Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by titan972 View Post
    Sure - Israel should follow the rules...doesn't mean Iran needs nukes.
    NOBODY needs nukes. But as a sovereign nation, NOBODY has the right to tell them they can't have nukes.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon8 View Post
    I believe my country needs to start taking a more isolationist approach to the world and stop with the "Israel can do no wrong" mentality. If Israel wants to poke the bear one too many times and get bit, then it's up to them to defend themselves. Why do we have to step in every time two countries are going at each other. If they don't attack us, then we shouldn't attack them, bottom line. Just because our politicians are armchair warriors doesn't mean the rest of our country is.

On the topic of nuclear proliferation, which would you feel more safe in, a room with 100 people and 1 person has a gun or a room with 100 people and everyone has a gun. I would take the latter, because if you pull yours out you are toast. Its the same reason all these shootings happen at places that are "gun free," no one can fight back.
    So when a genocide is happening, like in....say...Rwanda, we should not step in? Are you actually being serious?

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    NOBODY needs nukes. But as a sovereign nation, NOBODY has the right to tell them they can't have nukes.
    They have every right to tell them they can't use nukes, you can be sure of at least that.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    "There is little point in attempting precisely to impute Japan's unconditional surrender to any one of the numerous causes which jointly and cumulatively were responsible for Japan's disaster. The time lapse between military impotence and political acceptance of the inevitable might have been shorter had the political structure of Japan permitted a more rapid and decisive determination of national policies. Nevertheless, it seems clear that, even without the atomic bombing attacks, air supremacy over Japan could have exerted sufficient pressure to bring about unconditional surrender and obviate the need for invasion."

From your own link, the bombing saving lives is not necessarily true, it is still open for debate.
    Exerting air supremacy would have meant more bombing raids, which would have also killed many people. Depending on how long they went on, possibly more. I'd say it's open for debate if you have any concrete evidence to support a particular side, but speculation doesn't actually do anything. The evidence needs to be such that the American administration at the time had access to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by titan972 View Post
    Sure - Israel should follow the rules...doesn't mean Iran needs nukes.
    Nobody needs nukes, but, if that's the only deterrent to an stop invasion, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I am willing to bet you never saw this because you only watch mainstream news.

I've seen this before.

Iran doesn't like Zionism... Nor do a lot of Jews. Who better to condemn the actions of a government than its own people? Pretty sure President Armoured Dinner Jacket knew this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post
    Im going to say that I think those nukes DID save more than they killed. And now the world has seen just how horrible they are, hopefully they wont need ever be used again.
    A-fucking-MEN.
    @dA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RussiaToday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=w8VbtRk5ufo#!
    http://rt.com/

For unbiased and real news, watch russiatoday and not FOX,CNN and all that propaganda shit.
    I'm not against jews infact i am a jew but the US is getting brainwashed by your media... and it's your own fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    They have every right to tell them they can't use nukes, you can be sure of at least that.
    Sure, you can have your toys just not use them. But then, who's the only country that's used a nuke against another?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Iran also claims there was no Holocaust, what a good way to support a neighbor... The good thing about all this, to the ppl that think that Iran nuking arming is a terrible idea, Israel is always watching, so they should do something, is true US should stop to try to fix everybody's problem and focus more in our internal crisis.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Albert Einstein

Then why are they provoking others?
    Provoking how? Attempting to get nukes? Well, they got a front row seat to what happens when the US deems it's liberation time(Iraq) and you don't have them. As for Hamas/Hezbollah, well maybe if the Israelis didn't meddle in the Iran's attempt to get a nuclear weapon they wouldn't be using them to get back at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    You... should not... be allowed to post.
    Why? Because I don't think that Iran is going to use it's nuclear weapons the second they get them on Israel.

The Soviet Union didn't go nuking the US & friends away when they got them in the 50s. So why would the Iranians do it to Israel who is armed with nuclear weapons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellermanv View Post
    Yet the only country who actually used nuclear weapons are those who are denying Iran to develop nuclear energy.

Fuck logic much ?
    Do you live in Chad, or does the flag have other significance?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    I've seen this before.

Iran doesn't like Zionism... Nor do a lot of Jews. Who better to condemn the actions of a government than its own people? Pretty sure President Armoured Dinner Jacket knew this.
    It does say a lot when you have real Jewish people denouncing the Zionist regime.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So when a genocide is happening, like in....say...Rwanda, we should not step in? Are you actually being serious?
    Yea because I clearly meant 100% isolationist when i said "a more isolationist approach." Meaning the difference between, "hey USA come overthrow our Government for us on your dime"..."Ok! sounds good, commence the bombing runs" to maybe taking a step back and thinking before we act. Why genocide was brought up when this entire conversation is about different countries attacking each other is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    It does say a lot when you have real Jewish people denouncing the Zionist regime.
    A lot of Jews don't like the extremism of the Israeli government. Still, enough keep putting them in power as to validate it. Same reason Ahmadinejad keeps power.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    India versus Pakistan comes to mind here.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 07:32 PM ----------

Keep repeating lies and they'll eventually become truths like Iraq WMD...
    iraq pulled the old "suicide by cop" routine, where you give them multiple reasons to shoot you because you want them to shoot you. iraq even had the UN believing there were probably WMD and were uncooperative

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    iraq pulled the old "suicide by cop" routine, where you give them multiple reasons to shoot you because you want them to shoot you. iraq even had the UN believing there were probably WMD and were uncooperative
    That is a blatant lie, Iraq cooperated with the UN prior to the invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon8 View Post
    Yea because I clearly meant 100% isolationist when i said "a more isolationist approach." Meaning the difference between, "hey USA come overthrow our Government for us on your dime"..."Ok! sounds good, commence the bombing runs" to maybe taking a step back and thinking before we act. Why genocide was brought up when this entire conversation is about different countries attacking each other is beyond me.
    "If they don't attack us, then we shouldn't attack them, bottom line."
    That's your bottom line, not mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Further, the only way anybody could stop the Iranians from funneling guns and money into Lebanon and Gaza is total regime change and I have yet to hear any public figure in Israel, let alone the prime minster, advocate the overthrow of the Iranian government by outside forces.
    I don't know but when a country goes to war with another country they don't do it for giggles. They usually do it to overthrow the current government.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Sure, you can have your toys just not use them. But then, who's the only country that's used a nuke against another?
    Irrelevant.

"If they don't attack us, then we shouldn't attack them, bottom line."
    That's your bottom line, not mine.
    No it isn't. There's a difference between actively meddling with the affairs of a bunch of nations and using military power as a mean to that end and interfering during the systemic elimination of a people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That is a blatant lie, Iraq cooperated with the UN prior to the invasion.
    Which is why UN opposed the invasion.