View Poll Results: You are offered 3 free epics. How many do you take?

Voters
304. This poll is closed
  • 0. I want to earn my own gear.

28 9.21%
  • 1. A free major upgrade is too good to pass up.

39 12.83%
  • 2. I take upgrades from where I can get them.

48 15.79%
  • 3. Free is free.

189 62.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I'm sorry what? I wasn't aware the OP was a sock puppet of yours.
    Of course, duh! :P

(I'm joking, of course...you should try it some time)

I'd choose #3 and take a corrupted ashbringer for my warrior.

Sock puppet here. Actually Rivellana is in the right ballpark. I left it ambiguous intentionally for people to interpret how they will. I'm not taking a position myself -- just trying to see what the community would do with the option for free effortless gains. Interesting to see the numbers in EACH category. Also some good comments/discussion. Hopefully no flame wars start -- its just a fun poll.

I assumed these free epics are treated differently than any you craft/get to drop, trade with/make for guildies, buy with valor/gold, or other things where you ARE putting forth more effort than just logging in, even if that effort isn't necessarily hard. Wonder if all the "All 3"s would answer the same if it was more, BiS, or even fully geared. I can understand the position killing bad guys is the goal/fun but its hard to argue that gear isn't bliz's main carrot on a stick.

And yes, cursed items only if it comes with a free frogurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    I can understand the position killing bad guys is the goal/fun but its hard to argue that gear isn't bliz's main carrot on a stick.
    Well, while it's true that gearing is one of the ways the Blizzard keeps players doing content, for me, gear is simply a means to an end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You're right I missed the part of the thread where it stated all the items were BiS heroic and instead of 3 pieces you received 17. Please it's so funny seeing you trying to look the part of a hardcore when even then they'd take it if it meant they could down something faster to get even more rewards. You are aware the point of most MMO's is character progression right?
    Yes i am, and i would not call it progression if you are just handed rewards without effort. enough said!

Edit: Also, i never said i was a hardcore gamer, nice assumption you made there just cause i rather earn my own gear and get the rewarding feeling you get from finally getting something you have worked/put down time to get your hands on.
    Last edited by mmocf83d81c154; 2012-11-17 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take any upgrade; even if the item levels are identical to something I already have, but the stat distribution is better...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would take all 3 and even ask "Please sir, may I have some more"

No, but really I would gladly take all 3 of them. Just like the answer I chose, free is free, I'll never turn down anything that's free.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    ./ignore because they're duped shit that will get me banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take all, disenchant what I don't need.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Well, while it's true that gearing is one of the ways the Blizzard keeps players doing content, for me, gear is simply a means to an end.
    Be that as it may, I'm pretty sure that if the majority of players had the option to simply walk up to the boss and open a trade window for gear they need they wouldn't hesitate to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's change the rules even more:

3 items:
    1 - Major upgrade (you receive a +30 average item level)
    2 - Minor upgrade (you receive a +5 average item level)
    3 - Statless transmog piece.

the 1st item you pick have a curse decreasing all stats of you and the weapon with 50% while equipping it, item level remains the same.
    the 2nd item you pick crumbles to ashes upon touch. The ash is worth 100.000 gold.
    the 3rd item you pick turns into a transmog piece.

I don't get it.

I really don't get this thread.

Based on the poll option "I want to earn my own gear," I'm assuming the OP is trying to "subtly" pull some stunt about showing that people... want free epics. Or something. Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    I'd rather raid and earn my gear. Getting free epics is like cheating. I will never understand or do it.
    How's it any different than getting a world drop or buying something off AH?

Deleted
    it's a traaaaap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    How's it any different than getting a world drop or buying something off AH?
    If they loot it of something they killed, they killed something for it? If they buy it, they payed for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would politely ask to only take one.

"Oh, I couldn't possibly take all of them but you're so generous, and I don't want to seem like I'm turning down a gift because that's rude..."

If they insisted, I would buckle quickly but I would feel bad to take all three.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    well considering all i ever did was pvp, and half the enjoyment is grinding out the games to obtain the epics, i see this as shortening any enjoyment i would have in obtaining them so i vote 0.

in a carrot on a stick, gear treadmill game, having the gear thrown at you only burns you out due to there being nothing to obtain. however if for instance this deal was offered at the end of a tier and a new tier was being released soon, i would take all 3, so that i wouldnt be behind and drag any progress down

10+ Year Old Account
    I would only take the sidegrade item if no one else needed for ms or os.