Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't think I know even 2/3rds of these games.

35 Solitaire
    36 World of Warcraft

Wont lie...i LOL'd.

glad to see resident evil on there big fan of the games spent so many hours playing them

10+ Year Old Account
    10 Mass Effect 3
    36 World of Warcraft
    Wait... WHAT?

Mass Effect 3 was a good game. Perhaps even a great game if you can stomach the ending. It is not, by any definition of the phrase, one of the best games ever. Not even close. Hell, it's not even the best game in it's own trilogy (that honor goes to the first game).

Also, WoW should be much higher. I know it's much maligned outside of it's community, but it's still one of the most imitated, most successful, and most ambitious games ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mortal Kombat > SF II????? Oh boy...

Super Mario 64, Tetris, Mario Kart, World of Warcraft, and Street Fighter are my definitive Top 5 Games of All The Times.

Deleted
    51. Angry Birds ...

No Heroes of might and magic 3 + expansions or Heroes of might and magic 2. They have given countless hours of joy through the years!!

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post

No other title in the Zelda franchise will EVER come close to the original.
    The first game was garbage compared to each successor. You can only take nostalgia so far.

Mass Effect 3 at number 10? I laughed, and then I stopped and felt a bit sad, but then i laughed some more!

Deleted
    if not for the ending mass effect 3 may have belonged near the bottom of the list. but SO many games missing from that list and the order seems to be completely missmatched

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Where's BG2?
    I'm so glad this was the first reply to this thread. It was the first thing I thought when I read the list, too.

i feel like this list was generated by polling abunch of 55 year old dudes. lol pac man number one and solitaire is number 21? yea ok. nostalgia is a hell of a drug lol

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Where is Duke nukem? Where is C&C games? (and no dune doesnt count as C&C)

This list fells bribed!

Also junk games:
    The Oregon Trail, Breakout, Punch-Out!!, Solitaire, Tecmo Bowl, Wii Sports, Desktop Tower Defense, Flower, Hunt the Wumpus (those dont desere too be called games at all)
    I'm guessing you are very young, because anyone 25+ would never say such blasphemy about Tecmo Bowl and Oregon Trail. EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

I stopped reading at Mass Effect 3 at position 10.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

games today are made to profit
    games 20 years ago were made to alleviate boredom

you can't compare the 2 types of games because today's games aren't meant to stand the test of time. they're meant to last a month

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    No other title in the Zelda franchise will EVER come close to the original.
    I strongly disagree. The original laid the foundation and set the scene, but A Link to the Past is superior in every way. So many things that are now considered classic Zelda staples originated in that game. I find it much more fun to play now than the original, and I think that if a game is still fun to play, that's what makes it great, not just nostalgia.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oregon Trail 4th? I remember playing that game as a child and it sucked!
    The entire list is just ridiculous anyway, I mean Wii Sports, seriously?
    So yeah until they hire some people whom actually know their games I won't be taking this list serious.

Looks more like a 'Most important games of all time' list than the greatest games. Even then there's some questionable entries (what is Mass Effect 3 doing so high up?).

To all the people complaining about solitaire on the list, you have to take into consideration that it remains the 'only' game I have ever seen my father and uncle play. I'm sure this would be the same for many other households.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Defender was an abomination of a shooter game, buggy as hell but at least it loaded quickly...? Kronos was a far better example of the genre.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

I see Final Fantasy 7, but I don't see 6 (3 in the US) or 4 (2 in the US). This is not satisfactory. They put up Final Fantasy Tactics over FF3? Yeah, who made this list? Obviously not someone who plays video games. They also put up King's Quest (great game and series) but none of the Space Quest games which to me were just as entertaining if not more so.

As for the Solitaire debate, I'm thinking since people who don't even play video games still play Solitaire it's probably fairly popular. Before they had Solitaire on the computer I used to play with actual cards. Reshuffling and dealing took forever. Now you can just sit at the computer and play 2 games in the time it takes to shuffle and deal one game manually.
    Last edited by tibben; 2012-11-16 at 10:29 PM.