Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Obviously you can't agree with everything on their list but I think this is a pretty good one. I've seen too many top 100 lists that failed to name games that should have easily been on there. I read a list the other day that didn't include Resident Evil at all, which blows my mind.

How is it that the only Elder Scrolls game that made it onto the list is also the one that's widely accepted as the worst?

And lol at a card game beating WoW, Diablo 2, Bioshock, and Counter-Strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halo is a little high on the list. It neither invented nor revolutionized anything about the first-person-shooter. Notably, it did usher in the modern age of online multiplayer gaming on consoles, but it's still a little inflated even given that.

Mass Effect 3 is similarly inflated. If it's assumed to stand for all three Mass Effect games as a whole, I can certainly agree with its place on the list, but not in 10th place.
    Last edited by insmek; 2012-11-19 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    I won't start taking these greatest games of all times list seriously for another 10 years. By then enough people who grew up playing REAL video games (on consuls and computers) will be the people making these.
    i imagine that plenty of people working for those publications grew up playing on consoles, or are at least of the proper age that they could have. people aged 30-40 (which i'd imagine includes some or most of their staff) had consoles... i know it's hard to believe there was electricity back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I am one of the few who finds FFVII to not be super crazy awesome. I can't believe FFVIII isn't on the list. For it's time that graphics were incredible and a real break through. To this day one of my all time favorites. Tactics? wth
    7 probably made the biggest impact of the series throughout the world. If anything Tactics should have been higher and FF9 should have been on that list. Or they should have scrapped sequels and just stated plainly *Final Fantasy Series* under a spot on the list, as most every game in the series until recently was pretty well received and had great parts to it (possibly not including FF2).

All in all, it's another list not put together by actual gamers, and even if it was there would still be disputes on positions because of opinions are opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deus Ex, 69.
    Half Life 2, 43.
    Thief, 87.

Apparently solitaire is better than these titles. It's not surprising a list this awful came from CNN/Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Considering it's a generational thing, Pong was the greatest thing ever back in the 70's, same goes for Pac Man.
    That should not be how you rank a list. Retro games still hold up to this day, Pong does not. Pac-Man is still addicting though.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-11-19 at 06:44 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, what a garbage list.

Paperboy? Are you fuckin kidding me?

At least Marathon made the list... deserves to be way higher.

Wheres Ocarina of Time? That should be top 10
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2012-11-19 at 06:49 AM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Mass Effect 3 on there atall.
    And at number 10.
    Hahahahaha
    I had the same reaction. What the fuck were they smoking when they came up with that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The Oregon Trail
    Really? Where the heck is Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, Secret of Monkey Island, The Longest Journey or X-COM? This kind of lists are always biased but I cant complain that such things appear on a major news site.