snack items of ALL TIME. (Swiss Cake Rolls and Zebra Cakes).
    Oh god dammit now I want one. Thanks, Ruk, thanks a lot.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

While I'm not defending the president, you're flat out wrong to the cause here.

Hostess is shutting down because no one is buying their products. No one is buying their products because the competitors offer superior, cheaper products. They're just too expensive. Little Debbies is pretty good. Twinkies are a relic of the past before other yummy treats were conceived.

10+ Year Old Account
    *cue Kanye*

Swiss Cake Rolls really are far superior to Ho Hos.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Ho ho's the only snack cake that ever mattered.

*cue Kanye*

Don't forget those peanut butter chocolate things.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.