Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a top 100 list.

This is a random list of 100 games.
    Putin khuliyo

Well things like this are so subjective. I mean number one for me would be Civilization with Minesweeper as number 2.

Mortal Kombat above Street Fighter II?
    No Super Metroid?

HA! Funny list. Now bring me the real one.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzow View Post
    Sorry, but I'll start taking these lists seriously when people who actually play games and know what they are talking about make them
    This.

Pong at #3?

They're telling me that Pong is more enjoyable to play than stuff like WoW? Zelda? etc.

No, just because it is an oldie does not mean that is one of the greatest games ever, sorry.

I hate this mindset of "It was one of the first, therefore it's one of the greatest games." No, that's two entirely different categories. No matter how great a game is, it can never take the title as "One of the first," which is a godly title in among of itself.

HOWEVER, I refuse to believe I'd have much more of an enjoyable time playing pong on a friday night than Halo 4 multiplayer, see my stance now?

No Command & Conquer on that list? Alongside Dune, it pretty much created the RTS genre, it deserved to be on that list.

And I lol'ed at this:

#3 Pong
    #36 World of Warcraft

Pong was just a game that some guy could make in his garage, its nothing spectacular. The gameplay is repetitive and gets boring quick. Mario deserves to be #1, they did so much more than Pac-Man ever could.

Then again, yet another list from some guy or company who randomly picks out games, and think they can make a list like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    No Command & Conquer on that list? Alongside Dune, it pretty much created the RTS genre, it deserved to be on that list.

And I lol'ed at this:

#3 Pong
    #36 World of Warcraft

Pong was just a game that some guy could make in his garage, its nothing spectacular. The gameplay is repetitive and gets boring quick. Mario deserves to be #1, they did so much more than Pac-Man ever could.

Then again, yet another list from some guy or company who randomly picks out games, and think they can make a list like that.
    i forgive you your young, but pong has to be one of the first games that actually was groundbreaking for its time. But overall i do agree that this list is made of random games

Honestly should have been named Top 100 games if your mainstream and old

Pong in 3 ? how the hell Pong is a great game, people just played it because there isn't anything else to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? I cant take such a list seriously when Secret of mana isnt present in the top 100. There are games present I havent even heard off..
    There is no Might and Magic present, no Guildwars, Megaman is only 34 (while contra is above the Bluebomber oO) and Diablo2 only 42? Who the hell made this Poll in the first place?

Nope I cant take this seriously..

10+ Year Old Account
    i put this list in my top 10 lists of top 100 lists

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    This isn't a top 100 list.

This is a random list of 100 games.
    My thoughts exactly, this listis one of the most laughably ignorant top xx-xxx video game lists I have ever seen. While this is a subjective thing, any self-respecting gamer that knows what they're talking about could not possibly take that list seriously.
    "The truth, my goal."

I can see it, Almost every game on the list is either A. Groundbreaking, B. played by millions of people, tens of millions for most C. A staple game for a particular console, D. Immensely popular or E. Ridiculous longevity

I understand most of you are not old enough to have played quite a lot of the games when they were released, or grew up progressing through them, it's partly a nostalgia thing.

I played pong in a pizza shop when it was less than a year released, so I'm old enough, and I can see this list.

Some of todays games are good, some are great, but rarely are they groundbreaking, and rarely will anyone be playing them within 3 months let alone 25 years later.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    *looks at the list*

No Baldurs gate and ME3 at number 10?

nnnnnnaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is what happens when people who aren't gamers try to talk about games
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Mass Effect 3 is the only game from the past 12 years in the Top 20.

Have fun with that knowledge, Internet and MMO-Champion denizens.

(Personally love the game, but I know there's still a lot of haters of the game out there)
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Angry Birds shouldn't be in there, neither should WoW due to the fact that it has declined in quality so much over the last few years. The lack of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time or at the very least, A Link to the Past, is highly disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Many people have heard of Oregon Trail. It's really just you.
    Exactly. This game was on most primary/elementary school computers in the 1980's (at least in North America it was). There have been multiple versions of it. I would be very surprised if anyone on this forum (even the much older folks) ever played the versions from the early to mid 70's, which I didn't know existed (I bet computers that could play it were super uncommon, and certainly weren't found in schools). I played a version for the Apple II (green and black screen only) and another for the Apple IIgs. There were CD Rom versions with updated graphics and gameplay in the 90's which I also remember fondly. I was older when I played the CD Rom so I actually learned a little something. In the older versions, we really only played it so we could use an Atari-like sprite to shoot buffalo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am one of the few who finds FFVII to not be super crazy awesome. I can't believe FFVIII isn't on the list. For it's time that graphics were incredible and a real break through. To this day one of my all time favorites. Tactics? wth

The list doesnt say "Best" games but "greatest", and by greatest they mean what they achieved, etc., that's why World of Warcraft is here, that's why GTAIII is here or even Desktop Tower Defense, you could argue these games aren't "good", but they all achieved massive things.

I instantly discredit any list that is willing to put Frogger over Final Fantasy 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Wheres Age of Empires 2?? STARCRAFT isn't on there yet Angry Birds is, and Starcraft is THE competitive computer game... CNN has no idea what they're talking about.
    League of legends has been bigger than sc for about a year now.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 03:54 AM ----------

What a joke list.

me3 wow solitaire pacman pong etc etc.

But where the fuck is civilization. Yeah I get strategy games might not appeal to everyone but that series is easily without a doubt the greatest of the genre. Im pretty sure civ IV was the game of the year when it released too.

Also the original zelda and metroid both sucked. They the sequels that came later in the series were infinitely better. I spent entirely too many hours playing metroid prime and metroid prime 2.