Page 1 of 2
LastLast

F2P/Preferred XP Restriction

Hey,

I'm checking out SWTOR again after letting my account lapse do to lack of play (like a lot of people). On their site they say F2P and Preferred players receive less XP than subscribers. Does anyone have the exact amount this is? Am I wrong in assuming it's 25%, so that when you buy the XP buff, you are paying to get the normal amount?

Thanks

Don't get rested exp boost don't know about normal and you need to sub to get cartel coins as far as i can tell...i have 450 ish and i cant access them unless i sub

I was going to come back for F2P, maybe spend some 20$ on coins, but this basically killed it for me. I remember how slow levelling was before - and now they make it even slower if I don't sub? Thanks but no thanks. Leave it on the same level and then offer boosts for subscribers - sure. But SLOWING IT DOWN for F2P is just stupid.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

At first I thought it was just no rest EXP, but when I hit level 10 on a character last night, the EXP tooltip changed to saying I was getting reduced rates as well and to subscribe. **** you EA!

I have been on the phone to customer services for almost 2 hours so I can give F2P a try but now I know about this I'm tempted to hang up
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Just hang up imo.. it's just not worth it. I understand F2P is something foreign to EA, seeing as they want to make truckloads of money, but this is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    EA's concept of "F2P" reminds me of this scene from The Princess Bride:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

I got through not long after I posted. At least now it is sorted in case I get struck with boredom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Free game is still free. I'd personally rant more over other things than lower xp rates for non-sub...

Like no hide helm option, and color matching for armor or something.... I 'like' how some of those xp consumables in the cartel store don't bind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volrath50 View Post
    Hey,

I'm checking out SWTOR again after letting my account lapse do to lack of play (like a lot of people). On their site they say F2P and Preferred players receive less XP than subscribers. Does anyone have the exact amount this is? Am I wrong in assuming it's 25%, so that when you buy the XP buff, you are paying to get the normal amount?

Thanks
    Nah, it's the same through quests. You just get less XP through Warzone quests and Flashpoint Quests and dailies. You also don't benefit from rested.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yeah, came back last night to check out the F2P was surprised I was able to log into all 8 of my characters I had, sadly Every one of my toons had to be renamed because of mergers yet Im still on the same server I was on before lol. Wouldnt resub after that crap. I chose The Harbinger at the beginning when servers were full and took naps waiting to queue into game just to lose my characters names on my home server Thanks EAware. Deleted a character and then it wouldnt let me create one. The one hot bar thing was retarded. Considering Denova was the last thing I was doing before I quit and the Black hole dailies doesnt seem like this was worth coming back to. Will more than likely delete my shortcut for another 6 months waiting for something possibly good to play or never look back . In my opinion one of the biggest mmo failures in history even though I stood behind it for many years womp womp lol.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Ya'll got much further than I did. I had 2 level 50s already, plus a couple in the 30s. Playing a max level character is kinda useless in the extended trial so I wanted to create a new one in a class I hadn't tried yet. In order to do that I must delete all but 1 toon. Creating a toon on a different server doesn't work. So my choices are create a new account, and not take advantage of the legacy unlocks, or pay more money to EA, which only promotes this abortion of free to play system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly as a user has stated- Free = Free. You get what you pay for. Don't come expecting everything to be handed to you when you aren't paying anything to play the game.

That being said:

Keep this thread constructive. I don't want to be forced to close another thread due to the inability to have a solid conversation that helps others understand the recent changes- not completely bash the game.

hell just quick bars and id probably play the F2P but no quick bars... ya screw this..

Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    Yeah, came back last night to check out the F2P was surprised I was able to log into all 8 of my characters I had, sadly Every one of my toons had to be renamed because of mergers yet Im still on the same server I was on before lol.
    You're actually not on the same server, despite the name leading you to think you are. There have been quite a few server mergers, so you're most likely on a new merged server, that just happens to share your old servers name. I was lucky to log in and still have my names, but all my toons had a mail advising that they had been through a server transfer (IE: Merger). (I even got a free pet for it. It claimed toi give me some kind of black hole thing, but I can't see any in my currency tab. That said, I had no 50s)

From what I've read on the official forums, after a merger, the game 1st looks at at the account status, then the age of the character. If your toon is older, but your account is inactive, while somebody has the same name but is active, they keep it, you lose it.

Makes sense really, why take a name from somebody that's paying versus somebody that has stopped paying?

@Lugor: You do realize that the entire idea of a free to play system is to encourage you to buy extras via micro transactions? That's why there is such a restriction (Most free to play games I've heard about have character limits versus subscribers. Course, there's a fine line between promoting mistranslations and just plain driving one away from a game, heh)
    Last edited by Icaras; 2012-11-17 at 02:30 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

So what do people mean about the quickbars? All my configurations from before seem to be available to me.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    So what do people mean about the quickbars? All my configurations from before seem to be available to me.
    I think they mean UI customization, and how you weren't supposed to get any with a F2P account. If you had subbed before, then idk, there appears to be some murkiness for people who once subbed but wants to check F2P option.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    The quickbars are the bars which obviously hold all of your abilities. With the new F2P model if you do not buy a sub you only are allowed to see 2 of these bars less you PAY to have more bars. I don't mind buying things in game to support the game if I choose not to do a month to month sub, but fucking with the goddamn UI as a mini-transaction is beyond retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two bars is plenty to level up... which is essentially what the F2P option is intended for.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I think they mean UI customization, and how you weren't supposed to get any with a F2P account. If you had subbed before, then idk, there appears to be some murkiness for people who once subbed but wants to check F2P option.
    I just looked it up, apparently there's a 2 quickbar restriction... which I didn't notice because I've only been playing my low level toons.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.