Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    No, it's pretty much a guarantee.

The only thing keeping Ahmadinejad in power is the fact that is hate-mongering is exactly why the Iranian people allow him to stay in power. They're afraid of us, as well they should be with our history of War before Diplomacy. In reality, he is both so unpopular among the masses for his domestic policy and increasingly involved in a power struggle with the Ayatollah that political experts don't expect him to finish a second term.

If the US stops putting so much pressure on Iran they'll probably lynch him in under a year.
    And the nuclear program is apparently his baby, which makes sense since it's part and parcel with standing up to the West. I blame all of this shit on the eradication of American human intel programs in the 80s. If we still had the HUMINT resources that we had in early Cold War, we would've know that Saddam was blowing smoke about WMDs to look strong domestically vis-a-vis the Iranians and that the Ahmadinejad is doing the exact same song and dance today. But hey, at least the NSA can read everybody's email.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I have a feeling by "not finish" you aren't referring to resignation.
    I'm not sure about impeachment proceedings in Iran, but given the power the Ayatollah wields and the fact that what Ahmadinejad seems to be attempting could be interpreted as a coup by the Qur'an, there's a good chance those proceedings might involve a bullet.

Or maybe his resignation will be forced.

I'd hope the latter would be the case. Ahmadinejad is an extremely smart man. So is Paul Broun. Neither of them should wield political power, though.

Both would be far more valuable out of the political sphere. For anyone unaware, Ahmadinejad is a civil engineer who holds a PhD in Transportation and Planning.
    Last edited by Laize; 2012-11-16 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'd say that was more about revenge than the "right thing". The "right thing" would have been something we should have done 30+ years ago to prevent the mujahideen we armed from turning into the nutjobs they became.
    I was actually on about the oil, but I agree that Afghanistan is a very unjust war.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeez View Post
    Well this holds true for USA and isreal Man look at your own countries, 99% of your people are fooled by the media which is owned by israel/jews. It's sad that we live in a world where 2 countries decide the fate of the rest of the world. What USA does effects the whole world. Israel owns USA and your media is blinding the people with propaganda.

It's not IRAN that should be feared is israel and US, you fucked Iran before and you fucked every country. Now your regime is falling and you guys don't know how to react. China is the new superpower and they are more fucked up.

This world is going down the shits but you know god bless america. Too bad ron paul didn't get elected then maybe USA could become the superpower again.
    Frankly the Zionism crap is getting old.
    Anyways just bomb it all away I couldn't care less for the region.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkydark View Post
    Knock, knock!
    Whos there?
    American...
    American what?
    American democracy!

USA Oil companies rejoice!
    "Energy resources in Iran consist of the fourth largest oil reserves and the second largest natural gas reserves in the world. Iran is an energy superpower"
    It is, that's why the CIA came in and overthrew their nationally supported leaders on behalf of BP, then called the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company and installed a US-friendly dictatorship...who was later overthrown and replaced with a West-unfriendly Ayatollah.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeez View Post
    Well this holds true for USA and isreal Man look at your own countries, 99% of your people are fooled by the media which is owned by israel/jews. It's sad that we live in a world where 2 countries decide the fate of the rest of the world. What USA does effects the whole world. Israel owns USA and your media is blinding the people with propaganda.

It's not IRAN that should be feared is israel and US, you fucked Iran before and you fucked every country. Now your regime is falling and you guys don't know how to react. China is the new superpower and they are more fucked up.

This world is going down the shits but you know god bless america. Too bad ron paul didn't get elected then maybe USA could become the superpower again.
    Oh look - an Anti-Jew racist. That's neat - you must be from Iran.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-16 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I was actually on about the oil, but I agree that Afghanistan is a very unjust war.
    Look at the map, then people will understand why we started there. Look who we now surround. Pakistand is the last one then they are done.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    We aren't talking about suicide bombers. We are talking about countries.

