Thread: Marks buff yay!

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Marks buff yay!

Hunter
    - Aimed Shot damage +10%.
    - Chimera Shot damage +50%.
    - Steady Shot damage +20%.
    - Black Arrow and Explosive Shot damage +15%.
    - Hearing lots of concerns about Power Shot in PvP, so we may need a PvP-specific tweak there.

I hope they don't fuck uo power shot, yeah it's op in ptr right now, but well

still bm has more utility and we'll see if the burst is still better or not
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Doesn't matter, that SV buff just GG'd the competition.

Best spec for everything now

well mostly I was talking about PVP, too bored of playing bm
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Where are these notes? Cuz they aren't on mmo champion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    well mostly I was talking about PVP, too bored of playing bm
    In that case, we can celebrate the possible return of MM PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Where are these notes? Cuz they aren't on mmo champion.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...rt-iii/#post20

- Hearing lots of concerns about Power Shot in PvP, so we may need a PvP-specific tweak there.
    I'm reading that as "Now it actually hits the target it's too OP"
    Last edited by mmoc5ff2ee9b91; 2013-02-20 at 01:51 AM.

yeah they gonna fuck up power shot, I agree it's too op on clothes but almost useless on plate, instead of 800% weapon dmg (phyisical dmg), I'd be fine with sometihng like 600-650% nature dmg
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    lolz, so they buff the main shots of MM then turn around and buff sv also.... so that means MM will still be bottom rung of dps meters.... sad! and I happened to enjoy MM too.

So hyped about the SV buffs. God I'm fucking pumped for 5.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it feels good, almost Christmas when you're 8 yrs old good. I didn't think they were going to buff us at all.

well it means BM will be dead in 5.2 for even ST fights

Are these changes on the PTR now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    well it means BM will be dead in 5.2 for even ST fights
    Praise the titans, hallelujah. Death to the crap spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    lolz, so they buff the main shots of MM then turn around and buff sv also.... so that means MM will still be bottom rung of dps meters.... sad! and I happened to enjoy MM too.
    These buffs actually put all 3 specs crazy close (based on some short napkin math). And by close, I mean all within 1k with my current sims. And TBH, Marks is easier to play to its potential then BM is IMO.

For reference, the marks buffs sim out to about an 8k dps increase and the sv buffs sim out to be about 5.25k dps. Simcraft shows them as about a 7.5kdps and 5kdps increase respectively.
    Last edited by Conjor; 2013-02-20 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    These buffs actually put all 3 specs crazy close (based on some short napkin math). And by close, I mean all within 1k with my current sims. And TBH, Marks is easier to play to its potential then BM is IMO.

For reference, the marks buffs sim out to about an 8k dps increase and the sv buffs sim out to be about 5.25k dps.
    With the 50 cost on aimed shot the careful aim phase still makes me cry at how bad the focus capping is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Damn it feels good, almost Christmas when you're 8 yrs old good. I didn't think they were going to buff us at all.
    yeah dude, I was like oh god they wont touch hunters again, another season playing bm..

then I saw this buff and I had a boner
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    With the 50 cost on aimed shot the careful aim phase still makes me cry at how bad the focus capping is there.
    If it really bugs you, I've had success with not CA focus capping and fervor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are some nice changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... I hope they change those, really would hate to play as MM again :/
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, but also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else’s work doesn’t necessarily turn you into one either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    Street Fighter MMORPG! Can you imagine everyone just hurricane kicking and tuna boating all over the place. This sounds like an awesome game.

How close is SV and BM in ST fights at the moment? I feel like BM will still be a decent spec, or will SV and MM go ahead of it? I still like playing BM but I feel like the new set-pieces and meta will be better off for SV.. Anyone got any stats on this already or knows anything?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice changes. I'm kinda curious to how the chimera shot buff will turn out though. It does pretty shit damage currently, but 50% is a lot :P. The aimed shot buff is nice, but idk how much that will actually change. Steady shot buff is meh, 20% of 5k isnt much ;P

Idk how much chimera shot is currently doing. I'm guessing around the 15-20k on players with 40k~ crits. At least chimera shot will be doing some notably damage next patch with 60k~ crits. Going to be insane if an MM hunter is able to set up instant aimed shot with power shot into chimera shot. That's like (if all crit ofc) 200-250k damage in 3 globals or so.

Some of those changes I don't get though tbh. Just take a look at the DK changes. 30% buff to diseases, 8%~ buff to scourge strike. 15% rip damage buff? >.<