Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acesibo View Post
    None of you know Jack.

He sold me a Super Turbo Magic Jack Plus Supreme v2.0

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if Iran would attempt to take over Europe I wouldn't find it wrong. Afterall, that's what the entire NATO is doing down there.... However, that's not the case and there's NO proof to tell other thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    North Korea. It already is happening again. We know for sure they are trying to get a nuke, it's almost done, but not quite, why not stop them too? I never heard anything about pressure relating North Korea's nuclear program.
    Because North Korea couldn't nuke their own backyard even if they wanted to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abidos View Post
    This was the most ridiculous response i've ever seen in my whole life.

1) Tell that to the big amount of people that died later without being noticed due to radiation dammage, not to mention the ones dead on the impact zone, the number is incalculable, the same goes for how big was the dammage done by the Chernobyl leak.
    2) Chernobyl demonstrated that much better and without the need of blowing up entire cities.

Japan surrendered after the bombs, so you are also saying that japan alone would have done much more dammage than what germany did at that time? Oh, you must be american and still cry about Pearl Harbor, so, Let's save LOTS of lifes by killing 100000x on the "enemy" side.

In my point of view, USA is the biggest terrorist country ever to exist, no other country in the world kills so many ppl directly or indirectly than USA.
    Initial deaths caused by the nuclear bombing approximate roughly 120,000 for Hiroshima and some 70,000 for Nagasaki. Tertiary deaths caused by radiation poisoning over the following decades is estimated to roughly double those numbers. The total estimated death toll for the atomic bombings of Japan is still considered to be less than the firebombing of Dresden.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The next world war wont be Arabs vs Jews or even North vs South Korea, it'll be Pakistan vs India. 'young countries', land dispute, actual armies, religious difference....nuclear power. boom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Well... someone had to be first.

It's not like we're proud of it. And, much like a drunk driver who accidentally killed someone, we're doing our best to stop others from making the same mistake.
    While selling beer on the middle of highway?

Iran only wants nukes because Israel has nukes.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-11-17 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    I've been following this shitstorm for years now and honestly I'm at the point where China needs to cut ties and just fucking get rid of Iran. The UNSC has not done shit to stop Iran from becoming a bigger threat and the closest person that can reasonably deal with it is China. You do not want a fucking nation that supports terrorism to have nuclear power, especially when its veil is non-existent and is really being used for weapons. I would not shed a single tear if Iran was removed from maps.
    You and extremists like you is everything that is wrong in the world today. You would kill 10s of millions for what? Are you even aware that Iran didn't attack anyone for hundreds of years? You make me sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been following this shitstorm for years now and honestly I'm at the point where China needs to cut ties and just fucking get rid of Iran. The UNSC has not done shit to stop Iran from becoming a bigger threat and the closest person that can reasonably deal with it is China. You do not want a fucking nation that supports terrorism to have nuclear power, especially when its veil is non-existent and is really being used for weapons. I would not shed a single tear if Iran was removed from maps.
    China deals with Iran because it makes the West get their panties in a knot. It's trolling on an international scale.

If the West, primarily the US and Israel, just took the stick out of their butts in regard to Iran, China would probably dump them so fast it'd make your head spin.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

If you've been following it for 2 years, how could you possibly think Iran is a legitimate threat when someone with as little power as Ahmadinejad is the only one calling for nuclear war?

10+ Year Old Account
    North Korea. It already is happening again. We know for sure they are trying to get a nuke, it's almost done, but not quite, why not stop them too? I never heard anything about pressure relating North Korea's nuclear program.
    The heaviest trade sanctions in the world are leveled against North Korea already.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I have to ask...have you been paying attention to the news at all? Sanctions, threats of war, hell the Korean DMZ(ironically the most militarized place in the world), military exercises outside their borders, talks with dozens of world leaders, multiple US presidents, yeah, there's pressure on N Korea, a whole shit-ton more than Iran.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Then I have to ask...have you been paying attention to the news at all? Sanctions, threats of war, hell the Korean DMZ(ironically the most militarized place in the world), military exercises outside their borders, talks with dozens of world leaders, multiple US presidents, yeah, there's pressure on N Korea, a whole shit-ton more than Iran.
    Yet one week can't pass without news about Iran, Israel (or both).

10+ Year Old Account
    Initial deaths caused by the nuclear bombing approximate roughly 120,000 for Hiroshima and some 70,000 for Nagasaki. Tertiary deaths caused by radiation poisoning over the following decades is estimated to roughly double those numbers. The total estimated death toll for the atomic bombings of Japan is still considered to be less than the firebombing of Dresden.
    Still U.S. nuking of Japan was the sole reason everyone desperately engaged in nuclear race. in addition to United States, we have Russia, Great Britain, France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel, and North Korea. Adding Iran to this list wont change anything.

I do not support any kind of WMDs but the thing is I have to assume the worst when it comes to Israel. None of these countries frightens me more than Israel and Pakistan, one controlled by extremist zealots, the other has the largest population of extremist zealots.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Iran has history of being sympathetic towards terrorists.
    So is US, but everyone seems to forget 50-70s existed at all.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    How would we stop Iran?
    This is exactly the question. Iran is a developped country with 80 millions people. They are educated, it's not like Afganistan. You cannot control Persia, even with the wishful thinking of the US people.