If any Nation was to use a Nuclear bomb as a first strike they would not live to see the end of it.
    So you are assuming that if Iran chooses to use a nuke on another country, the rest of the free world would kill millions of innocent Iranians?
    Because somehow if one person chucks a nuke, the rest will follow suite(or is it suit).
    I do NOT think that will happen. I think if Iran launches a nuke, a war will break out in the region, but it will be conventional.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's unjust, but I don't think it was started for cupcakes and rainbows and happy times. It was about revenge, but there is/was enough of a moderating factor in the US government and primarily the US population to make us give a damn about getting it right this time so it doesn't happen again.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Frankly the Zionism crap is getting old.
    Anyways just bomb it all away I couldn't care less for the region.
    You know you are saying to kill thousands of innocent people right? Do you even think about what you're saying? This isn't Call of duty, we are talking about real people who don't deserve to be "bombed away" because you lack the human ability to have empathy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    You are trying to apply reason to a mindset of people who use innocent humans as shields, who take cover in mosque... They obviously don't care about their own like we do ours.
    Talk about a radical generalization.
    You're pretty much calling all Iranian citizens and elected officials terrorists?

You can't generalize an entire population because of the actions of some, it's juvenile and quite frankly rather ridiculous.

I disagree with you there, what about Afghanistan?
    Afghanistan has significant untapped oil and natural gas reserves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's unjust, but I don't think it was started for cupcakes and rainbows and happy times. It was about revenge, but there is/was enough of a moderating factor in the US government and primarily the US population to make us give a damn about getting it right this time so it doesn't happen again.
    We need more revenge wars.

When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    You think the most cautious option is "invaaade" rather than "let's wait and see".

The funny thing is; If Iran were to voluntarily suspend its nuclear program, America wouldn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to invading Iran. Spoiler alert: America goes to war in these countries for oil, not to do "the right thing".
    I didn't go to war for oil...and I doubt you've ever gone to war for anything period. But then again I guess you'd actually have to have something meaningful in your life to fight for, which I suppose you don't.

wait, what? he mentioned Afghanistan as proof to the loon claiming the US starts wars for the sole purpose of oil... which will sidetrack the conversation about Iran again by the left O.o
    The USA domestically produces more oil than Iran.

How would we stop Iran?

It boggles my mind that just because people dont shit blown up on CNN that nothing is being done. Scientist have been car bombed in the middle of the day and 2 giant power lines (who feed 2 different massive centrifuge plants) were sabotaged in the middle of the desert. btw, cutting power abruptly to a centrifuge will destroy it. All of which could only of been done by US Seals & Mossad. (and maybe french legion but i doubt they are involved in this conflict)

So you are assuming that if Iran chooses to use a nuke on another country, the rest of the free world would kill millions of innocent Iranians?
    Because somehow if one person chucks a nuke, the rest will follow suite(or is it suit).
    I do NOT think that will happen. I think if Iran launches a nuke, a war will break out in the region, but it will be conventional.
    What I am saying is, If Iran was to use a nuclear weapon as a first strike they would become a target by the whole world. They would be digging their own graves and because of that they wouldn't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The USA domestically produces more oil than Iran.
    But we use far more than we produce.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The problem here is that Iran has every right to nuclear power, maybe that's all they're after.

What's the point if rules and regulations if you're just going to break them?

I don't want Iran with nukes, but I don't want plenty of other countries with nukes either, USA and Pakistan to name a couple.

Deleted
    Revenge would be going after the nation mostly behind it, look at this list.....

https://www.cia.gov/news-information...timony_new.pdf

Not one guy from Afghanistan but 15/19 were from Saudi Arabia, also the country that spawned Osama Bin Laden. Revenge may have been the public reason for the war in Afghanistan, but something else is going on behind the scenes.

Afghanistan started as "the right thing" but degenerated into just giving contractors loads of money.
    Yes - the only reason we are still in Afghanyland is so that I can give contractors more money. How about you avoid speaking on subjects for which you have no knowledge...I on the other hand do have firsthand knowledge and if you think the only reason we're there is to make rich people money then you obviously don't have a clue.