Deleted

Wep & spec choice?

I just got some new weapons and im not sure what would be the best spec / weapon combination to play in the specs.

I play assassination with Dagger of the seven stars normal version (489) and Amber Slicer of Klaxxi'vess (463)

Will playing assassination with that weapon combination be better dps than combat with: Claws of Shek'zeer LFR (483) and Dagger of the Seven Stars normal (489)? Or will combat be even better or worse with Claws of Shek'zeer LFR (483) together with The Horseman's Sinister Slicer (470)?

Im talking a single target fight.

I can assure that combat with Claws & Horseman's sword is going to be worse than claws + dagger.

That said, I'd say go assassination.

10+ Year Old Account
    For single target, with the same or better MH weapon, assassination >>> combat.

Combat weapons: highest ilevel 2.6 MH, highest ilevel weapon still available OH. The 1.8/2.6 discussion only comes into play if you have 2 options at the same level.

Except for the horseman's sword in the off hand. A 463 blue is better unless you need the hit/exp on the shitty sword. Seven item level points of dps is negated by 111 missing agility.

You should try Sub rogue.

Deleted
    So combat claws + dagger wont be better than assassin with the epic dagger + blue dagger?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I was seeing combat SLIGHTLY edge out assassination when it had a 26 ilevel MH advantage, but only by ~4-5%. With equal MH, assassination is WAY ahead.

Deleted
    Do you think Sub might be better, considering that i would be able to use the dagger in main hand and the fist in offhand ?

Sub is kinda crap atm. Mutilate is definitely the superior singletarget and AoE specc, although the difference in singletarget is not quite as big as most people make it out to be, it is however not unlikely that Mutilate would still beat out Combat on singletarget, it would obliterate Combat on AoE fights and Combat would, obviously, crush Mutilate on cleave fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. The offhand matters the most for combat, and for sub, you're losing poison procs to raise the auto-attack value, while sub is behind assassination at all current gear tiers anyway.

While sub can use the higher ilevel fist in the OH, it isnt recomended for sub as it is less poison damage with no real increase beyond being a better weapon. So sub -can- use it, but not optimal

Mut, while actually using the offhand for mutilate, dosnt depend a huge amount on offhand damage. its more about the stats and how they effect your poisons damage. your offhand in mutilate is mainly a means of applying your poison.

With this set up, i would say mut without question for single target tank and spank, with combat being a viable choice (fist/dagger not dagger/sword)