I honestly don't think anyone would use a nuclear weapon in the middle east, as its their own back yard. No matter who fires it first, it will just escalate to the whole middle east firing nukes at each other. I'm not saying war won't break out, but if one is fired somewhere over there at someone else nearby its not going to end well.

Seriously, Iran couldn't even shoot an US UAV over international air space out of the sky. What makes you think they will get a nuclear weapon? I'm not saying they aren't trying but I would be surprised if they achieved it. They are just trying to spread fear through the world of "What if, what if, what if?" and making tensions rise by doing so. It doesn't help the whole situation with Israel and Gaza going at it, but they have been going at it for YEARS, and will probably never stop fighting each other.

Has anyone mentioned that most of the information we have about radiation sickness came from tests done after the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Because the first nuclear test took place three weeks before the bombs were dropped, so there wasn't a lot of time for long-term studies. And radiology was still a very new science at the time, radiation in use in any form at all had only been around approximately 50 years, and there was still a lot that was not understood. So using the long-term effects of radiation against the United States is silly, since they were simply unknown at the time. It was simply a big bomb that blew things up real good, the primary difference was that one plane with one bomb could do what hundreds of planes with thousands of bombs had been doing for years already. Yet nobody seems to start screaming about the hundreds of thousands of Japanese who died horribly in massive firestorms brought about by previous bombing. Shouldn't we be arguing against the massive bombardment of civilian populations at all? Like why is it fine as long as it's not nukes? That is also silly.

It's also silly to say that Japan was ready to surrender and the bombs had no influence. Sure, some people in Japan were ready to throw in the towel. But the vote to surrender came down to a deadlock. Wait, hold on, the vote AFTER THE ATOMIC BOMBINGS came down to a deadlock. It was up to the Emperor to personally step in and cast the deciding vote in favor of surrender. So of course everyone decided that was the best choice right. No. Not right. After the Emperor decided it was time to call it quits, which was after two atomic bombs had been dropped, there was an attempted coup by some members of the military, because they thought it was a good idea to keep fighting. It failed, and Japan surrendered. The Allies had called for total unconditional surrender, which Italy and Germany did. So Japan did like they were asked, right? HAHAHAHAWRRRROOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG! Japan surrendered on the condition that the Emperor maintain his position. That's right, Japan refused to surrender unconditionally and GAVE THE UNITED STATES A DIPLOMATIC REASON TO CONTINUE THE WAR. AFTER BEING NUKED. TWICE. And you better believe there were some in the US government who wanted none of that hogwash and to keep on fightin'. But cooler heads prevailed and they did some fancy diplomatic dancin' to say it was an unconditional surrender when it technically wasn't, because most people agreed that enough was enough.

Also, for screaming about how awful it is for Japan, that two of their cities got nuked, also remember these things:
    1 - Japan lost its conquered territory (obviously), Germany lost its conquered territory (obviuosly)
    2 - Japan kept its original home territory. Germany lost a large portion of its home territory in the east. (And I don't mean East Germany, I mean parts of what is now Poland and Russia)
    3 - Japan was bombed from the sky! Germany was bombed from the sky! And fought over on the ground with tanks! And infantry! And shelled with artillery! And occupied by hostile ground forces while the war was still on who raped and killed and plundered and burned! And ransacked from one end of the country to the other!
    4 - The Japanese home islands quickly rebuilt and became a global power.
    5 - Germany rebuilt and became a global power. Well, I mean first what was left of the country that Poland and Russia didn't take was cut up into four pieces and occupied, and then it became two separate nations who didn't get along and wasn't put back together for almost 50 years.

So.... yeah. Germany had it worse than Japan.

But believe what you want, 'cause nukes are bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    It's pretty much common sense that the Japanese would attempt to stave off an invasion in one of the bloodiest battles mankind has ever seen. It would have made Gettysburg look like a dinner party.
    If it happened that way you're probably right. That's why it's such a convincing myth. Read what Eisenhower, MacArthur, and Nimitz said about it. Not really interested in derailing the thread, but know that your opinion, though it is widespread, isn't really as much a fact as you think. USSR had just joined in, and there's very good reason to believe we wouldn't have had to eventually invade, and even if we had, we had months to decide. Instead, Truman made the call to drop the bomb the first day we could.

On-topic, I saw a story on PBS mentioning this report. They used the words "Weapons-Grade Uranium". Do they mean 20% or what? Did 90% enrichment enter the picture sometime and I missed it?

Don't see the issue, save for the usual Western hypocrisy. If people wanted to worry about anything in the Middle East, they've would've began long ago with Israel giving the middle finger to numerous UN resolutions with their illegal occupation of Gaza and the quest to expand more illegally/unjustifiably as they have with the creation of their country to begin with. Were the issue about giving land back to its rightful owners, Native Americans would be celebrating in the streets.